Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Ticketek different to ticketmaster ... seems like more effort than I should have to be doing.. but its the era we live in.

4 tickets N53... seemed to work ok

So Ticketek sends out SMS ?... I am so glad tech was made to make our life simple and easy..
I got an email with a link to each ticket, then screenshotted it and set it to each person. SMS never came thru.

FootyNoobie

Debutant
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
No L4 seating? :( :huh:

Seems like the only "general reserved" seats are on level 1 directly behind the goals.. which is like my least preferred place of sitting, ugh. Would much prefer to be up in the nosebleeds.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
When do General Public tickets go on sale? Some shenanigans with my membership mean I don't think I've got a barcode this year :mad:

EDIT: Tomorrow at 1pm

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d check your emails, one of the ones from Geelong let’s you click on a link to gain access to your barcode number

I'l give that a whirl. When I logged in to the members portal, it just said "Your barcode is:" and then had a blank space. Might be that my membership doesn't have game access for some reason. I'll check at the membership tent

FootyNoobie

Debutant
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I'l give that a whirl. When I logged in to the members portal, it just said "Your barcode is:" and then had a blank space. Might be that my membership doesn't have game access for some reason. I'll check at the membership tent

When did you renew? It took 24 hours after renewing for mine to appear, but they were able to give me the barcodes over the phone when I rang.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't get an SMS from Ticketek even though that's what they said

Ticketmaster did seem easier last week

I ordered six tickets and got four texts with four tickets out of the 6, so missing two. I then just downloaded the Ticketek app, downloaded the tickets into my wallet on the Iphone, then clicked 'share' to forward the remaining tickets to my 3 friends via text message. I was quite surprised how easy and straight forward it was. But yeah, I didn't get all the tickets via text

I ordered six tickets and got four texts with four tickets out of the 6, so missing two. I then just downloaded the Ticketek app, downloaded the tickets into my wallet on the Iphone, then clicked 'share' to forward the remaining tickets to my 3 friends via text message. I was quite surprised how easy and straight forward it was. But yeah, I didn't get all the tickets via text
I downloaded the Ticketek app last night thinking that would probably be the easiest option, and as you did I added my ticket to me iPhone wallet as I find that the easiest option for retrieving the ticket on match day

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I downloaded the Ticketek app last night thinking that would probably be the easiest option, and as you did I added my ticket to me iPhone wallet as I find that the easiest option for retrieving the ticket on match day

It's funny you mention that, I actually got the idea from you about the wallet thing when you mentioned it on here prior to the Brisbane game. So thank you! I like that the wallet isn't reliant on the internet, and the tickets can easily be retrieved and displayed in the event the phone can't access the internet.

You can just print your ticket yeah and scan that
Not sure, you may need to contact the MCG to find out, as the following is taken from the MCG website in regards to AFL ticketing & entry requirements:

TICKET CONDITIONS
1. You agree not to re-sell or offer to re-sell any tickets to the Matches played, or events and functions held, at the Venue at a premium or to use any of them for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including, without limitation, competitions) without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League. If a ticket is sold or used or suspected to have been sold or used in contravention of this condition the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission to the Venue.

2. Only mobile tickets will be available for Matches, events and functions at the Venue. You will be required to show Your ticket barcode on your mobile phone on entry to the Venue. If You purchase tickets for a group, ensure every adult has been forwarded and downloaded their ticket onto their mobile prior to entry to the Venue.

And then looking at various club websites - Hawthorn & Essendon came up when searching about printing tickets, all say the following;

Additional Information about the ticket redemption period
  • Please note tickets will be allocated on a first in, first served basis.
  • Tickets are mobile only. Members will receive an SMS and Email from Ticketek with their ticket/s for the game. We recommend members to download the Ticketek app for easy access or you can save your ticket/s to your mobile wallet. Ensure your phone is charged on game day as you will need this to scan your ticket. Tickets cannot be printed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back