List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will package up those picks and go whack for a targeted 200 game gun in the Top10. Quality not quantity this time.
I don’t think we’ll go that path Mate. If Blair and co rate a draft, they trade into it, and if not, they trade out. Been to presentations and that’s what I learnt from them.
Last year they obviously didn’t rate as we traded out of it and the fact we now hold 6 selections in the first three rounds tells me they rate this years group. I think we will hit the draft hard this year.

I don’t think we’ll go that path Mate. If Blair and co rate a draft, they trade into it, and if not, they trade out. Been to presentations and that’s what I learnt from them.
Last year they obviously didn’t rate as we traded out of it and the fact we now hold 6 selections in the first three rounds tells me they rate this years group. I think we will hit the draft hard this year.

You could understand if they traded the picks for a big fish.

Given how open the window is currently..

Another bunch of highly rated kids would be great but adding an A grader looks tempting

You could understand if they traded the picks for a big fish.

Given how open the window is currently..

Another bunch of highly rated kids would be great but adding an A grader looks tempting
Under existing conditions , We won’t go that path , we can’t find a spot for 6 good young kids coming thru let alone putting up a further road block. I foresee prob only 4-5 list changes and quite likely we defer a r1 or 2 or both for next year

Under existing conditions , We won’t go that path , we can’t find a spot for 6 good young kids coming thru let alone putting up a further road block. I foresee prob only 4-5 list changes and quite likely we defer a r1 or 2 or both for next year

They were rumored to be wanting crouch at around 500k

At this stage anything could happen?

Given the tigers have so many good-old players it wouldn't shock me if they went after another top liner to chase more short-mid term success

While it's fun to talk about who we should target, reality is salary cap is a big issue.
We need role players playing for average and under wages while the big dollars get spent on outright stars.
Rucks, small pressure forwards, wings, 3rd & 4th onballers, most defenders are where we aren't paying huge dollars and (arguably) can be replaced by others reasonably easily.

In my mind, the most important positions that need class and need replacements at some stage:

#1 Onballer - Cotchin - JG as replacement?
#2 Onballer - Prestia - Jack Ross as replacement?
Class Midfielder/flanker/utility - Edwards - Bolton as replacement
#1 KPF Lynch - CCJ as replacement?
#2 KPF Jack R - replaced by ???
#1 KPD - Rance - replaced by Balta
Rebounding defender - Houli - replaced by Short, Baker, Mansell?, Egg?
Mid-sized interceptors? - We've been spoilt by having Grimes & Vlas in the team - Is this is a luxury or an absolute must have a star in the position?
Absolute Beast forward/ midfielder - Dusty - irreplacable

I don't want to undervalue the other players and their importance to our team, but the fact that we've picked up players like Broad, Pickett, Castagna, Soldo, Lambert, Aarts late in the draft or in the rookie draft suggests that we could always find cheap replacements if we had to.

If Kelly is working 800 a year my boss should be paying me 500 . He’s less valuable to Richmond than george is , there I said it
The only player that maybe gettable outside Kelly that I'd jump at is Dunkley.
Both in the ideal Cotch replacement category.

People are really underrating Josh Kelly here due to Gee Wiz being so crap and players no longer caring
In a team like Richmond Kelly's inside/outside game combined with his running ability and kicking would be amazing. (whitfield is another)

$800k x 5 years - I would jump at that and happy to get rid of a couple like McIntosh/Caddy with McIntosh possibly looking at better offers at free agency time similar to Ellis situation
Said it before.Im ok with some of our dual premiership players to explore their options.

wouldn't pass the richmond-man test along with every other player at the giants

no chance we get him
We turned Dusty around from a chop stick terrorist too a gun.😁

They were rumored to be wanting crouch at around 500k

At this stage anything could happen?

Given the tigers have so many good-old players it wouldn't shock me if they went after another top liner to chase more short-mid term success
Strike why the irons hot.

While it's fun to talk about who we should target, reality is salary cap is a big issue.
We need role players playing for average and under wages while the big dollars get spent on outright stars.
Rucks, small pressure forwards, wings, 3rd & 4th onballers, most defenders are where we aren't paying huge dollars and (arguably) can be replaced by others reasonably easily.

In my mind, the most important positions that need class and need replacements at some stage:

Mid-sized interceptors? - We've been spoilt by having Grimes & Vlas in the team - Is this is a luxury or an absolute must have a star in the position?

I don't want to undervalue the other players and their importance to our team, but the fact that we've picked up players like Broad, Pickett, Castagna, Soldo, Lambert, Aarts late in the draft or in the rookie draft suggests that we could always find cheap replacements if we had to.

If salary cap is such a pressing issue why were the tigers rumored to be interested in crouch. Treloar. Hogan?

And a ruck during the trade period. (Eventually drafting rucks) I assume they know what they are doing. Unlike the pies.

There is lots of cash going to open up sooner rather than later; rance. Edwards. Houli etc. Other older blokes that wanna hang around might take minimum deals? Jack

Last edited:
The only player that maybe gettable outside Kelly that I'd jump at is Dunkley.
Both in the ideal Cotch replacement category.

Chimp is irreplaceable but when the sad day comes, a player of the caliber of dunkley/cripps/kelly would be fitting. Maybe unrealistic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive seen jack Ross first early senior games and I’ve seen Tom green , I’ll back Ross.
Not so sure I would pre stand mark rule but as of now any big bodied mid who hasn't got another string to his bow is in trouble.
Both Green & Ross are in trouble imo.

Himmelberg is signed until the end of 2023 and everybody including myself who are fans are wanting him as a free agent when he is out of contract not before and having to trade for him. Most people want us to use our draft picks on young talent to replenish our KPP stocks/

Himmelberg will be 26 years old then and Jack will be finished and Lynch 30 years old so its a similar situation as to when we got Tom Lynch.

Himmelberg is a very good player and will be in his prime then
Yep.
FA Kp's.

our board has an obsession with young big bodied mids at other clubs that can’t get a game

happened with Sier and Will Brodie as the next coming of Christ, now Green. One thing in common is they are all spuds, big bodied spuds
Add Dom Tyson and Jon Orourke to the list.

I still can't believe we passed on those blokes whilst overpaying for a Injury Prone Midget in Prestia.

The recruiters know nothing.

Chimp is irreplaceable but when the was day comes a player of the caliber of dunkley/cripps/kelly would be fitting. Maybe unrealistic
Be a sad day when it happens.🙁

Not so sure I would pre stand mark rule but as of now any big bodied mid who hasn't got another string to his bow is in trouble.
I’d like to see a little more exposed form than a Qrt that Rossy dominated to make that revelation . Not sure I see the star qualities in Green , flaky kick for goal , he ll be doing well to be as good as jack G , is that worth a pair of r1 , I think not

dont agree on ross. he's visibly slimmer and a much improved kick on his last few years. that quarter against carlton (albeit, everyone was off their feet at this point) really caught my eye. lots of good post-contest stuff. i'd be referencing a guy who can't get a game - RCD. ross can come in for cotch/edwards type on the inside and more than hold his own.

Good post and reiterates that we don’t need a big fish to replace any outgoing which still is 2 seasons off where we will start seeing the turnstile clicking with retirement
Add 4 qty jun this year another 3-4 again next year on top of what we already have and you’ll see the second wave

I’d like to see a little more exposed form than a Qrt that Rossy dominated to make that revelation . Not sure I see the star qualities in Green , flaky kick for goal , he ll be doing well to be as good as jack G , is that worth a pair of r1 , I think not
The stand rule won't help Green that's for sure.
Even Cripps is struggling.

dont agree on ross. he's visibly slimmer and a much improved kick on his last few years. that quarter against carlton (albeit, everyone was off their feet at this point) really caught my eye. lots of good post-contest stuff. i'd be referencing a guy who can't get a game - RCD. ross can come in for cotch/edwards type on the inside and more than hold his own.
As stated by Bojangles17 and even you acknowledged.Can't really take the Carlton game into acc.
Your right under the current situation.RCD has more of a chance than Ross.
What I'd like too see is Baker to be moved into the middle.
But I'm getting a bit off topic for this thread.lol

I think my preference this year is using our 2nd/3rd round picks (possibly even future picks) to trade up our 2 first round picks to a really good position where we can draft Van Rooyen and Bazzo. Pretty much sets up or KPF and KPD situation for the long term future (Van Rooyen & CCJ up forward, Balta & Bazzo down back).

Honestly think our young mids are more than enough to carry our midfield for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back