Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

Suddenly I’m not so fussed about finding out the membership numbers..... can’t imagine too many will be signing up after that effort.

I used to have a pile of the old cards that they clipped from the Waverley years. You could see the 1996 and 1997 cards were fully clipped and ended up like a handsaw, '98 started to get a few less and the clips got less as we got shitter. You could see how fair-weather you were over time. I bought my first membership at the SOS campaign. I used to buy my memberships at preseason games but they must have recorded names and addresses because I always got the Saint magazines and other stuff like raffle ticket books.

I was a member from about 1980 when Dad took me to my first game and stayed a member until 1993 when Dad and I protested the move to Waverley by not re-joining.

I was back on board in 94 & have been ever since.

When the club lost all of their membership records I provided that explanation & they had no issue in taking it on it's merits.

Oh? Is the club publicly owned? I assume by board elections you mean the board of governors?
The club is owned by members. We elect the board of directors*

*When more than one person is running for each position.

It's different for clubs like Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Sydney, Gold Coast, GWS, West Coast and Freo. They're eather owned by the AFL, SANFL or WAFC

Here's a video explaining how AFL clubs are owned.

Last edited:
An update from the club would still be good. If we’re close then it might provide a little extra momentum to get us there.
I don’t understand why the club are keeping silent about it. In this day and age with social media and everything they should make it more public. Carlton ******* does it for their members constantly. Sick of hearing the updates from my wife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club sent another sorry email apologising for pack delays and offering free stuff as compo. It sounds like it's been a PR disaster and going to be expensive if they have to give away free merchandise.

"Dear ....,

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for your incredible loyalty to the Saints and for being a member in 2021.

It is through hardworking, dedicated members like yourself that we have been able to grow as a club both on and off the field.

We know that for many of you, wearing your member item and updating your bumper sticker is a visual representation of your passion for the Saints. There have been significant, repeated delays with the shipping of membership packs and we wanted to acknowledge the disappointment many of you have felt at either only recently receiving your pack or not yet having received it at all. We unreservedly apologise for any inconvenience or displeasure caused by this.

We acknowledge that this correspondence comes after previous updates on these delays and whilst COVID-19 has made this process significantly more challenging than it usually is, it falls well below the standards we hold ourselves to.

We have been assured by our member pack suppliers that the issues holding up your pack have now been resolved. If you haven’t already received it, you can now expect delivery this week.

We recognise this isn’t an ideal situation, so as a club we are prepared to offer you a supplementary member item, should you wish to be compensated for the delay.

This item would be in addition to the $20 voucher you received when you renewed, which you are also able to use at Saints Locker to purchase a member item. To redeem your complimentary item, click here by COB Thursday 1 April. These items are in stock locally and are ready for dispatch within a few business days post your selection.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for the delays. Please rest assured we will be reviewing our current arrangements to minimise the chance of any similar inconveniences in the future.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Coulson
General Manager - Consumer Business

Please note, member items are subject to availability"

I feel like a membership “ladder” is the only thing that matters re numbers really .
if we got to 60 thousand but everyone else had 100 then we’re still relatively minnows.
I want to be ahead of Melb , Roos , Bulldogs, Geelong , swans etc
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure we’re one of the bigger “minnow”s.
I think Melbourne and dogs might be ahead (and given their recent history Geelong ought to be). I’ll settle for not being bottom six.

it’s the same with flags - I don’t give a * how many paper bags the blues had to spend to get their sixteen flags Or how many drugs the bombers had to take to win theirs. I’m happy with one flag to start off with. Give me one and then I can get greedy for more and climbing the ladder.

cone to thinkof it that’s an unfair comparison - members to flags

The club sent another sorry email apologising for pack delays and offering free stuff as compo. It sounds like it's been a PR disaster and going to be expensive if they have to give away free merchandise.

"Dear ....,

Firstly, I wanted to thank you for your incredible loyalty to the Saints and for being a member in 2021.

It is through hardworking, dedicated members like yourself that we have been able to grow as a club both on and off the field.

We know that for many of you, wearing your member item and updating your bumper sticker is a visual representation of your passion for the Saints. There have been significant, repeated delays with the shipping of membership packs and we wanted to acknowledge the disappointment many of you have felt at either only recently receiving your pack or not yet having received it at all. We unreservedly apologise for any inconvenience or displeasure caused by this.

We acknowledge that this correspondence comes after previous updates on these delays and whilst COVID-19 has made this process significantly more challenging than it usually is, it falls well below the standards we hold ourselves to.

We have been assured by our member pack suppliers that the issues holding up your pack have now been resolved. If you haven’t already received it, you can now expect delivery this week.

We recognise this isn’t an ideal situation, so as a club we are prepared to offer you a supplementary member item, should you wish to be compensated for the delay.

This item would be in addition to the $20 voucher you received when you renewed, which you are also able to use at Saints Locker to purchase a member item. To redeem your complimentary item, click here by COB Thursday 1 April. These items are in stock locally and are ready for dispatch within a few business days post your selection.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for the delays. Please rest assured we will be reviewing our current arrangements to minimise the chance of any similar inconveniences in the future.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Coulson
General Manager - Consumer Business

Please note, member items are subject to availability"
I got that too yesterday or Friday I think. Also got some weird round button thing that I have no idea what the * to do with it. It has ST K on one side and adhesive on the other. Anyone know wtf that is?

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure we’re one of the bigger “minnow”s.
I think Melbourne and dogs might be ahead (and given their recent history Geelong ought to be). I’ll settle for not being bottom six.

it’s the same with flags - I don’t give a fu** how many paper bags the blues had to spend to get their sixteen flags Or how many drugs the bombers had to take to win theirs. I’m happy with one flag to start off with. Give me one and then I can get greedy for more and climbing the ladder.

cone to thinkof it that’s an unfair comparison - members to flags
We’re 10-15K ahead of both clubs you’ve mentioned. On par with Geelong which is an enormous effort considering they’ve played finals and won flags consistently for two decades.

Lol.. whoever is giving you your news is well off the mark my friend!
You’re shitting me. I called last Monday after the GWS win and they said we were very close to 50k - like 300 away.

that’s so disappointing :(

You’re shitting me. I called last Monday after the GWS win and they said we were very close to 50k - like 300 away.

that’s so disappointing :(
Whoa whoa wait.

just realised that post you quoted wasn’t a recent one.... interesting. Suddenly I’m feeling a lot more upbeat.

I got that too yesterday or Friday I think. Also got some weird round button thing that I have no idea what the fu** to do with it. It has ST K on one side and adhesive on the other. Anyone know wtf that is?

I think that button is some kind of mobile phone hanging device. I didn't bother claiming it because I figured It would be as useful as you are finding it.

Lol.. whoever is giving you your news is well off the mark my friend!

So, we’ve already broken through the ceiling is what I’m reading into that.
Fantastic!
Just what are they waiting for to announce it?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back