Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

They are looking at a few Vic Park The Holden Site plenty of room out the back there?
Wayville? Is there a disused Masters building out south?

I have a 2,000 sqm site at Medindie. Probably an SA health thing to discuss I guess

The US has a lot of things that are drive through so they are used to it. I'd never seen drive through public telephones or drive through ATMs until I lived in the USA. Why get out of your car if you don't have to?

A lot of Americans would benefit from getting out of their cars more.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
Good news so far here in Brisbane, especially since two of the infected people went all over Brisbane for a few days as well as on a peak hour train 4-5 days.

Old mate tradie doing double duty as a entertainer at a hens party is the bigger story being discussed here
I wonder how often he accidentally wears the velcro overalls on the building site

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder how often he accidentally wears the velcro overalls on the building site

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha, I can imagine him on the worksite and his jam comes on the radio and its all......

giphy.gif

Duckimus Prime

Apr 26, 2008
Good news so far here in Brisbane, especially since two of the infected people went all over Brisbane for a few days as well as on a peak hour train 4-5 days.
Seriously, why does this always seem to be the case? Someone tests positive and then contract tracing points out how they've travelled all over the entire city...

Boxx

Mar 2, 2014
Dallas Cowboys
Was talking to someone last night who said this shouldn't be called a vaccination because they don't use the actual virus.
Also said that he won't take the shot and his doctor agrees.
In addition he is saying it will modify your DNA and turn your body into a pathogen furnace whatever the hell that is.

I'm surprised by the level of anti-vaccination conversation out there.

Not sure I want to google pathogen furnace, I might start getting advertising from all sorts of loonies.

Edit: Well I did just learn where the word vaccination comes from...
DNA... * me dead!

The uneducated really shouldn’t comment on matters they have no idea about - oh, wait... this is Big Footy - 99% of the comments on here are from campaigners that have no clue!
But, hey... what would I know!?!

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I have a 2,000 sqm site at Medindie. Probably an SA health thing to discuss I guess
I assume this is the same site that you have been touting as perfect for the new GDV?

We could get a COVID jab and a Pirate Life Pale Ale before the next home game.

I assume this is the same site that you have been touting as perfect for the new GDV?

only the Australian way isn’t it? America can have their free donuts, we could get a free beer with every jab

The Aussie way, screw donuts, rather free beer

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
And now the Feds are trying to lame the blame on the NSW government. Gladys and Brad Hazzard aren't happy.

Mr Hazzard took the opportunity to hit back at the federal government, saying their own vaccine rollout had been less than perfect.

“Let's get this really, really clear: The NSW government was asked to roll out 300,000 vaccinations to the groups in 1A and 1B. Of that we have done 100,000,” he said.

“The Federal Government was asked and is responsible for 5.5 million people and they have rolled out 50,000. I think the figures speak for themselves.”

David Littleproud was in the media this morning accusing the States of hoarding vaccine, in fact he said they have done 'bugger all'. When questioned about Littleproud's comments Scott Morrison was not buying into the argument. I have not yet worked out why any State would want hoard vaccine but obviously Mr Littleproud thinks they have a reason.

Queensland Deputy Premier Steven Miles has said 70% of the roll out is a Commonwealth responsibility and that the States were doing their bit. Even Gladys had a serve of the Commonwealth Government saying that it didn't help when they were only given 24-48 hours notice as to how many doses they would get. For once I agree with Gladys, how can your local GP take a booking if he or she doesn't know if he or she will have any vaccine to administer ? At this stage it looks as if CSL's claim that it could pump out 1,000,000 doses of AstraZeneca a week was hot air. If they produced and distributed 1million last week there should be plenty to go around.

Feb 6, 2014
Seriously, why does this always seem to be the case? Someone tests positive and then contract tracing points out how they've travelled all over the entire city...
I know it seems like a lot, but I reviewed my own weekend for comparison and between trip to bottle shop, pub lunch, supermarket, 40th party, trip to other side of city to my gf place to feed her dog, breakfast at cafe over that side, sushi joint near cinema and then onto cinema.....and then home, it was quite a few places....and that was just two days

Feb 6, 2014
David Littleproud was in the media this morning accusing the States of hoarding vaccine, in fact he said they have done 'bugger all'. When questioned about Littleproud's comments Scott Morrison was not buying into the argument. I have not yet worked out why any State would want hoard vaccine but obviously Mr Littleproud thinks they have a reason.

Queensland Deputy Premier Steven Miles has said 70% of the roll out is a Commonwealth responsibility and that the States were doing their bit. Even Gladys had a serve of the Commonwealth Government saying that it didn't help when they were only given 24-48 hours notice as to how many doses they would get. For once I agree with Gladys, how can your local GP take a booking if he or she doesn't know if he or she will have any vaccine to administer ? At this stage it looks as if CSL's claim that it could pump out 1,000,000 doses of AstraZeneca a week was hot air. If they produced and distributed 1million last week there should be plenty to go around.

It is quite a complex issue.

The vaccine deliveries are not announced much in advance. GP sites are not being warned of deliveries arriving. They were told they can’t make bookings unless they had vaccine on site, yet commonwealth health site urged people to book with their GPs who had not been made aware that they were getting vaccine stocks or been advised of the process to book/criteria etc.

In addition to this as was mentioned this morning, the follow up jab had to take place and you need supplies for that and with no schedule of supply that can be relied upon probably find those dosed today may not get 2nd one in 12 weeks and it makes the first jab a waste.

So all quite a cluster really (and not the infected kind)

Adding to the fun, infected person at TAFE all day for 2 Wednesdays in a row.....and another was at a barber ‘s for nearly an hour......I’m just guessing the proximity will be conducive to transmission, but if barber got it and then spread lockdown will continue for a bit here for sure

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands

imagine being the sad campaigner that gets infected and then they do the contact tracing... well on saturday i didn't get off the couch, then sunday i ordered ubereats a couple of times and put the bins out..

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Germany has joined the list of countries that have slapped yet another ban on Astra Zeneca. Last time it was the over 55s now it is the under 55s. I cannot help but think that the old Germany v England thing is in play. The Germans love being the Mr Efficiency of Europe and it must really gall them to see the UK lower it's COVID rate from 58,000 per day in January to 4,000 three months later while in Germany the trend is the opposite. On top of that the UK has managed to vaccinate 46% of it's population while the super efficient Germans have managed just 11%.

The EU and by default Germany does not have the moral high ground when it threatens to with hold shipments of vaccine while it's major members keep applying bans on the use of AstraZeneca. The statistic cited below originates from the UK so it is also biased and taken from a UK article that has a dead set go at the Germans but it is interesting none the less,

UK data shows just 30 people reported suffering blood clots out of the first 9.7 million Oxford doses — lower than rates in the general public.
In comparison, 38 cases were flagged among the 11.5 million Pfizer jabs.

Thus far all the emphasis has been on the AstraZeneca jab but apparently there are also minute incidences of clotting among those who have taken the Pfitzer jab.

The vaccination scoreline atm is, England 46 Germany 11.

Oct 8, 2004
Liverpool
President Emmanuel Macron has ordered France into its third national lockdown and said schools would close for three weeks as he sought to push back a third wave of COVID-19 infections that threatens to overwhelm hospitals. With the death toll nearing 100,000, intensive care units in the hardest-hit regions at breaking point and a slower-than-planned vaccine rollout, Macron was forced to abandon his goal of keeping the country open to protect the economy. “We will lose control if we do not move now,” the president said in a televised address to the nation. His announcement means that movement restrictions already in place for more than a week in Paris, and some northern and southern regions, will now apply to the whole country for at least a month, from Saturday. Departing from his pledge to safeguard education from the pandemic, Macron said schools will close for three weeks after this weekend.

According to Scott Morrison's rollout schedule Australia was due for it's 4 millionth jab yesterday. Instead we have just vaccinated our 570 thousandth person.
"under promise - over deliver," Greg Hunt many times.

Lawnchair Larry

Apr 1, 2015
The poo will really hit the fan when those who have received their first dose turn up 12 weeks later along with those who are lining up for their first dose.
It would be smart if they partition injection sites into first dose only and second dose only. It is a dilution of sorts, but worth doing.
I hope there is some available data for effectiveness of the 2nd dose, even up to 24 weeks out from the first dose.
Anyone who believed there would be a straight line ascent to total vaccination of those desiring it, was living in a dream world. Of course there will be a lag time in the process before things progress more rapidly.