Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers obscenely over-rate their players.

Nah. Individually you can see their talent it's the list balance that's ****ed. Look at Fantasia, Ryder, Melksham, Hibberd. Are they different players? No, just played in better teams.

Perhaps they do but not in Merrett’s case. He is a gun and fair market value would be in the 800k range.

As a neutral he’d be Pies 2nd best mid behind Pendles and just ahead of Adams.
Not sure whether he would be ahead of Adams. Adams is probably more important than Pendles. I’d say a better option than Treloar because he is more likely to hit a target.

From an outside perspective. It looks a no brainer taking the two, top3 picks.

Add to the 3 top10 picks last draft. Rebuild properly

I think so also. the 2 best available mids makes a lot of sense. I wonder if you guys would consider him with Cotchin, Edwards and Houli all ageing and nearing the end.

Port are the only contender with the cap space for a big offer.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I doubt that's a coincidence. Port have been very active in the trade/free agency periods over the last few years, and would've planned on having this space. Can't see any other clubs as a genuine chance at getting Merrett unless he really doesn't want to leave Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are the only contender with the cap space for a big offer.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol, Geelong will be right up there with them given all the retirements we have on the horizon - Selwood, Tuohy, Hawkins, Henderson, Smith, Higgins, Jenkins, all likely by the end of 2022-2023. That's 3 MIL+ off the cap. Selwood alone retiring, would be enough to cover Merrett, let alone everyone else. So I wouldn't say Port are the only contender with a lot of cap space moving forward.

He won’t stay with this debacle of a club.
I still don’t think he will leave Victoria and I think he will end up at Geelong if I was to put money on it. Collingwood would be second favourite on my line of betting.
He's too young for the cats.

Lol, Geelong will be right up there with them given all the retirements we have on the horizon - Selwood, Tuohy, Hawkins, Henderson, Smith, Higgins, Jenkins, all likely by the end of 2022-2023. That's 3 MIL+ off the cap. Selwood alone retiring, would be enough to cover Merrett, let alone everyone else. So I wouldn't say Port are the only contender with a lot of cap space moving forward.

Can't remember who said it but Blues and Pies are desperate for Merret been no mention of Port or other teams so who's knows

Not sure how Blues can afford Merret when they have Williams and Saad on big money plus they need to re-sign Cripps on a fat contract

Not taking the piss but do you think those retirements might make you less attractive as a destination? Still some good players after that but that's a good chunk of your best talent

Not taking the piss but do you think those retirements might make you less attractive as a destination? Still some good players after that but that's a good chunk of your best talent

Not really, the lure of regional life will always put us in a good position. Higgins, Smith and Jenkins are irrelevant, Hawkins we have a replacement for, Merret would replace Selwood, Tuohy will be a loss. Henderson meh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back