briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Some feel the cold more than others and it's pretty nippy down there compared to Brisbane. Perhaps another reason he moved from Adelaide to Brisbane
Tell me about it.

I will sweat at 16 degrees, if I’m going for a walk during winter, while my wife likes setting the aircon to 27 degrees in summer.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I get my air con down as cold as possible - 16 degrees.
My wife looks at the temperature for the day every morning, and if it’s 25 or below, wants to dress our daughter in long pants and long sleeve shirt.

It appears our daughter has inherited her dads physiology at least, and doesn’t appear to feel the cool as much as mum.

My wife looks at the temperature for the day every morning, and if it’s 25 or below, wants to dress our daughter in long pants and long sleeve shirt.

It appears our daughter has inherited her dads physiology at least, and doesn’t appear to feel the cool as much as mum.

I remember growing up that if mother or grandmother felt cold then *you* were cold. I ended up having to get them to feel how warm my arm was and then stick my heels in anyway.

Eventually I think they just decided I was an alien!

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Port Adelaide are trying to bring back their traditional bar guernsey in Showdowns. Maybe we could institute a similar thing by wearing a Bears guernsey against Gold Coast and a Roys guernsey against Collingwood?
I like it but is the Bears and Suns colours a bit too similar? Works if they wear white at our home, but can we wear it away to them?

Read this and weep

One of the greatest talents

And a tidbit about our history

The end of the line was the 1992 Brisbane Bears, who promised little and left Owen to his own devices. In the last years of players holding down day jobs, Owen became one of 35 unemployed men on the Bears' 52-man list, living in a drug-filled share house and riding a BMX to training. He eked out his last nine games in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
It makes my blood boil, reading that. And it makes me even angrier that there are STILL people in this world who don't want to hear anything about it. How this was ever considered acceptable is beyond me.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
It makes my blood boil, reading that. And it makes me even angrier that there are STILL people in this world who don't want to hear anything about it. How this was ever considered acceptable is beyond me.
There's plenty of it still going on as well.... and still media/politicians don't want to hear about it, child sexual exploitation should be the biggest story in the world, I posted a little about it in The Den.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Men Play Dogs at 1.35pm Saturday 10/4/21
Ladies play Pies in prelim final Saturday 10/4/21 at 4.10 pm Tickets $10 children free
Can't do both unless you live near the Gabba
I imagine their will be a small crowd at the ground for the game
Will just have to watch both on TV.
And a teleportation device, one is in Vic and the other in Qld

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And a teleportation device, one is in Vic and the other in Qld
Star Trek is real
Yes i did mean watch the men on TV then get to the ground for the ladies final for those living close to Gabba.
They may play the men's game on the big screen at the Gabba
Depending when they open the gates for a very small crowd. Possibly 1 hour before game.
So you would only see part of that game and miss the end

Last edited:
I think Hugh McCluggage will be top 10 in the Brownlow and is set to go another level this year.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

It's a little worrying if Dixon is right, given he specifically named Jarryd Lyons as someone who could be caught out by the way the game is heading. But maybe he's got more strings to his bow, after all he did play pretty impressively against Collingwood.

It's also funny that the Fox Sports homepage referred to Ben Dixon as a "former AFL great", just like calling everyone who has ever made an AFL list a "star".

It's a little worrying if Dixon is right, given he specifically named Jarryd Lyons as someone who could be caught out by the way the game is heading. But maybe he's got more strings to his bow, after all he did play pretty impressively against Collingwood.

It's also funny that the Fox Sports homepage referred to Ben Dixon as a "former AFL great", just like calling everyone who has ever made an AFL list a "star".

Ben Dixon is a former AFL player. And then if you make it into the media, by definition they consider you great. :p

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

The Sydney V Richmond game was a showcase into the future of the AFL. Lyons is a terrific midfielder, but he wouldn't have made that Sydney squad on sunday because his style doesn't suit what Sydney are doing. It suits what we are doing right now, but whose to say Fagan doesn't change it in the future? Because the way we play has to evolve or else we'll fall behind again.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Sydney V Richmond game was a showcase into the future of the AFL. Lyons is a terrific midfielder, but he wouldn't have made that Sydney squad on sunday because his style doesn't suit what Sydney are doing. It suits what we are doing right now, but whose to say Fagan doesn't change it in the future? Because the way we play has to evolve or else we'll fall behind again.

Josh Kennedy made the squad on the weekend. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back