Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
A piece on Jordy. The more I read the less I empathise. Seems a conflicted very unhappy individual.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
A piece on Jordy. The more I read the less I empathise. Seems a conflicted very unhappy individual.

Too long and too many crappy pop up ads on that trashy site. Cliff notes pls.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
This is an evolutionary perspective.

The problem with Peterson is that he assumes the audience is intellectually educated with his disciplines. He doesn't consider the layperson.

He does consider the lay person. The sad and dopey lay person is who he makes his money off. You'd have to be pretty dumb to think there was any reason or intelligence in what he said.

He literally said nothing.

"I could be wrong" .... if only he showed some certainty at that point he could have saved himself and the rest of us some time.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He does consider the lay person. The sad and dopey lay person is who he makes his money off. You'd have to be pretty dumb to think there was any reason or intelligence in what he said.

He literally said nothing.

"I could be wrong" .... if only he showed some certainty at that point he could have saved himself and the rest of us some time.

I understand that you can't.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
I understand that you can't.

Are you a worshipper of the lord of the incells?

Since Michael Brooks passed Peterson's only worth as a basis for Brooks to riff on comedy and impressions no longer exists. It amazes me why a man who litterally says nothing "I'm just asking the question" ... "I could be wrong" ... "We don't know that women and men can work together".

He makes money off a few sad and lonely young men by giving some solid advice on cleaning your room. It is such a shame that he needs to pepper it wiht his throwback bigotry.

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
Yet to meet a leftist who can actually dissect anything Peterson has to say. Constantly just degenerative nonsense.

The same tired, old trope arguments about why 'he's wrong' or 'he's a bigot'. Positively regurgitated from their bullshit, link-riddled propaganda every single time.

You know who substitutes 'figuratively' for 'literally'?

*in' morons, that's who.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Yet to meet a leftist who can actually dissect anything Peterson has to say. Constantly just degenerative nonsense.

The same tired, old trope arguments about why 'he's wrong' or 'he's a bigot'. Positively regurgitated from their bullshit, link-riddled propaganda every single time.

You know who substitutes 'figuratively' for 'literally'?

fu**in' morons, that's who.

Leftist is a pretty bland title. I'm more of a Marxist/Anarchist/Environmentalist. After studying mathematics seriously and history recreationally they seem to be the most natural conclusions on how to build a stable and productive society.

I think Peterson is dissected regularly. One of the main criticisms of him is that he deliberately doesn't take a position on most things when being a bigot. What he does is "ask the question" or "I'm not actually saying that [insert questioning something that a bigot would] I'm just asking the question" when they are settled questions/conversations.

When does make definite statements about matters from history or politics they are easily dismissed. In fact, most of us just laugh at them. Claiming that "communism kills" etc. That certain minority groups don't fight an uphill battle etc.

Last edited:

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leftist is a pretty bland title. I'm more of a Marxist/Anarchist/Environmentalist. After studying mathematics seriously and history recreationally they seem to be the most natural conclusions on how to build a stable and productive society.

I think Peterson is dissected regularly. One of the main criticisms of him is that he deliberately doesn't take a position on most things when being a bigot. What he does is "ask the question" or "I'm not actually saying that [insert questioning something that a bigot would] I'm just asking the question" when they are settled questions/conversations.

When does make definite statements about matters from history or politics they are easily dismissed. In fact, most of us just laugh at them. Claiming that "communism kills" etc. That certain minority groups don't fight an uphill battle etc.
Great, so you understand the implication of Planck's Law on climate change then.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Are you a worshipper of the lord of the incells?

Since Michael Brooks passed Peterson's only worth as a basis for Brooks to riff on comedy and impressions no longer exists. It amazes me why a man who litterally says nothing "I'm just asking the question" ... "I could be wrong" ... "We don't know that women and men can work together".

He makes money off a few sad and lonely young men by giving some solid advice on cleaning your room. It is such a shame that he needs to pepper it wiht his throwback bigotry.

Anyone who reduces him to the predictable memes, shows that they lack the necessary intellect to understand him.

He was a Professor of psychology at Harvard well before complete ****wits utilised him to "DESTROY" the equally moronic targets of their political disdain via youtube clips.

You're just too stupid to know any better.

We should stick to getting our social guidance from deeply insecure, drug addicted, unhappy and constantly divorcing celebrities instead.
Bit of a false dichotomy.

And JP ticks three of those boxes anyway.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Great, so you understand the implication of Planck's Law on climate change then.

The Plank length is what makes me think this is a simulation. The pixels of nature. Not sure what it has to do with climate change (I will google though). Guessing you may be referring to statistical mechanics. However, we regards environment I know a diverse system is a robust system and monoculturing the natural world through feeding our over population through agriculture is not a good thing. I believe we should be enforcing high density living, industrial farming and rewilding as much of the world as possible. We're currently a long way into an extinction event that is 10-100 times more intense then the worst prior extinction event.

I also know that we've already put way too much CO2 into the atmosphere and think that the climate is not a linear system. It is a chaotic system that will find equilibrium points and we'll bump it off the one it has been sitting on for 12k years. This combined with the stress we've put most ecological systems under already ... not good for the current state of affairs.

It is a shame you can read history a million years from now because the sort of life that evolves in the carbon rich atmosphere we're creating will be very interesting. Obviously not ideal for large mammals, nor an ape wanting to farm the world and have a population in the billions.

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Plank length is what makes me think this is a simulation. The pixels of nature. Not sure what it has to do with climate change (I will google though). Guessing you may be referring to statistical mechanics. However, we regards environment I know a diverse system is a robust system and monoculturing the natural world through feeding our over population through agriculture is not a good thing. I believe we should be enforcing high density living, industrial farming and rewilding as much of the world as possible. We're currently a long way into an extinction event that is 10-100 times more intense then the worst prior extinction event.

I also know that we've already put way too much CO2 into the atmosphere and think that the climate is not a linear system. It is a chaotic system that will find equilibrium points and we'll bump it off the one it has been sitting on for 12k years. This combined with the stress we've put most ecological systems under already ... not good for the current state of affairs.

It is a shame you can read history a million years from now because the sort of life that evolves in the carbon rich atmosphere we're creating will be very interesting. Obviously not ideal for large mammals, nor an ape wanting to farm the world and have a population in the billions.
Wow, would you like some strawberries with your waffle?

Some mathematician.

I don’t quite get it?
It seems from my perspective that the self admitted flaws are discussed in a dismissive manner with Peterson, meanwhile the virtue signalling, grandstanding and social advice dished out by other public figures in the other tent is lauded without considering their very real, active and pervasive own issues.

It's like nobody holds you more to the ideals they think you should have than those who disagree with you, which I think shows how uninterested people actually are in that at all.

It's used as a means to end the conversation and probably rightly so, I don't think society has come to grips with how miserable it is now, self medicating with various distractions, drugs and self destructive behavior - let alone where it will be misery wise down the track.

I expect if you turn on the news most of the stories running that evening will be about bad things that happened, perhaps one light hearted cat out of a tree at the end, but most will be the negative.

That's the easy story to write, it's the natural progression for a hungry journalism desk. It also trains us to expect the world is full of bad things, violent crime is worse, home invasions are on the up, you never heard about this before blah blah blah.

If we pause for a moment to consider anything about personal responsibility or cultural values we might realise how deep of a hole we are in.

Back