Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

I said in the other thread that we should challenge publicly the Rohan call, not to get him off but to highlight Neale's pre-hit. That the Cats need to grow some balls on this BS coming constantly from the MRC/media. Stop appearing so nice about it all and draw some lines in the sand.

But crickets again. Disappointing.
Not doing anything also speaks volumes. Geelong has pretty much said that Neale is a dog. If Geelong challenged and made Neale accountable for his behaviour - how are we different? Just continue to be old school Cats, don't be a bitch like Neale or the Lions on this one.

Losing a player means not much in the grand scheme of the season. Rohan probably needs some time off to get his head together. And it gives a young player a chance and the coaches to see how a different mix goes.

What exactly has geelong done except piss everyone off by winning on Friday night??

all I can see that had occurred is Brisbane players had a go at Rohan and Scott retaliated, very minor compared to some of the incidents you see where piles of players throw each other around in a huge scuffle.

so to summarize, Scott had a disagreement with some Brisbane players that didn’t look heated up at all. Rohan got reported for a chest high hit that clicked the neck for two weeks, dangerfield got reported for a clean bump that knocked out a player with a head clash, and an umpire made an incorrect call during the game.

... am I missing something??? Or is the above just normal ordinary business as usual footy.
I agree. It's all too serious. This sort of thing or a version of it happens every week. Nothing really to see here.

Which older players were dropped due to poor form, and replaced with a youngster? I can’t think of any. Debuts usually come due to injuries, resting, suspensions, or to replace another fringe player.
I reckon Jack Steven was 'dropped' but it was called something else like 'managed'.

Problem is that going to the tribunal & not being successful costs clubs $10k - with reduced football budgets this year, it's likely to factor into clubs decisions as to whether they appeal sanctions handed down by the MRO
And they probably spent $1000 for legal advice on whether to appeal

They had a plan before the year started to rest him every few games, due to the fact he had been out of footy so long with depression. Eventually he was dropped, but who replaced him? A youngster, or a veteran?
Tom Atkins came in for Steven in the final v Power, so 'a youngster' (sort of). You wouldn't call Atkins a veteran

Tom Atkins came in for Steven in the final v Power, so 'a youngster' (sort of). You wouldn't call Atkins a veteran
And then Atkins was omitted for Simpson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be a crazy or stupid question, but weren't there 2 teams out on the field last Friday night, weren't there 2 teams still on the field during quarter time and weren't there 2 teams exchanging words at quarter time?

So why is it that there's only 1 team being investigated over the quarter time incident while the other team seemingly has no case to answer for their involvment...

Wonder how much of this is as a result of the fallout of Geelong winning by 1 point and the umpires putting away their whistle in the last minute even though similar incidents had been ignored by the umpires earlier in the match

If Brisbane won on Friday I wonder if we see a different narrative this week

This may be a crazy or stupid question, but weren't there 2 teams out on the field last Friday night, weren't there 2 teams still on the field during quarter time and weren't there 2 teams exchanging words at quarter time?

So why is it that there's only 1 team being investigated over the quarter time incident while the other team seemingly has no case to answer for their involvment...

Wonder how much of this is as a result of the fallout of Geelong winning by 1 point and the umpires putting away their whistle in the last minute even though similar incidents had been ignored by the umpires earlier in the match

If Brisbane won on Friday I wonder if we see a different narrative this week
Nah. Whenever coaches do this s**t it's always a story.
There was that Malthouse one and that Sheedy one with the throat slit.
The media jump on. Even if the players start it.

Nah. Whenever coaches do this sh*t it's always a story.
There was that Malthouse one and that Sheedy one with the throat slit.
The media jump on. Even if the players start it.

What did CS actually 'do' that has offended so many of the sensitive souls within the AFL community??

😂 so the AFL essentially admit that Neale instigated the quarter time discussion with Scott, but that's ok because Neale is a player or in this case "a child" while Scott as the senior coach is deemed "an adult" and not allowed to defend his players

Seems the AFL is also pissy because they haven't previously sanctioned Scott when he's stood up for his players during breaks in the game

😂 so the AFL essentially admit that Neale instigated the quarter time discussion with Scott, but that's ok because Neale is a player or in this case "a child" while Scott as the senior coach is deemed "an adult" and not allowed to defend his players

Seems the AFL is also pissy because they haven't previously sanctioned Scott when he's stood up for his players during breaks in the game

If Neale was a cat he'd be tried as an adult

And it seems that the AFL finds Scott to be too emotional within the coaches box - seems that they want coaches to be robots & to stop showing emotion during matches

It's one thing for the AFL to advise on standards/behaviour from coaches when they're out on the ground before, during or after matches. But * me with them criticising and guessing potentially wanting to determine standards of behaviour within the coaches box - unless the coach is doing something such as punching a wall & causing damage, the AFL should butt out on the general reactions & emotions shown by coaches within the coaches box

And maybe a good place to start would be turning off the cameras that are focused on the coaches, letting them do their jobs without the attention during quarters and thus limiting the need for the AFL to concern themselves with how coaches respond to within game events/actions/incidents

And it seems that the AFL finds Scott to be too emotional within the coaches box - seems that they want coaches to be robots & to stop showing emotion during matches

It's one thing for the AFL to advise on standards/behaviour from coaches when they're out on the ground before, during or after matches. But fu** me with them criticising and guessing potentially wanting to determine standards of behaviour within the coaches box - unless the coach is doing something such as punching a wall & causing damage, the AFL should butt out on the general reactions & emotions shown by coaches within the coaches box

And maybe a good place to start would be turning off the cameras that are focused on the coaches, letting them do their jobs without the attention during quarters and thus limiting the need for the AFL to concern themselves with how coaches respond to within game events/actions/incidents

To paraphrase Lyon, there are two answers to the AFL's complaints about his "theatrics" in the box

1. At the basic level, "mind your own ******* business"

2. At the deeper level, don't shoot the messenger - just tell the umpires to stop ******* up so often, and the "problem" disappears

Remove this Banner Ad

Back