AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerR

Senior List
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
So that works. It's currently only Richmond priority 1 members with access, I would have expected that if it did work then it would be during Richmond priority 3 and public tomorrow and that it would only be free if it was a GA type seat on level 4 not a premium seat. Do you have some sort of add on membership with the Tigers?
Yes, I have an AFL membership with a (budget) Richmond reserved seat as an add on. However what I can book has now changed.
Earlier I could book a seat for each of these in the GA area.
However, now at 4:15 pm I can't. But it will let me book infant seats now which it wouldn't before. I can however book a seat in the AFL reserve (AFL membership only) and it seems I cannot book a seat with the Richmond reserved seat anywhere. Go figure.

TigerR

Senior List
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
So that works. It's currently only Richmond priority 1 members with access, I would have expected that if it did work then it would be during Richmond priority 3 and public tomorrow and that it would only be free if it was a GA type seat on level 4 not a premium seat. Do you have some sort of add on membership with the Tigers?
Another update, for the record. Now GA is on sale.
I theoretically can again get Richmond and AFL member in GA but not with a non-member. Theoretically because there are only single seats in GA. But it seems that don't want us taking non-members along. So I look forward to seeing a packed GA (at 75%). I bet it's not.
There are seats together in AFL members.

josephine666

Senior List
Aug 7, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Is it true you cannot walk through to GA area from AFL Members currently? I already have my ticket in AFL reserve but in the past would just walk though to general admission to watch the game with non AFL member mates in standing. I thought someone mentioned you can't do this anymore. Is it not possible to stand in the standing bays? Are they roped off or does security move you on?

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it true you cannot walk through to GA area from AFL Members currently? I already have my ticket in AFL reserve but in the past would just walk though to general admission to watch the game with non AFL member mates in standing. I thought someone mentioned you can't do this anymore. Is it not possible to stand in the standing bays? Are they roped off or does security move you on?
The MCG is split into 5 zones (and Marvel 4) for contact tracing purposes. Zones are Ponsford Stand, MCC, Olympic Stand, Southern Stand and AFL members. Can't walk between.

No standing room at the moment, they are currently taped off in accordance with COVID protocols. Everyone is required to be sitting in their allocated seat for contact tracing purposes.

No standing room at the moment, they are currently taped off in accordance with COVID protocols. Everyone is required to be sitting in their allocated seat for contact tracing purposes.
From what I saw that didn't stop people on the level 1 concourse at Marvel Stadium watching the game.

From what I saw that didn't stop people on the level 1 concourse at Marvel Stadium watching the game.

My experience only comes from the MCG so far (which relates to the question I responded to) and they've blocked off the designated standing zones behind the bays and security is actively moving people on there.

I can't speak for the experience at Minnow Stadium.

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another update, for the record. Now GA is on sale.
I theoretically can again get Richmond and AFL member in GA but not with a non-member. Theoretically because there are only single seats in GA. But it seems that don't want us taking non-members along. So I look forward to seeing a packed GA (at 75%). I bet it's not.
There are seats together in AFL members.
This just gets more complicated.
There are multiple seats available in the public area now except for level 1+2 wing if you want to try again.
I think your Tigers add on membership is somehow affecting things in a weird way.
Can you try just your AFL Member barcode in the public part of the ground and see if it lets you select a seat for that at discounted/free price and a non member at normal price. So pick 'Club Members and Public', enter the AFL barcode, click unlock tickets.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Heaps of tickets on all levels for Pies v Brisbane but the AFL members free tickets went straight away on Tuesday! Released some more level 3 today though.

Was tempted to get a free upgrade ticket on level 3 then select the free junior ticket on level 1 for a seat!!!

But that could be problematic with the Covid zones...

Most annoying thing is, you can select your seats at the public price, but upgraded membership tickets you can’t.

My experience only comes from the MCG so far (which relates to the question I responded to) and they've blocked off the designated standing zones behind the bays and security is actively moving people on there.

I can't speak for the experience at Minnow Stadium.
That sucks because depending on the game and who I go with....I prefer standing whilst watching the footy.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
That sucks because depending on the game and who I go with....I prefer standing whilst watching the footy.

Same.

ppl were standing behind the AFL members seats last Sunday, not sure if they eventually got moved on or not.

TigerR

Senior List
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Are there no guest passes at the moment?
No. As I suggested to someone before, you go for a free "infant seat" for aged up to 6 and hope not to be caught out. I was planning that this weekend for a child over 6, but plans changed, so won't be trying it out anymore.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
No. As I suggested to someone before, you go for a free "infant seat" for aged up to 6 and hope not to be caught out. I was planning that this weekend for a child over 6, but plans changed, so won't be trying it out anymore.

The e-tickets do tell you whether it's a junior, or a Gold Upgrade, Silver Upgrade etc but they don't actually tell you which membership is linked to the ticket as far as I can tell. Makes it difficult to police I would've thought when you've probably got 1 person buying for a group and sending those tickets electronically to other members of the group especially if those other members are not tech savvy.

Same.

ppl were standing behind the AFL members seats last Sunday, not sure if they eventually got moved on or not.
There would have been a security guard in a purple vest walking around. I've seen them go up to people to tell them not to linger.

Are there no guest passes at the moment?
Limited games have them. Roos vs Dogs and Blues vs Dockers have a max 2 guest passes.

The MCG is split into 5 zones (and Marvel 4) for contact tracing purposes. Zones are Ponsford Stand, MCC, Olympic Stand, Southern Stand and AFL members. Can't walk between.
Marvel it looks like the zones are Aisles 1-14. 14-28. 28-37. 37-1. It looks like only applies to L1 and L3. L2 must be just broken up as Medallion Club and public

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
Just got emailed barcodes for 4 MCG guest passes that were part of the compensation offer for downgrading to absentee last year.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Is anyone else still waiting on their cards? I paid for 3 memberships on the same day before the season, 1 arrived weeks ago, the other 2 haven't even been sent yet I don't think.

Collingwood just told me my pack from them was forgotten about due to an error and might be sent in the next 2 weeks, if there are no more errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back