AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an AFL membership, not a Club Membership. You don't pay access for the General Reserve.

Back in the day, you used to be able to scan in at Gate 6, then walk thru to the General Reserve. Now that there is no walk up at all, it doesn't work.
The whole time I've had AFL Membership - for Hawks home games I've been able to scan in at any gate at the G except gate 2 (MCC) and sit in the GA areas, this was advertised in the terms and conditions as how it works. We were always given the same rights as club GA members because essentially your AFL membership is also a basic GA membership of your club of support. For away games and non Hawks games I had to scan in at one of the AFL Member gates (6 or 7). I've never done it, but others have said they could also buy reserved seats in the public part of the ground at a discounted rate for their club of support home games exactly the same way the GA members of that club can, enabling them to sit with non member friends without having to fork out full price. I assume this option was only available for home games.

It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't allow this same public section reserved seat option now for AFL members for your club of support home games. Clubs are still allowing it, I got an email from the Hawks saying if you want to go with non members you have to wait until the public on sale - but during the public on sale you can still enter your barcode and you will get the discounted or free seat but obviously your friends would pay the full rate sitting next to you.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite
TigerR

When you guys tried to get a discounted/free seat in the public section what exactly happened?
I'm assuming you selected the 'Club Members & Public Reserve' option from the drop down list on the first screen and then entered your barcode in the box and then clicked on the 'Unlock Tickets' button. Did it say it was an invalid barcode or did it take you through to the next screen? If it did take you through to the next screen then what options were available? I would expect to be able to click on the seat option (eg: level 1 goal, level 4 etc) and then select the type of tickets (eg: 1 adult, 1 child) and would expect one of the ticket types to be 'upgrading member' or something similar. When I try now it says invalid barcode but that could be because I've already used it for a seat in the AFL Reserve for this week.

I'll be looking to do this in the next few weeks and will be peeved if I can't.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite
TigerR

When you guys tried to get a discounted/free seat in the public section what exactly happened?
I'm assuming you selected the 'Club Members & Public Reserve' option from the drop down list on the first screen and then entered your barcode in the box and then clicked on the 'Unlock Tickets' button. Did it say it was an invalid barcode or did it take you through to the next screen? If it did take you through to the next screen then what options were available? I would expect to be able to click on the seat option (eg: level 1 goal, level 4 etc) and then select the type of tickets (eg: 1 adult, 1 child) and would expect one of the ticket types to be 'upgrading member' or something similar. When I try now it says invalid barcode but that could be because I've already used it for a seat in the AFL Reserve for this week.

You enter your barcode under 'Club Members & Public Reserve' and get to the next screen. When you go to the drop down menu option for tickets, only two things appear from memory - discounted AFL member upgrade and infant. No option for a second adult non-AFL member ticket.

Alternatively if you don't put in a barcode, when you get to the next screen you can purchase 2+ GA tickets.

So for some reason they still give you the option of the upgrade, just not if you want to also simultaneously get a GA adult ticket...

For Pies v Blues I tried online at 1pm on Tuesday and only back of level 4 was available, tried the following day and got Level 2 N23. I’m assuming they were held for corporates etc that they couldn’t sell?
Exactly the same here. And most people around us seemed to have paper tickets which I assume means corporate or giveaways.

You enter your barcode under 'Club Members & Public Reserve' and get to the next screen. When you go to the drop down menu option for tickets, only two things appear from memory - discounted AFL member upgrade and infant. No option for a second adult non-AFL member ticket.

Alternatively if you don't put in a barcode, when you get to the next screen you can purchase 2+ GA tickets.

So for some reason they still give you the option of the upgrade, just not if you want to also simultaneously get a GA adult ticket...
Thanks for this, I'm trying to work out exactly what they have done to see if there is a way around it. When you entered your barcode and it only gave you the member upgrade and infant option I suspect it has redirected you back to the AFL Reserve - or was it definitely offering you a spot in the public reserve? Do you remember the seating it was offering, the public reserve would have had level 1 wing, level 1 goals etc where as the AFL Reserve options would be the usual level 1 open, level 1 undercover etc.

If they were definitely offering you a discounted/free spot in the public reserve then you could book a free seat for yourself and an infant, then buy your friend a separate cheap seat in the same part of the ground but then they just sit in the infant seat next to you. I won't get a chance to play around with this stuff until round 5 with our game against the Demons where I don't need to worry about getting a dud seat in the AFL members if I wait until the public sale.

So going off the email I got late last week it’s club support priority for Rd’s 3 & 4 then reverts back to normal from Rd 5 onwards.

Will.B.Worth.Da.Waite
TigerR

I am not sure if you are talking 2021 or 2019.
2021 I found it doesn't work at all.
In 2019 you could book a GA seat with AFL membership, paying the usual $9 booking fee. Just select GA, enter barcodes and continue. I can't remember options, but I am talking MCG. Your level 1 goal etc comments sounds like Docklands but being a Tigers supporter I haven't much experience there.

I am not sure if you are talking 2021 or 2019.
2021 I found it doesn't work at all.
In 2019 you could book a GA seat with AFL membership, paying the usual $9 booking fee. Just select GA, enter barcodes and continue. I can't remember options, but I am talking MCG. Your level 1 goal etc comments sounds like Docklands but being a Tigers supporter I haven't much experience there.
Thanks, yep I meant 2021.
I hope they start allowing it otherwise it makes things quite inconvenient for those who want to sit with non AFL members.
Did you try it in round 1 for the Tigers home game?
I know clubs are allowing their members to do it for home games, I got an email from Hawks saying if you want to come with non members then wait for the public on sale then enter your barcode and you still get the discounted/free seat. In theory this should mean that AFL members should also be able to do it for their club of support home games. I can understand that they might not allow it for away/neutral games, but it doesn't make sense to not allow it for your club of support home games when the club allows it for their own members.

I want to go to good friday game with a non dogs afl member. Being a competing club member myself will I be safe to wait till after 11am tomorrow so we can sit together?
The table I posted 5 pages back shows about 3300 AFL Members between the 2 clubs. It's from 8 or 9 years ago but is still a reasonable indication of numbers.
AFL said the Marvel AFL Member capacity is now 4500 so in theory you should be right as long as you get in right at 11am, you might miss out on level 1 though. But who knows, I never really trust the numbers they publish for Marvel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, yep I meant 2021.
I hope they start allowing it otherwise it makes things quite inconvenient for those who want to sit with non AFL members.
Did you try it in round 1 for the Tigers home game?
I know clubs are allowing their members to do it for home games, I got an email from Hawks saying if you want to come with non members then wait for the public on sale then enter your barcode and you still get the discounted/free seat. In theory this should mean that AFL members should also be able to do it for their club of support home games. I can understand that they might not allow it for away/neutral games, but it doesn't make sense to not allow it for your club of support home games when the club allows it for their own members.
No I haven't tried for a Richmond game.

Have you got your tickets for Tigers V Swans yet? If not getting today can you test it out during the public on sale tomorrow?
First chance I will get to try it for a home game without fear of missing out on a decent seat is round 5.
I am not using my AFL membership for this week, so yes I will test it out.

What am i doing wrong???

So decided to try and get seat in public for myself as i have in the past
put barcode in , next
next screen there is a drop down for junior , but no upgrade adult option
if i select junior i can buy one seat for junior..
if i dont select junior i see no way to buy a seat for myself..

Ahhh never mind looks like they are not allowing this by previous posts

will justh ave to wait for them to release more top deck seats in afl members

Last edited:
What am i doing wrong???

put barcode in , next

i must be doing something wrong..
Are you an AFL Member trying to get a seat in the public part of the ground during the home club sale period?

See the last couple of pages of this thread, a couple of others have ran into the same problem the last 2 weeks but not 100% sure if it is not working or maybe there is a trick to it. Some have tried it during the public sale period the next day in an attempt to sit with non members and/or club members in the public part of the ground but it wouldn't let them.

What happens? You select 'Club Members and Public Reserve' on front screen, enter barcode and click on 'unlock tickets'? Then there is no option for you to go further?

What am i doing wrong???

put barcode in , next

Ahhh never mind looks like they are not allowing this by previous posts

will justh ave to wait for them to release more top deck seats in afl members
AFL members have to buy in the AFL reserve.

It could also be that your AFL membership is priority 2/3 for Richmond, so I'd try again with that later this arvo.

Are you an AFL Member trying to get a seat in the public part of the ground during the home club sale period?

See the last couple of pages of this thread, a couple of others have ran into the same problem the last 2 weeks but not 100% sure if it is not working or maybe there is a trick to it. Some have tried it during the public sale period the next day in an attempt to sit with non members and/or club members in the public part of the ground but it wouldn't let them.

What happens? You select 'Club Members and Public Reserve' on front screen, enter barcode and click on 'unlock tickets'? Then there is no option for you to go further?
yeah pretty much
i will just sit in the afl members as normal i guess , disappointing though

Have you got your tickets for Tigers V Swans yet? If not getting today can you test it out during the public on sale tomorrow?
First chance I will get to try it for a home game without fear of missing out on a decent seat is round 5.
Ok - at this stage (open to AFL members and Richmond members) I can get GA reserved seats (no charge and no service fee either) with an AFL membership and can also sit with another Richmond member. N12 Row A too, so nice seats. No additional infant seats offered.

Ok - at this stage (open to AFL members and Richmond members) I can get GA reserved seats (no charge and no service fee either) with an AFL membership and can also sit with another Richmond member. N12 Row A too, so nice seats. No additional infant seats offered.
So that works. It's currently only Richmond priority 1 members with access, I would have expected that if it did work then it would be during Richmond priority 3 and public tomorrow and that it would only be free if it was a GA type seat on level 4 not a premium seat. Do you have some sort of add on membership with the Tigers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back