Women's cricket in 2021 (now playing: Zim v Ire)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
No one seemed to be able to get out of 1st gear in that innings.

Australia got off to a pretty good start with Mooney and Lanning batting us into a decent position. I would have swapped Haynes for Gardner, giving Gardner more time to bat herself in and it's replacing a right-hander with another righty. May have cost 10-15 runs in the end.

I’ll say it again our order is complete rubbish. Why Perry is in our t20 side to bat at 6 when she ain’t bowling...

Laura Kimmice should be in that side!
Are you serious? Laura Kimmice isn't in the squad and for good reason, she isn't particularly good.

Are you serious? Laura Kimmice isn't in the squad and for good reason, she isn't particularly good.

She is better coming in with 5 overs to go than Perry! All Perry will do is crab along at run a ball. We need more than one hitter especially with our fascination of Healy opening

She is better coming in with 5 overs to go than Perry! All Perry will do is crab along at run a ball. We need more than one hitter especially with our fascination of Healy opening
She didn't Sunday night, struck at about 150-160. She only had a couple of balls to face anyway.

She didn't Sunday night, struck at about 150-160. She only had a couple of balls to face anyway.

Great....Kimmice goes at 200+ when she goes off and you don’t need her coming off every time when you have Johannisen, Carey, even Whareham down the order. Perry at 6 is a waste. Either open with her (which would be my preference) or get a hitter in

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Schutt seemed to miss her length by a fair way at the back end of that over.

Great....Kimmice goes at 200+ when she goes off and you don’t need her coming off every time when you have Johannisen, Carey, even Whareham down the order. Perry at 6 is a waste. Either open with her (which would be my preference) or get a hitter in
Perry as opener is fine in a domestic comp, but when you have players like Healy, Mooney and Lanning your thought is to put in Perry as opener. Thank God your not a selector.

Perry as opener is fine in a domestic comp, but when you have players like Healy, Mooney and Lanning your thought is to put in Perry as opener. Thank God your not a selector.

I would rather Healy in the middle order. Barely done anything since the WC. If Perry is not opening get a genuine hitter in.

Carey bowling at the death thanks for the laugh Meg!

I would rather Healy in the middle order. Barely done anything since the WC. If Perry is not opening get a genuine hitter in.

Carey bowling at the death thanks for the laugh Meg!
Leave the top five as they are. I think Sutherland, if she wasn't injured, would have been in at the expense of Perry or Carey and batted at 6.

Darlington>>>>>>>>Carey
Agree with you. I don't mind Carey, but we have better options coming through and Darlington is one of them. I hope she gets a game in third.

Leave the top five as they are. I think Sutherland, if she wasn't injured, would have been in at the expense of Perry or Carey and batted at 6.

Agree with you. I don't mind Carey, but we have better options coming through and Darlington is one of them. I hope she gets a game in third.

If the thinking is Carey at the death...Darlington is the best in the country in that role. Carey is lucky it wasn’t ended earlier literally bowled 1 ball in 5 where she should have!

There’s too many similar bats in our top 5. All Haynes, Lanning, Perry are too similar, even Beth takes 20-30 balls to start hitting. It’s why I’d replace one of those with a hitter, I’d go Kimmice but there’s a few options there. I actually don’t care if Kimmice only comes off 1 in 5. We have batting depth. Issue with our top 5 is they are too safe in the first 10 overs

They do, Healy and Gardner. Mooney and Lanning can also hit the ball when required.

Career Strike Rates
Meg Lanning 115.72
Alyssa Healy 130.67
Beth Mooney 122.52
Ashleigh Gardner 131.12
Rachel Haynes 117.48

Highest Scores in T20 Internationals.
1. Healy 148*. SR 242.62
2. Lanning 133*. SR 211.11
4. Lanning 126. SR 193.84
7. Mooney 117*. SR 167.14

Well you're both wrong (or both right, from the less hostile perspective). The top 6 are all very different. Perry is the world's best player in conditions like today's, and Mooney is the second best. Both should have opened with the benefit of hindsight. It would be easy to pick the batting order if you could accurately predict how the pitch is going to play every time.

I actually don’t care if KimmiNce only comes off 1 in 5.
Yes, when somebody fails four times in a row, you're always the poster on here preaching patience.

And, by the way, it would be 0 out of 5. Useless in the tough situations, and anybody batting below 4 for Australia doesn't get an opportunity on the flat tracks.

I think Sutherland, if she wasn't injured, would have been in at the expense of Perry or Carey and batted at 6.
Not sure what you're basing that on. Sutherland didn't get a T20I game last series even though there were more injuries in the squad.

Amelia Kerr robbed. Shocking decision just then.
I thought it was the right decision, the bail had been dislodged between the two frames and her bat appeared to be either still on the line or just over.

Last edited:

Sammo360

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
0.jpg
1.jpg

You can't make decisions based on what happens between frames.

Back