Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

What's done is done. Let's just hope it's not as bad as some are worrying it is.

And even if it is bad I'm sure he'll rehab it as professionally as anyone could and give himself the best chance of making it back on his path to being a star.

More responding to the fact you've said we've avoided ACL's.

Also that's a long injury list, but I'd probably prefer one like that than names like Sicily, Gunners, Day long term and Wingard.
Don’t understand why you’re being a tosser about this, but sure here’s an example of what we’ve avoided:

Gold Coast are currently missing 3 players with ACL injuries - Rory Thompson, Matt Conroy, Zac Smith. Added to this Elijah Hollands is still recovering from an ACL tear pre-draft, and Matt Rowell is also out indefinitely with a knee injury.

1 per year is probably league average.

So much more frustrating that it was caused by a talentless hack like Caddy... offers nothing, then robs the game of an emerging star. He should be ashamed.
And the fact Caddy has two premiership medallions is something I just can't get my head around.
Wonders never cease.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Terrible luck and news for the club today.

In what is going to be a slog of a year or two ahead for the club our two brightest stars both injured on the same day.

I suspect Day won’t play again this season. “Meeting with the surgeon to work out course of treatment” is not a prognosis anyone wants to hear especially a young kid.

DGB could be anywhere from 4-12 weeks based on what is being reported.

Just watched it again hoping to at least get a villain out of the incident.
Watch not long beforehand - this ictmond tactic of dragging players to ground at every opportunity to stop run and overlap to hold up the play is causing injuries, because the players are not expecting to be slammed/twisted into the turf, when a lot of the time they don't even have the ball.

They are dirty bastards because it's cheap coward shots from behind. I have no doubt he first injured it when scagged and dragged down not long beforehand in a marking contest.

The throwdogs eventually got called on their s**t it's about time these cowards are as well, regardless of Days injury.

Don’t understand why you’re being a tosser about this, but sure here’s an example of what we’ve avoided:

Gold Coast are currently missing 3 players with ACL injuries - Rory Thompson, Matt Conroy, Zac Smith. Added to this Elijah Hollands is still recovering from an ACL tear pre-draft, and Matt Rowell is also out indefinitely with a knee injury.

1 per year is probably league average.

That I agree with, it's who the ACL falls too that also plays a part when discussing luck, is it a top 6 or 7 player on the list or no 35.

Anyways it is what it is.

His injury is his injury.

Scully’s injury was Scully’s injury.

People may need to stop themselves before they convince themselves that all injuries are the same across all people, because they’ve happened on the same part of the body.

Scully also had to be stretchered off with the morphine pen and a brace on his ankle.

Will ran off the ground.

Already looks more promising.

And the fact Caddy has two premiership medallions is something I just can't get my head around.
Wonders never cease.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I will never forget when Caddy called Howe a Fn Spas and was caught on the broadcast.

who does he think he is? White as Caspar the ghost with terrible rubbish ink up his legs trying to be some sort of enforcer.

Stinker of a bloke .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see what the surgeon says , a few way over the top reactions here imo.
Kid will be a star . Injuries happen , thats footy .
He is pro and will come back , whenever that is.

We do have other exciting kids to watch and invest our time in if he misses an extended time .
Hopefully its precaution and we see gim sooner than later .

I think one thing we all agree, it is our clubs dishonesty with injuries over time that makes us so scared. Sure we have fixed opposition players from other teams and we like 2 hang our hat on that but birch went north and suddenly his 1 week injury that lasted 2 tears disappeared so it does go both ways.

I pray 4 day, the injury was what it was at the time, but our club needs 2b more honest about them.

We once again put out its ok, 4-6 weeks max but might b much less, now we are in the surgeons hands. Just say you don't know we'll wait until the surgeon sees him. That is a far more honest and hawthorn like response.

Well it used 2 be a far more honest and hawthorn like response. Why that has changed i could guess, pontificate or go even more, but I'd prefer we'd just go back 2 the hawthorn I grew up with and be honest.

its always possible that injury recovery isnt linear and everybody's body responds and recovers differently on a day-to-day basis rather than us being some dark master strategists beguiling the competition by lying about possible return timeframes

but nah, that would be ridiculous

Regarding Day fine if they don't have a timeline at this point, but a little more info about the actual injury would be nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back