Votes: 94 51.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Broad may be the one to make way for vlas unfort. Although if swans go with 3 tall forwards they might want to keep broad in as insurance
Surely you jest!

Broad was awesome, no way he gets dropped.

EDIT: Also probably untouchable in the best 22, very important to our structure.

Surely you jest!

Broad was awesome, no way he gets dropped.

EDIT: Also probably untouchable in the best 22, very important to our structure.
I agree that he has been playing well and would be very unlucky to get dropped but he is not untouchable - he is on the fringe of best 22. Vlas and Broad play a similar role and someone's gotta go. Broad has been the one to make way before

I agree that he has been playing well and would be very unlucky to get dropped but he is not untouchable - he is on the fringe of best 22. Vlas and Broad play a similar role and someone's gotta go. Broad has been the one to make way before
Can't see it. Especially with Balta chopping out in the ruck at times.

I think Broad may be the one to make way for vlas unfort. Although if swans go with 3 tall forwards they might want to keep broad in as insurance
It won't be Broad. He was our best defender last week and is easily in our best 22.

What about when hardwick picks ccj/Soldo?

Won’t make any difference. He had played on the side with 2 rucks and everyone on deck before. He gives our backline versatility because he has the ability to lockdown tall or small. When he was out of the team last year our backline looked unbalanced. No surprises we looked so much better when they put him back in. He won’t be getting dropped anytime soon

It won't be Broad. He was our best defender last week and is easily in our best 22.

Great player. But closer to bottom 6 than easy best 22.

Grimes.
Astbury.
Balta.
Vlastuin.
Houli.
Baker.
Short.

Who is he better than? Granted his speed bravery size etc. Compliments the back6 nicely

Won’t make any difference. He had played on the side with 2 rucks and everyone on deck before. He gives out backline versatility bale cause he has the ability to lockdown tall or small. When he was out of the team last year our backline looked unbalanced. No surprises we looked so much better when they put him back in. He won’t be getting dropped anytime soon

Got dropped and only came back in for Soldo injury iirc (probably wrong).

Ccj killing it and Soldo back sooner expected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player. But closer to bottom 6 than easy best 22.

Grimes.
Astbury.
Balta.
Vlastuin.
Houli.
Baker.
Short.

Who is he better than? Granted his speed bravery size etc. Compliments the back6 nicely
I think he's as important to the balance and structure of our backline every bit as Castagna and Rioli are to our forward line.

He may be bottom 6 but he's not in the last couple picked. I would say Aarts, Pickett, Caddy and McIntosh are all more replaceable than Broad.

I think he's as important to the balance and structure of our backline every bit as Castagna and Rioli are to our forward line.

He may be bottom 6 but he's not in the last couple picked. I would say Aarts, Pickett, Caddy and McIntosh are all more replaceable than Broad.

With the emergence of Balta there could be an argument that he is front of Astbury if they decide on the 2 rucks

Agree I think **** is a star. But you can only play 22 (23) and for structure reasons it makes you think what in dimmas notebooks.

Hardwick and committee has also surprised people in team selection last couple years at times.

Agree I think **** is a star. But you can only play 22 (23) and for structure reasons it makes you think what in dimmas notebooks.

Hardwick and committee has also surprised people in team selection last couple years at times.
Yeah unfortunately when you dont have a lot of injuries you sometimes have to make tough calls at selection - it sux because I love Broad as a player

Whatever they do - its going to be a tough call and someones going to be very unlucky. Just hope that whoever it is doesn't drop their bundle and go the saints or GC.

A couple of well timed injuries would probably help us as a club tbh - its worked in previous years - forced us to keep some players fresh for the finals and created opportunity to blood some younger players. As long as we bank enough Ws along the way to get top 4.. IIRC we had no virtually injuries in 2018 and it ended fking us up

That would most likely depend on how many tall forwards the opposition have.

Absolutely horses for courses but Astbury going into the ruck shows against certain opponents we can manage without him

I do think that the backline is the least likely area of our team that they'll mess around with.

Broad is now what Grimes was before he turned into the best defender in the game: durable, tough, quick, smart and extremely hard to beat one on one.

The problem is we can’t afford to carry an 8 man backline when Soldo/CCJ are back. The only reason Broad got back into the side at the end of last season (semi/prelim/gf) is because Soldo went down and Chol wasn’t up to it, so we brought Broad back in to allow Astbury/Balta to chop out Nank. IMO Dimma likes to play the second ruck if he can which means one of the defenders has to go to allow the bench spot to go to the second ruck.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t want Broad out but who else takes the hit?

Astbury
Balta
Grimes
Vlaustin
Short
Baker
Houli
Broad

Maybe it’s Houli that doesn’t come back in unless there’s an injury to Short or Baker 🤷‍♂️ Or is it Baker that’s out?

It’s difficult.

Riewoldt-Lynch-Castagna
Rioli-Martin-Lambert
Nank-Prestia-Cotchin
McIntosh-Bolton-Caddy/Pickett
Short-Vlaustin-Baker
Grimes-Balta-Astbury

Bench: Edwards, Graham, spot 1, spot 2

Who gets the last 2 spots?
Aarts/Broad/Houli/Pickett or Caddy/2nd Ruck/Ross

If it was my choice and everybody was healthy I’d go:

McIntosh-Bolton-Pickett
Short-Vlaustin-Baker
Grimes-Balta-Astbury

Bench: Edwards, Graham, Soldo, Broad

Leaving Caddy, Houli, Aarts, Ross to fight it out for the emergency spot.

Absolutely horses for courses but Astbury going into the ruck shows against certain opponents we can manage without him
Yeah it does and they probably want to see what the backline looks like without Dave.

I never liked seeing him in the ruck though.

Back