Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skindy

Senior List
Sep 18, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can confirm Suns out and about in town. Saw Jarrod Witts on Pirie Street.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They really need to get their s**t together on this. Too much conflicting stuff coming from different countries and Astra Zeneca itself
Won’t take much to make those who are wavering to flip on it and anti vaxxers are already having a field day.
Our government has put most of its eggs into the AZ basket so makes it tricky and conflicted I reckon.
There was supposedly a meeting of eminent scientists and doctors yesterday in Germany so not sure if this is from that?

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
According to Scott Morrison's rollout schedule Australia was due for it's 4 millionth jab yesterday. Instead we have just vaccinated our 570 thousandth person.

Was chatting with someone involved with logistics yesterday. He did say if we vaccinate 50,000 a day in Victoria they could catch up and have the job done over there by Christmas That would be 2 appointments each person

He was having a look around sites for possible drive though vaccination clinics in Adelaide.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was chatting with someone involved with logistics yesterday. He did say if we vaccinate 50,000 a day in Victoria they could catch up and have the job done over there by Christmas That would be 2 appointments each person

He was having a look around sites for possible drive though vaccination clinics in Adelaide.
Drive through for a vax sounds a bit dodgy

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chat with friends in the US they seem to prefer it over there. We do have the covid testing as drive through and that's going OK.
But what about anaphylaxis risk?
Wouldn’t be that easy dragging someone out of car or trying to rapidly access thigh for emergency treatment.
Agree drive through swabs is working well though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Prime Minister Scott Morrison gives the thumbs up after receiving a COVID-19 vaccination at Castle Hill Medical Centre on February 21. Picture: Mark Evans/Getty Images

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Drive through for a vax sounds a bit dodgy
They were doing drive through flu vaccinations in SA last year because of COVID-19 restrictions. What was dodgy about them?

Edit: Saw your subsequent post about anaphylaxis risk. Very small risk in the scheme of things and people who have a history of anaphylactic reactions shouldn't be getting a drive through shot. It's not as if drive through is going to be people's only option.

Last edited:
Gold Coast flying on a chartered flight direct to Adelaide for Friday's game despite Nicola saying yesterday that they wouldn't be let in because of the Greater Brisbane hotspot.

Poor Nicola, she doesn't realise she has been relegated to the position of crazy cat lady of the SA Government Covid 19 response team.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was talking to someone last night who said this shouldn't be called a vaccination because they don't use the actual virus.
Also said that he won't take the shot and his doctor agrees.
In addition he is saying it will modify your DNA and turn your body into a pathogen furnace whatever the hell that is.

I'm surprised by the level of anti-vaccination conversation out there.

Not sure I want to google pathogen furnace, I might start getting advertising from all sorts of loonies.

Edit: Well I did just learn where the word vaccination comes from...
Edward Jenner, an 18th century English scientist, noticed during a particularly bad wave of smallpox infections that individuals from the farming community, who had come into contact with cowpox, had much milder symptoms when exposed to smallpox. He conducted an experiment, where he worked cowpox pus into two small cuts on a healthy patient’s arm. Although his patient suffered from the usual cowpox symptoms, later when introduced to smallpox particles, did not contract the disease. Thereby, giving birth to the first vaccination; a name that was derived from the Latin word vacca, meaning cow.

Last edited:
Was talking to someone last night who said this shouldn't be called a vaccination because they don't use the actual virus.
Also said that he won't take the shot and his doctor agrees.
In addition he is saying it will modify your DNA and turn your body into a pathogen furnace whatever the hell that is.

I'm surprised by the level of anti-vaccination conversation out there.

Not sure I want to google pathogen furnace, I might start getting advertising from all sorts of loonies.

How is Pete Evans?

tell him I said Get ****ed please.

Chat with friends in the US they seem to prefer it over there. We do have the covid testing as drive through and that's going OK.

i have a perfect site for this facility to be honest

According to Scott Morrison's rollout schedule Australia was due for it's 4 millionth jab yesterday. Instead we have just vaccinated our 570 thousandth person.
And now the Feds are trying to lame the blame on the NSW government. Gladys and Brad Hazzard aren't happy.

Mr Hazzard took the opportunity to hit back at the federal government, saying their own vaccine rollout had been less than perfect.

“Let's get this really, really clear: The NSW government was asked to roll out 300,000 vaccinations to the groups in 1A and 1B. Of that we have done 100,000,” he said.

“The Federal Government was asked and is responsible for 5.5 million people and they have rolled out 50,000. I think the figures speak for themselves.”

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Chat with friends in the US they seem to prefer it over there. ...
The US has a lot of things that are drive through so they are used to it. I'd never seen drive through public telephones or drive through ATMs until I lived in the USA. Why get out of your car if you don't have to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back