List Mgmt. Josh Kelly to North II - It's Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we finish bottom 2, just walk him

We would have to win the spoon to even consider it, without the certainty the player would unlikely agree to it.

I think if we did win the spoon it would also be an incentive for GWS to not try and extort us like they did Geelong, because I am sure if Geelong had the capacity to make Cameron nominate for the PSD and get him there, they would have.

You lose a lot of bargaining power against the wooden spoon team, assuming they can convince a player to nominate the PSD.

Dusty
246 games
25 ppg
4 marks pg
3 tackles pg
93.7 rating points per game
4.8 Inside 50s
1.1 Goals

Josh Kelly

134 games
24 ppg
3.6 marks pg
4.8 tackles pg
93 rating points per game
3.9 Inside 50s
0.6 Goals

nah he’s sh*t 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He's not s**t but FIFY - you left out 2 key metrics that put Dustin in better company than Josh.

I'm serious.

In fact.....you can take some of that small fortune we offered to Kelly and give some of it to Bailey Scott's next contract. Someone who wanted to come to our club from day 1 when he could have easily gone to Geelong or GoldCoast if he wanted to.

I get that some guys aren't into the romance of wanting to play at the club their father's once played at.

But the ones that do....we should look after them.

and not be begging for others that don't.

We were fortunate Melbourne Uni isn't close to Geelong or Gold Coast. :stern look

He's not sh*t but FIFY - you left out 2 key metrics that put Dustin in better company than Josh.
Yep no argument here, I was simply pointing out his rating impact on each game is pretty much identical to Dusty.
Dusty is a once in a generation talent who stands alone at the top.

JK had a down(ish) year last year and for some reason he’s cannon fodder after two games this year yet his numbers are close to his lifetime averages.

I believe he’s still got another gear and he’s playing for a coach who IMO is a fraud.

Noble is looking for a Hodge/Birchall type to orchestrate the backline and thats why he’s turned to Jack but if he truely wanted a high IQ architect streaming out of the backline and imprinting the lacemarks in Larkey’s chest then JK is a no brainer (as long as we can get him through FA of course).

Yep no argument here, I was simply pointing out his rating impact on each game is pretty much identical to Dusty.
Dusty is a once in a generation talent who stands alone at the top.

JK had a down(ish) year last year and for some reason he’s cannon fodder after two games this year yet his numbers are close to his lifetime averages.

I believe he’s still got another gear and he’s playing for a coach who IMO is a fraud.

Noble is looking for a Hodge/Birchall type to orchestrate the backline and thats why he’s turned to Jack but if he truely wanted a high IQ architect streaming out of the backline and imprinting the lacemarks in Larkey’s chest then JK is a no brainer (as long as we can get him through FA of course).

Agree. Josh Kelly the footballer comfortably walks in as a top 5 player at Arden Street.

Josh Kelly the serial disinterested target, Josh Kelly the historic object of infatuation and big money plays - comes with baggage for us.

If I was Brady I'd want to be crystal clear about Josh's interest in joining and achieving success at Arden Street. If the scrutiny made Josh flip us off and sign with Hawthorn or someone else, so be it.

I like the shift in strategy from up beat North needs / wants / deserves / will have JK to the downramping we would of considered trading Atley for him but now will only consider him when he is delisted to drive down his value / our desire to have him approach.

If I was Brady I'd want to be crystal clear about Josh's interest in joining and achieving success at Arden Street. If the scrutiny made Josh flip us off and sign with Hawthorn or someone else, so be it.
100%

Lets be honest, he’s EXACTLY the missing back flanker type we’re screaming out for.

Imagine him running off half back and distributing to our CHF/FF with Noble’s new corridor based gameplan for the next 7 years?

Make him our ‘quarterback’ with occasional stints on the ball and we improve tenfold.

What CHF/FF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL there's two very obvious reasons why this conversation is silly and this thread a waste of time.

1. 8 years, $8 million. Say no more (except i will).

2. He's a very good player who's just missed out on a premiership in a very good team that was contending. Why, when he'll turn 27 in early 2022, would he commit to spend years at a club that's probably, at best, 3 years away from playing finals, and longer from contending? It just won't happen.

100%. Don't understand why we want to roll this out again.

Whilst we're at it why don't we re-start the Dusty and Gaff to North threads.
Well for one dusty and gaff aren’t out of contract

But Kelly is

This will definetly be the last chance we could go after him and as a free agent there’s more value this time

If I was Brady I'd want to be crystal clear about Josh's interest in joining and achieving success at Arden Street.

I reckon they already know that. ;)

You think he's coming Snake? Is that what I'm reading?

I know he always wanted to be a North player from day one.

It comes down to what the club can work out.

There's more to this then just our rebuild and where we're at as a club.

A player like him (if fit) also brings media exposure, viewerships, news, marketing, chat, etc.

With that said, I still wouldn't go anywhere near 8 years / 8mil.

There's more to this then just our rebuild and where we're at as a club.

A player like him (if fit) also brings media exposure, viewerships, news, marketing, chat, etc.

With that said, I still wouldn't go anywhere near 8 years / 8mil.

He was born to play at Docklands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back