Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh, I wasn't questioning you directly BigBirdz. It was a general "who TF tunes in to watch Alan Jones' moronic rantings?"

Nobody watches Sky News on tv but - apparently - their you tube channel has more subscribers than the ABC one at about 1.3m. You can just imagine the hate they are pumping out in 90 second clips on that medium.

Nobody watches Sky News on tv but - apparently - their you tube channel has more subscribers than the ABC one at about 1.3m. You can just imagine the hate they are pumping out in 90 second clips on that medium.
Old Rupert must be pumping tons into advertising. The algorithm spits out Sky rubbish as at least half the news videos recommended to me on Youtube. No way to block them either.

Hope things in QL pick up soon. We recently arrived in hotel quarantine in Perth, tests have been negative so far so fingers crossed. Frontline staff have been excellent, although it was surreal loading 200kg of luggage into trolleys while police & hotel staff looked on from a distance.

AstraZeneca is being canned again in some countries, this issue will not go away and does not bode well at all for our already slow rollout or reintegration into the world.

Old Rupert must be pumping tons into advertising. The algorithm spits out Sky rubbish as at least half the news videos recommended to me on Youtube. No way to block them either.

Hope things in QL pick up soon. We recently arrived in hotel quarantine in Perth, tests have been negative so far so fingers crossed. Frontline staff have been excellent, although it was surreal loading 200kg of luggage into trolleys while police & hotel staff looked on from a distance.

Wow that must be pretty strange.. where did you fly in from?

Wow that must be pretty strange.. where did you fly in from?
Japan, via Singapore. Main concern is that the 3 year old doesn’t shoot off like a rocket and end up putting an irate security guard in quarantine, but otherwise we’re very happy to be home. Airport staff are way more chilled than hotel staff, I guess there is just no avoiding the lines & confined spaces there.

Bluesfest is being held in Byron Bay as well this weekend.

NSW Health just cancelled it from going ahead.

Glimmer of hope up this way, just two new cases, with both already known and in isolation.

Here's hoping we have managed to dodge a bullet.

Our house has been confirmed Covid-free.

Which means nobody has a clue of whatever the wife has come down ill with now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to my employer I now qualify for the vaccine.

Booked myself in within seconds of receiving the email, rushing through like I was booking tickets to the finals.

Tomorrow morning. Keen af.
We are eligible to get it too due to our home situation, but were told the queue was infinitely long and to check back in a few weeks. where did you go?

That's weird, there seemed to be heaps of open spots when I booked. I booked in at a pop up clinic at the Hyatt (I work in East Perth).
All the places near home (to go with the wife) were all saying "please call". So I rang a couple.

Will have another look

My parents had it done at the Hyatt today. They were very complementary of the set up.
Booked online yesterday. Vaccine today. No wait, polite staff. Now just hoping for minimal side effects
Hyatt etc don't show up in the government website - just all medical clinics that say "none available" or "phone appointments only".

Girlfriend (mid 30s, fairly healthy) got her second shot this week and is good to go. She works in health, but isn't front line by any means, but all of her department were strongly encouraged to get it/reassured that they weren't jumping queues.

Have a wedding this week with some anti-vax family members, this should go down swimmingly if it comes up in conversation.

My parents had it done at the Hyatt today. They were very complementary of the set up.
Booked online yesterday. Vaccine today. No wait, polite staff. Now just hoping for minimal side effects

Now that I've had my shot at the Hyatt, I'd like to echo your parent's sentiments. Could not have been a smoother experience.

Only downside was that there were no lollipops :( I did get an apple juice though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back