Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
No denying his ability to write an article and do research. Honestly if he didn’t have his head up his arse he’d probably be alright

This is the most accurate comment on Bigfooty.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
No denying his ability to write an article and do research. Honestly if he didn’t have his head up his arse he’d probably be alright
Unfortunately, Part in parcel with being a "great mind" is having your head up your own arse*

If anyone ever wonders why BigFooty has mods, Check out the comments section of that article... Honest to god dumpster fire.

*I'm very aware I've often got my head up my own arse... But shut up I'm doing it ironically.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sucks to lose a home game, but we had a pretty charmed run last season, just need to do what you can to get the games played.

Nope and Nup. There’s a vaccine now that should have went into a Nurses Arm that works in a public hospital Covid ward rather than into ScuMo’s arm.
This could and should have been avoided.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Nope and Nup. There’s a vaccine now that should have went into a Nurses Arm that works in a public hospital Covid ward rather than into ScuMo’s arm.
Can still carry the disease with the vaccine on board.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
5 weeks after 2 doses of Pfizer and 14 weeks after 2 doses of AstraZeneca both limit close to 100% severe disease and death caused by original covid strain and most probably also UK variant. In both cases vaccinated people still can get virus and show symptoms, and transfer it to other people though there is now limited evidence that Pfizer reduces this transfer.

Maybe you should also focus on PPE, as QLD government conveniently does not answer the key question: "Do quarantine and medical personnel wear a mask that prevents air-borne diseases (N95)"? Interestingly, at the moment Victoria does not accept any foreign travellers while it's fitting front-line workers with N95 (or at least that was the intent, not sure if they actually done it).

Both vaccination and appropriate PPE represent additional barriers against covid spread.

Just wait until Victoria starts accepting thousands of foreign travellers again and the virus escapes again. Let's see what happens to AFL schedule then.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Isn't it the states duty to roll-out vaccines? As far as I'm concerned it's another Labour government screw up.
Federal Government secures and distributes vaccines through DHL and also is responsible for aged care vaccination. Federal Government also set up vaccination centres beside GP network. The problem is that Federal Government did not secure enough vaccines at the moment and is not able to tell state governments delivery and dose number timeline. Delivering like 10 AstraZeneca doses per week per GP is beyond joke. AstraZeneca should ramp up quickly now as it's made locally. Pfizer will be limited for some time due to world demand even though Australia contracted 20M doses.

Last edited:

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not one to follow politics closely but it seems to be both sides and all levels of politics are run by children who would rather blame each other and point the finger than actually help get the vaccine out.
Yeah agree. It doesn't matter who is in charge. But I'm certainly not clamouring for a vaccine as it won't solve the underlying issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Enough is enough! this is a BIGFOOTY website.........can you understand that... BIGFOOTY.....

Take your political crap to another site.....its not something, when I log onto this site, that I expect to see.

And that goes for any religious comments too. We all have our political/religious beliefs that we abide by................but this is a footy forum.

Please take your political sh*t somewhere else.

That's cool. I'll listen to anyone on Bigfooty as long as politics/or religion aren't part of the posting....

I wear my religion on my sleeve.

I welcome you all to join me in prayer at The Church or Perpetual Admiration. All praise our Lord and Saviour Matthew Rowell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back