16 - perkins.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 9, sup3rfish

Last edited by a moderator:
if he doesn't shirk a contest he is better then cutler

if he doesn't miss targets inside 50 he is better then Shiel/Caldwell

already has a bigger body then Ham and Cahill

we could do worse

"It was another strong game from Archie. He was really strong in the contest again, tackled well, ran hard, won his clearances as a midfielder and set us up when he was forward."

The bloke could seriously play. Obviously never sufficiently developed the professionalism to match his ceiling but none the less, he could damn well play.
I’m still hurting from the unrealised potential.

That 8 goal game lives on in the memory

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m still hurting from the unrealised potential.

That 8 goal game lives on in the memory

Not to get too bogged down in the Riemers discussion etc and I'm well aware of him throwing the club under the bus with the Supplements Scandal. But what actually put him on the outer with the club before that?

Seemed like he was a bit of a spark in the an otherwise mediocre period for us.

Not to get too bogged down in the Riemers discussion etc and I'm well aware of him throwing the club under the bus with the Supplements Scandal. But what actually put him on the outer with the club before that?

He was an absolute deadshit.

As is my understanding.

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting, I went back over his history and we'd kill for someone with his skill set, aggression and ability at the moment.

He even seemed to have knuckeled down and started to produce the things asked.

Sounds a lot like it was a genuine personality clash with Sir Jim and a crowd high 5 was the final straw... LOL

(edit: just read Dappers response) Hmmmmmm...

There is a bit of an irony to Reimers "look at me" looseness and utensil sureness tbh when you see what some are liking about Archie. Ohhh well, TFC.

Looking forward to Archie's debut. 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

When the ASAGA thing broke out, Reimers made a whole bunch of statements about Essendon making the players signing waivers etc.

Spike McVeigh replied as follows (https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...veigh-blasts-drugs-claims-20130206-2dyww.html)
''Kyle Reimers has come out and said some things that are untrue. He is a disgruntled player, was delisted from the football club, very rarely turned up for pre-season training in any sort of form that resembled a professional footballer.

''It wasn't a waiver, it was a consent form. It was clearly stated to us what we were taking. If you didn't know, you must have been asleep in the meeting. You know what, Kyle probably was.''

I imagine that probably had something to do with it

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Yeah, spike sounding very much like a company man in their time of need.

Minus the words "douche", etc, it really does read like a 2020-2021 article.

Agreed, although their fevola strain sounded really nasty, good thing that didn't go global.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back