Prediction 2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can make finals, based on the estimated difficulty of the fixture, we should be hardened for finals footy, and afraid of nobody.

I agree. Let's face it, our expectations have jumped a bit on the back of 2020. It is not about making the 8, it is about winning a flag. To do that we have to be competitive with other top teams. We have to be able to split games with other teams that have real expectations of winning a flag. We are not competing with North Melbourne, we are competing with Richmond.

You have to go through them in finals to win it anyways.

So it makes no difference if we get them as double ups during the year.

I will guarantee you this, if we are as good as what we showed last year....

No one will want to play us.

This is true to a point. If you play a side that you have an 80% chance of beating compared to a 50/50 it can cost you a top 4 spot in a tight season. having to play one less finals game historically is a huge benefit.

This is true to a point. If you play a side that you have an 80% chance of beating compared to a 50/50 it can cost you a top 4 spot in a tight season. having to play one less finals game historically is a huge benefit.
To a point.

Greatest side to never win a flag?

09’ St Kilda.

Means absolutely * all. You have to go through them all eventually.

I want to know we can beat them anywhere anytime, rather than hoping Dusty wakes up with a green spotted dick and they need to amputate for a hope in hell of beating Richmond.

The best sides fear no one. They develop an inner belief they can do it, by having the runs on the board.

The greatest line I’ve ever heard about this was from a few of our 09’ saints. Shame they faced one of the greatest dynasties ever.

They felt the moment they ran onto the ground they would win. It is psychological.

Beating teams before a ball is kicked.

I actually think last years Covid season might have helped in ways we haven’t seen yet.

We learnt to win on the road. Out of the sanctuary of the dry and fastest deck in the country.

But again, if we actually think we can win it... we have to go through them eventually....

To a point.

Greatest side to never win a flag?

09’ St Kilda.

Means absolutely fu** all. You have to go through them all eventually.

I want to know we can beat them anywhere anytime, rather than hoping Dusty wakes up with a green spotted dick and they need to amputate for a hope in hell of beating Richmond.

The best sides fear no one. They develop an inner belief they can do it, by having the runs on the board.

The greatest line I’ve ever heard about this was from a few of our 09’ saints. Shame they faced one of the greatest dynasties ever.

They felt the moment they ran onto the ground they would win. It is psychological.

Beating teams before a ball is kicked.

I actually think last years Covid season might have helped in ways we haven’t seen yet.

We learnt to win on the road. Out of the sanctuary of the dry and fastest deck in the country.

But again, if we actually think we can win it... we have to go through them eventually....

Adelaide were a much better side than Richmond in 2017. It means * all being the best side. We don't need to be elite, just need to win like the Dogs did.

Adelaide were a much better side than Richmond in 2017. It means fu** all being the best side. We don't need to be elite, just need to win like the Dogs did.

I think we have enough talent across our best 22 to win a flag - but we won't win it with individual brilliance from one player, necessarily (unless Winx clunks everything within reach and kicks 12.2), but with selfless team play, and flashes of unpredictable brilliance from all corners.

Coff taking great intercepts and clearing to a target
Doogs trailing down to the middle, and channelling his inner Dustin Fletcher to bang through a long bomb
Hunter de-materialising at halfback, and rematerialising 25 out dead in front
Steele monstering his opponent with rib-jarring tackles and popping up inside 50 when least expected to drive a dagger in.
Gresh being Gresh
JB remembering how he played against the doggies all those years ago, and doing it again

etc., etc.

Every player on our list is capable of having a superstar moment or two when it counts - many of them are capable of "doing a dusty" and having a huge impact in crunch time ... Ratts is surely telling the team that we're going to have the most balanced 22 in the league, and all of those little moments will add up, and overcome the opposition just as effectively as having a "one man band" in red-time.

Nero posting n00b here...
Oh yeh you're an absolute hero old mate quoting posts from before we had our injury run as some kind of gotcha lmao.

Not to mention the fact that losing one game doesn't mean it shouldn't have been a comfy win. If we had played how we did last year or really msot games against melbourne for the last 5 years we would have won.

Jog on campaigner.

Oh yeh you're an absolute hero old mate quoting posts from before we had our injury run as some kind of gotcha lmao.

Not to mention the fact that losing one game doesn't mean it shouldn't have been a comfy win. If we had played how we did last year or really msot games against melbourne for the last 5 years we would have won.

Jog on campaigner.
Also not up mention that the brutal fixture is not responsible for that performance yesterday either.

talk about clutching at straws. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jog on campaigner.

The original point was that noted that the Melbourne game should be a gimme. I noted that Saints lost to Melbourne in 2020 (so it was possible for the Saints to lose this one).
Also not up mention that the brutal fixture is not responsible for that performance yesterday either.

talk about clutching at straws. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... point to where I suggested it was a loss due to the fixture? I merely implied that the game was not a gimme given the 2020 result.

In any case, you guys win ALL the points. I’ve sent my account cancellation request. Goodbye.

The original point was that noted that the Melbourne game should be a gimme. I noted that Saints lost to Melbourne in 2020 (so it was possible for the Saints to lose this one).

Hmmm... point to where I suggested it was a loss due to the fixture? I merely implied that the game was not a gimme given the 2020 result.

In any case, you guys win ALL the points. I’ve sent my account cancellation request. Goodbye.
Ok

OKay, did one myself - can't be effed doing the whole season so just did ours and autotipped the rest.

1617157992693.png

Ladder came out as follows:

1617158213964.png

Gotta love autotipping - Melbourne third and Sydney second - maybe Sydney could squeeze into top four (I have them beating us twice this year) but Dees won't - both could make finals but I think one will misss out. And absolutely No way Port miss out after a 2-0 start.... too many wins for the bottom teams too...

Matter of fact might amend those three teams' fixtures and fix this up a bit more...

OKay, did one myself - can't be effed doing the whole season so just did ours and autotipped the rest.

View attachment 1090382

Ladder came out as follows:

View attachment 1090385

Gotta love autotipping - Melbourne third and Sydney second - maybe Sydney could squeeze into top four (I have them beating us twice this year) but Dees won't - both could make finals but I think one will misss out. And absolutely No way Port miss out after a 2-0 start.... too many wins for the bottom teams too...

Matter of fact might amend those three teams' fixtures and fix this up a bit more...

I get Port Richmond grand final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just did one and had us scraping into 8th. We sure do have a tough draw when you go through it. If we are good enough we will win enough

5 to 8th for me

I did the ladder predictor, probably a bit generous with some teams and not generous enough to us but it's hard to pick against some sides that are form teams over the last couple of seasons. I tried to be as dispassionate and neutral as I could.

Have a go Mowman and Diehard.

I was still nicer than the auto tip.

Have a go Mowman and Diehard.

I was still nicer than the auto tip.
Yeah the auto tip hates us. I did thirty consecutive auto tips and it generated finals for us twice.
Ouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back