Win Prizes Game Previews Are Back - Congratulations Square Peg!!!

Which Game Preview do you think is the best one?

• Yeti - Attack Of The Giants

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Piggy Smalls - The BigFooty Live and Exclusive Pre-Match Show

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Square Peg - Is It Too Early To Drink?

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • dockerfemme - The Most Boring Preview Of The Year

• BarbieITFC - Everybody Hates Collingwood

• Megalon - The Karen From Karlton Kup

Votes: 2 16.7%

Yep, corn and capsicum salsa as well. What sauces you got?
Corn and what now?

Yeah nah.

carell door.gif

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Haaaang on, round 18 is Geevegas at home, round 19 is Sydney away.

Which one would the proboscis like?
Just a sly test to make sure that our new whizz bang shiny mod wasn't running no lightweight thrown together after school raffle contest. Glad you are actually checking up on everyone!! Pass the tongs, Tonga...

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Excellent! So glad these are back. 😁😁

I'll take round 14.

...No, really - I mean it.

I'll take the bye. Already got something in mind.....
Meanwhile, in SA...

Can I take round 23 as well?
Sure, why not?

*bell ringing noises*

HEAR YE HEAR YE HEAR YE! I have a new proclamation for you all.

I am opening up game previews to those who have already picked a round. Don't get greedy and request all remaining rounds, and if someone fresh comes in wanting to do a preview and there's no free rounds then I will redistribute from somebody that has already had a crack, provided it's more than two weeks in advance.

PurpleReign95

Feb 22, 2016
Write a game preview for me please Duck.

Sorry Tonga Bob
Wish i could but my writing skills are poor at best!

Just a quick one i think we are in big trouble
GWS play us well, we have literally 23 fit players and our fwd line is f##ked
but in saying that, i reckon we are a sniff if......
Cox and Ryan play well
Mids dominate
Fyfe plays fwd and kicks a bag
pretty simple analysis but thats all i got atm

Sorry Tonga Bob
Wish i could but my writing skills are poor at best!

Just a quick one i think we are in big trouble
GWS play us well, we have literally 23 fit players and our fwd line is f##ked
but in saying that, i reckon we are a sniff if......
Cox and Ryan play well
Mids dominate
Fyfe plays fwd and kicks a bag
pretty simple analysis but thats all i got atm

IMG_1545.JPG

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
Sure, why not?

*bell ringing noises*

HEAR YE HEAR YE HEAR YE! I have a new proclamation for you all.

I am opening up game previews to those who have already picked a round. Don't get greedy and request all remaining rounds, and if someone fresh comes in wanting to do a preview and there's no free rounds then I will redistribute from somebody that has already had a crack, provided it's more than two weeks in advance.

Ahhh bugger it... in for a penny, in for a pounding.

Gimme round 22 as well - last Darby of the year.

Should be able to have some fun with that 😁😁😁😁

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
South Fremantle, Hull City
View attachment 1064239
Hi all,

I'll ask you to cast your minds back to 2017.

It was a simpler time back then. Travel was a thing, border closures weren't. There was no Covid and no covfefe, while closer to home the Great Purple Reset had begun. A young Nathan Fyfe assumed captaincy of a club that was Pavlichless for the first time this century. We farewelled a Tarago full of heart-and-soul players while welcoming Messers McCarthy, Hill the younger, Hamling, Kersten, Logue, Darcy, Cox and Ryan to the club.

It was also in 2017 when the reigning moderator Righteo started up the first Fremantle board Game Previews thread, where he invited the board to get creative and write up previews for Freo games for that season. In a tightly-run contest it was Arcassius who came away with the victory for this double-ended Derby preview, and was appointed Fremantle Poster of the Year for his efforts.

The next couple of season saw the thread become an incubator for Champagne Sh*tposting, as many of us tried our hand at posting game previews. The 2018 version saw more sterling efforts, and in the end some campaigner won by ripping off Edgar Allan Poe; while the tradition continued in 2019 as the board continued to give great effort in their game previews before noted media mogul TheInjuryFactory saluted with his piece entitled "The Mayne Event".

Then 2020 happened.

A void descended over the land. The tradition was broken, despite the rise in the gig economy the crowdsourced game previews did not occur, and there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth across the Freo board.

But rejoice my loyal subjects! My first decree as your new overlord trainee mod is to bring back this much-loved part of the AFL season here on the Freo board! As as result I’m officially calling for nominations for people to provide us with previews of Fremantle games for the 2021 season. The criteria (also known as The Four Commandments) as decreed by Righteo during his time as Preview Convener is as follows:
  • Reply to this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early, and I will update the below fixture accordingly;
  • There is no criteria to sign up apart from being a Freo board poster, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me or one of proper mods (Snuffaluphagus & BeinPurplenGreen) know and we will probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement;
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either;
  • This is a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet) will join Arcassius, TheInjuryFactory and I as official Fremantle Posters of the Year, and will receive a shiny badge that looks like this: View attachment 1064214. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! The steak knives thrown in for the winner is a year's Premium Membership to BigFooty, with thanks to our generous benefactor Chief.
The games up for offer to preview are as follows (note that this fixture is up to date as of now, but as we saw last year things could change pretty quickly so there may need to be a bit of flexibility):

Round 1 vs Melbourne @ away DockerDen5215

Round 2 vs GWS @ home Yeti

Round 3 vs Carlton @ away Megalon

Round 4 vs Hawthorn @ home Square Peg

Round 5 vs Adelaide @ away dockerfemme

Round 6 vs North Melbourne @ home Snuffaluphagus

Round 7 vs WCE @ away Piggy Smalls

Round 8 vs Brisbane @ home

Round 9 vs Essendon @ away

Round 10 vs Sydney @ home

Round 11 vs Port Adelaide @ away

Round 12 vs Western Bulldogs @ home

Round 13 vs Gold Coast @ home

Round 14 vs bye Gekko71

Round 15 vs Collingwood @ away

Round 16 vs Carlton @ home

Round 17 vs Tasmania Hawthorn @ away Bastyy

Round 18 vs Geelong @ home

Round 19 vs Sydney @ away BeinPurplenGreen

Round 20 vs Richmond @ home

Round 21 vs Brisbane @ away DragoDelph

Round 22 vs WCE @ home Gekko71

Round 23 vs St Kilda @ away Yeti

Do you have what it takes to have your head added to the busts of Arcassius, TheInjuryFactory & yours truly atop Mt Postmore?

View attachment 1064229

If you do then pick your round, get your thinking cap on, chuck some stuff at the screen and who knows what may happen. Let's goooooooooooo!!!!!

At risk of being depressed I'll take a crack at Round 16 vs Carlton

Special Guest Appearance
game preview guest header.png

Happy Monday everyone! Trust you had a good weekend. Our lads' performance in Radelaide certainly helped which, as the locals would describe it, was "heaps good".

Anyhoo, this is just a quick note to say that there's only a limited number of games available to preview for season 2021. And to drum up support I've enlisted a special guest - none other than former coach and TheInjuryFactory lookalike Ross Lyon!

How are you today Ro- wait I've been handed a note.

1618788206560.png

Holy crap you guys, that's certainly put the kibosh on my special guest appearance. If only there was some way for me to get Ross to tell us how many games are still open to preview without him actually saying anything...

ross 4.gif
Bless you Ross you beautiful, misunderstood, jealously coveted, overpriced media personality!

So there you go punters, straight from the boss' mouth hand. Get in quick to secure a game to preview for your chance to hone your wordsmithery, impress your friends and possibly become this years Freo Poster of the Year!