Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2014, I was given a lift-out Port Adelaide team poster from The Advertiser. Not really caring for it, I proceeded to cut out each player individually, and hid them throughout my Crows-supporting family's home. I then printed a team sheet so that they could check players off as they discovered them.

My sister has just informed me that Angus Monfries (never forget) has finally been discovered, seven years on.

Last edited:
In 2014, I was given a lift-out Port Adelaide team poster from The Advertiser. Not really caring for it, I proceeded to cut out each player individually, and hid them throughout my Crows-supporting family's home. I then printed a team sheet so that they could check players off as they discovered them.

My sister has just informed me that Angus Monfries (never forget) has finally been discovered, seven years on.
So where was Angus hiding? (Dare we ask)

So he was never really dead, just missing?

Low key, Voss deserves to be a senior coach if we get to the prelims again.

Don't think I'd want him as coach, but he's done his apprenticeship now and he may be ready for another role soon. Brisbane was a terrible place for a relatively new coach to be at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I'd want him as coach, but he's done his apprenticeship now and he may be ready for another role soon. Brisbane was a terrible place for a relatively new coach to be at.
I think Voss made the wrong choice back then to even consider stepping up into a senior role so soon without any experience at all, arrogance sometimes works but not in the modern era. I think he will be pretty good now due to the wide and varied coaches, good and bad, he has coached along side over his journey with us. I'd back him in, not here but in a new environment.

If I remember correctly, I even hid two inside their freezer - Cornes and Butcher, on corn and meat respectively.

122owvb.jpg

1z2zxgi.jpg

29modj4.jpg

I think Voss made the wrong choice back then to even consider stepping up into a senior role so soon without any experience at all, arrogance sometimes works but not in the modern era. I think he will be pretty good now due to the wide and varied coaches, good and bad, he has coached along side over his journey with us. I'd back him in, not here but in a new environment.

He was an assistant for 5 minutes before taking the Lions job so it's not like he got nothing. I'd also say he got ****ed over big time in Brisbane and I reckon he only got the flick because the dildos running the club at the time thought Roos was a chance to take over which never happened. Brisbane were actually within earshot of finals when he got sacked too.

He was an assistant for 5 minutes before taking the Lions job so it's not like he got nothing. I'd also say he got f’ed over big time in Brisbane and I reckon he only got the flick because the dildos running the club at the time thought Roos was a chance to take over which never happened. Brisbane were actually within earshot of finals when he got sacked too.

The last round of 2013 saw us lose to Carlton by 1 point and Brisbane lose to Geelong in Geelong by 1 point.

Had we beat Carlton and Brisbane got up they'd have played finals and Voss probably doesn't get the sack until much later.

There's nothing about the Port in there, Raytheon's facility is in Mawson Lakes not in the Port. And they probably won't have the future guided missile development in SA because we currently have the frigates and subs being built in Outer Harbour. That would be considered more than enough for SA.

We're less likely to lose the subs now that both the Defence Minister and Defence Industry Minister aren't from Perth.

Port Adelaide has always understood how important it is for supporters to be able to have actual contact with players. It forges a special bond between club and supporters. The Che Cockatoo-Collins anecdote is something that Port just do time and again.

As a supporter, it was always special in the 80s and 90s being able to go up to the McLean room post-match and talk with the players.

There's nothing about the Port in there, Raytheon's facility is in Mawson Lakes not in the Port. And they probably won't have the future guided missile development in SA because we currently have the frigates and subs being built in Outer Harbour. That would be considered more than enough for SA.

We're less likely to lose the subs now that both the Defence Minister and Defence Industry Minister aren't from Perth.
Yup, now is the time to retrain as a boiLermaker! BIG BUCKS AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS!

Port Adelaide has always understood how important it is for supporters to be able to have actual contact with players. It forges a special bond between club and supporters. The Che Cockatoo-Collins anecdote is something that Port just do time and again.

As a supporter, it was always special in the 80s and 90s being able to go up to the McLean room post-match and talk with the players.
When i was a kid in the 70s and 80s I loved getting to Alberton early and hanging around the gates for when the league players arrived and pestered them for autographs. The best was Dave Granger. He gave all the time in the world, chatting, joking, etc. I loved him and it hurt me deeply when they said mean things about him in the papers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back