Getting Tickets

How about we have a dedicated ticket thread?

Discussions on how to get tickets and how to solve problems are popping up everywhere and cluttering up other threads.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Good idea DW. I posted this recently in the Membership thread in reply to another post but will edit and re-post here.

My experience today was mixed bag.

Initially I tried to log in during the member window but first opportunity during my work day I was too early and it hadn't opened yet, then got busy at my desk phone calls, then when I had another opportunity the member window had shut. But yet the general public window hadn't yet opened! So I couldn't do anything and had to wait another 20 minutes.

I eventually logged in during the general public sale (I wasn't too stressed about this game being a sell out). The first seats offered were L3, S32 row G, rejected those and got offered row J same area straight after which I took. That was probably 15-20 minutes after general public had opened.

I wondered if they were working around the ground and maybe after Section 32 filled up they moved to a new section potentially with closer seats to the front again? Would be interested in the experience of others to learn more about this.

Right after I finished sorting Good Friday, I got an email about Ballarat in Round 4 which pegged another small window of time that I had to remember to be able to sort tickets to that game. I really don't like the hassle of having to plan my work day around a pretty narrow window of time when I can sort football seating for the weekend. I can accept finals being fully ticketed but this sucks for every regular season game.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
On the subject of ticketing issues, my wife didn't get an away access code email this week yet myself and my kids all did. She had to email the club last night and they quickly responded this morning which was good. Turns out her membership hadn't been set up correctly even though we've had a family social club membership since I fortuitously upgraded the rest of my family at the start of 2016 (!!). I might have from time to time reminded her how much of a good decision that turned out to be. :)

Why can't the ticket contractor set up an exact map corresponding with exact ticket price instead of general info of a price range? And why can't they set up a bigger selection in the purchase area where you can pick an aisle/bay/section to get the seats where you want instead of this 'next best' crap? The whole business is built on IT - surely they've got some bot who can whip it up. Get the clubs to set up their games at their stadiums & where they want their members to have seats available and stick to it.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
In the past when I’ve bought tix to a Melb Victory and/or Melb Renegades game @ Marvel, TM used to allow you to pick your own seats.

I’ve never been able to do it for the footy though.

So the concept is possible

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why can't the ticket contractor set up an exact map corresponding with exact ticket price instead of general info of a price range? And why can't they set up a bigger selection in the purchase area where you can pick an aisle/bay/section to get the seats where you want instead of this 'next best' crap? The whole business is built on IT - surely they've got some bot who can whip it up. Get the clubs to set up their games at their stadiums & where they want their members to have seats available and stick to it.

I bought college football tickets a few years back using that kind of system. It was a piece of piss.

In comparison, our ticket suppliers are a bloody disgrace!!

Hopefully the mess that’s it’s been so far creates enough noise for something to change.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I got offered row X seats on lvl 3 about 30 seconds after the away member period opened.

Approx 20 minutes later I tried again and better positions were available.

Fast forward to 2pm, I tried again out of curiosity and tickets for a section just behind the premium area on lvl 3 were offered.

It appears that they ticket it from the back rows forward, which is shithouse.

Call me a cynic but my strong suspicion is that it’s better for business if they don’t fully inform you, if you’re confused and in particular if you start to feel that tickets are scarce so you’d better just grab whatever you can find at whatever price they’re charging.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I got offered row X seats on lvl 3 about 30 seconds after the away member period opened.

Approx 20 minutes later I tried again and better positions were available.

Fast forward to 2pm, I tried again out of curiosity and tickets for a section just behind the premium area on lvl 3 were offered.

It appears that they ticket it from the back rows forward, which is shithouse.
My limited testing was the other way around, I got offered Row G then Row J (which I took).

I bought college football tickets a few years back using that kind of system. It was a piece of piss.

In comparison, our ticket suppliers are a bloody disgrace!!

Hopefully the mess that’s it’s been so far creates enough noise for something to change.

Apparently Richmond supporters on SEN this morning paying out on how bad it all is.

Good idea DW. I posted this recently in the Membership thread in reply to another post but will edit and re-post here.

My experience today was mixed bag.

Initially I tried to log in during the member window but first opportunity during my work day I was too early and it hadn't opened yet, then got busy at my desk phone calls, then when I had another opportunity the member window had shut. But yet the general public window hadn't yet opened! So I couldn't do anything and had to wait another 20 minutes.

I eventually logged in during the general public sale (I wasn't too stressed about this game being a sell out). The first seats offered were L3, S32 row G, rejected those and got offered row J same area straight after which I took. That was probably 15-20 minutes after general public had opened.

I wondered if they were working around the ground and maybe after Section 32 filled up they moved to a new section potentially with closer seats to the front again? Would be interested in the experience of others to learn more about this.

Right after I finished sorting Good Friday, I got an email about Ballarat in Round 4 which pegged another small window of time that I had to remember to be able to sort tickets to that game. I really don't like the hassle of having to plan my work day around a pretty narrow window of time when I can sort football seating for the weekend. I can accept finals being fully ticketed but this sucks for every regular season game.

Ticketmaster allocate tickets using the same formula Dogwatch uses for Pieman handicaps....

There is no formula. Sometimes i wonder the earlier yuo but, the worse your tickets as the fill up the s**t areas first

Call me a cynic but my strong suspicion is that it’s better for business if they don’t fully inform you, if you’re confused and in particular if you start to feel that tickets are scarce so you’d better just grab whatever you can find at whatever price they’re charging.

If you looked at the seating map for last weeks game, you would have thought it was going to be a full house...clearly it wasnt

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I suspected as much. I read member comments for R2 ticketing that suggested members were getting dudded into a lumped area. I prefer to sit behind the goals on L3 and if the only way I can do so in the future is to be a general admin, I will be telling the club that I will seriously consider changing my membership situation.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
How do I get Ballarat tickets?

I'm a afl member and a social club

I’m the same, I don’t think AFL members have access to tickets with that membership.

The couple of times I’ve gone up there I’ve bought tickets when the public can get them

Is it possible to change seats via Ticketmaster?

I'm pissed. There are better seats available now in less crowded areas.
Probably not online (but check with them). Best suggestion is to go to ticket enquiries window on the day - sometimes they will change it for you; Probably no refund but you might get better seats. If you come up with a lame excuse it might help too (sprained ankle and can't get up the stairs type stuff).

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Looks like you can select seats now🤪

I think they do this later in the sale because they want to get through large volumes when the tickets first go on sale and don't want people dithering for ages to select exact seats.

When it settles down you can then select the seat of your choice (from what remains of course).

Back