Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Give it to me straight, lads:

Does the guy fighting Tszyu have a snowflake's hope in hell?

There's no way I'm backing anybody at 1.10, it just isn't fun for me, I need some odds.

Maybe an early TKO for Tszyu? Give me something.
Hogan should have a world title around his waste. He beat Munguia but was robbed. Had he won that fight these odds look very different

That said, Tim is the rightful favourite given age and Hogan broke his nose in camp. Im on Tim decision personally. Think its 5050 for the stoppage/decision so taking the bigger number

Hogan VERY unlikely to get a stoppage and he needs to decapitate Tim to get the cards...

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I must be one of the few Australians who don't hate Mundine.

He said and did some dumb s**t, big deal.

And he was full of himself, well, he was an elite athlete in two sports, had every right to be arrogant.

If he can accept old age and retirement and be humble and gracious going forward, I wish the dude all the best.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
By the way, none of the three ring girls would look twice at me, and I know that.

But why are Aussie ring girls always such plain jane run-of-the-mill 'part-time model' types?

I've seen people criticise the UFC ring girls but they are one, even two levels above anything we see on Aussie fight nights.

How much are they spending on the girls? Surely $1,000 could get something better than decent.

Are you fair dinkum? The tall one was at the last Tszyu fight, she’s a 10 in anyone’s language, plus the rest are at least 9.

Great fight and win by Ryan, good to see a competitive and fun co main

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are you fair dinkum? The tall one was at the last Tszyu fight, she’s a 10 in anyone’s language, plus the rest are at least 9.
I'll take a closer look, I was judging by the footage from after a couple of fights earlier in the card, they seemed 'part time model' tier.

But maybe it was just a bad angle.

Anyway as for the main fight, I've decided to take the draw at 55s.

When you're dealing with Aussie boxing, anything is possible.

(I was there at Suncorp when they robbed Mannie, boy did I make some cash on that trainwreck)

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Early days, old mate doesn't seem to have much for Tzsyu.

Tim almost looks a weight class bigger than his opponent as well.
Tim looks huge for the weight. He creeps his way in so well too, if he can set up the right hand better its a wrap.

Hogan hasnt got the power to slow him coming forward. Needs combinations without getting clipped. Nervous on the decision bet...

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Wearing him down now, had him in a bit of trouble that round. I reckon he'll stop him too.

Back