Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
$23 for an adult ticket at village. Two adults $46. (not sure if there's an online booking fee....probably!). Plus food or drink if youd like.

dont mind the idea of paying 20 or 30 though.
I can get Gold Class tickets for $20 through health insurance and then there’s tight ass Tuesday.

To me it feels a bit like when foxtel started, they had no ads, then they got ads, then they got pay per view movies, now it’s mostly garbage and ads.

Streaming used to be no ppv now it is, what shits me is we have everything (disney, Netflix, Amazon, stan) and somehow there is still stuff we can’t watch and stuff that costs a substantial amount extra.

Clearly I’m going to have to adapt and get with the times but it is frustrating.

I can get Gold Class tickets for $20 through health insurance and then there’s tight ass Tuesday.

To me it feels a bit like when foxtel started, they had no ads, then they got ads, then they got pay per view movies, now it’s mostly garbage and ads.

Streaming used to be no ppv now it is, what shits me is we have everything (disney, Netflix, Amazon, stan) and somehow there is still stuff we can’t watch and stuff that costs a substantial amount extra.

Clearly I’m going to have to adapt and get with the times but it is frustrating.

$20 for a gold class ticket? thats very good. Playing the devils advocate, add food and drink, you dont get change from $50? Plus the monthly charge for private health = MOAR! ;)

great point about foxtel. and spot on too.
when i go watch something on viceland online it starts with an ad. i just turn off.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
$20 for a gold class ticket? thats very good. Playing the devils advocate, add food and drink, you dont get change from $50? Plus the monthly charge for private health = MOAR! ;)

great point about foxtel. and spot on too.
when i go watch something on viceland online it starts with an ad. i just turn off.
Because it’s essentially the same as our standard ticket we often don’t get anything (food and drink) you do get the weird looks from the staff.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
They already did it with Mulan with ok success and that new animated one that is currently being done.
As I understood it, Mulan wasn’t really a success, it was the best they could do under the circumstances but below expectations. Also, with each new release, there’s a diminishing number of new subscribers they are likely to attract. Disney wouldn’t want to be doing this long term (which is why future releases still have a cinema release date).

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
As I understood it, Mulan wasn’t really a success, it was the best they could do under the circumstances but below expectations. Also, with each new release, there’s a diminishing number of new subscribers they are likely to attract. Disney wouldn’t want to be doing this long term (which is why future releases still have a cinema release date).
Gotta think the ideal model is some sort of hybrid.

4 week cinema run then on streaming.

I think my wheelhouse is $20. If it was $20 I wouldn’t bat an eyelid paying for it.

If it’s the same as it is to go to the cinema then Disney must be making BANK off it.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

I think my wheelhouse is $20. If it was $20 I wouldn’t bat an eyelid paying for it.

If it’s the same as it is to go to the cinema then Disney must be making BANK off it.

It'll probably run like what Warner Brothers have committed to. Every single cinematic release for this year will run through HBO Max in the USA concurrently with cinemas but next year there will be a 45 day exclusivity window.

That's some big releases this year including, as per an article found: The movies Warner Bros. is planning to release for now include: The Little Things, Judas and the Black Messiah, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla vs. Kong, Mortal Kombat, Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, In The Heights, Space Jam: A New Legacy, The Suicide Squad, Reminiscence, Malignant, Dune, The Many Saints of Newark, King Richard, Cry Macho, and Matrix 4.".

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
It'll probably run like what Warner Brothers have committed to. Every single cinematic release for this year will run through HBO Max in the USA concurrently with cinemas but next year there will be a 45 day exclusivity window.

That's some big releases this year including, as per an article found: The movies Warner Bros. is planning to release for now include: The Little Things, Judas and the Black Messiah, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla vs. Kong, Mortal Kombat, Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It, In The Heights, Space Jam: A New Legacy, The Suicide Squad, Reminiscence, Malignant, Dune, The Many Saints of Newark, King Richard, Cry Macho, and Matrix 4.".
Sorry for the stupid question but that’ll be a 45 day exclusivity window for the cinemas?

Feel the same, $20 is my laziness limit on downloading it.

I never get snacks

I'm there to watch a movie, not scoff down food. I outgrew eating while watching tv ages ago
Fair

I could never pat my head and rub my belly at the same time

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Sorry for the stupid question but that’ll be a 45 day exclusivity window for the cinemas?

Sorry, yeah. They're going straight to streaming this year only based on the projection of covid keeping people away from cinemas. Next year I imagine we all anticipate things will be relatively normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

Screw the times.

Streaming reached a point where it's value and convenience began to overtake piracy, and that's happened. It was less Pirate bay, more Netflix. Now if it's hit saturation point and people can and will go back to the old ways where nobody wins but the single mums in my area advertising their wares on torrent sites.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I went to the movies for both Infinity War and Endgame and had great experiences. Watching them at home on the couch in my PJs would not be the same.

You've gotta have a cinema run for films like these. It's what they're made for.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Russell Crowe is joining the Marvel universe according to multiple sources. He will appear in the next incarnation of Thor.

Crowe continues the age old tradition of crossing between Marvel and DC universes
I hope it's chunky IDGAF, Nice Guys Rusty in whatever role he's cast in

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back