The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was sad to see him deteriorate so badly from when he first appeared on AFTV. He was an extremely gentle man on the inside I think, and the dark side of being somewhat (mildy) famous got to him in the end. RIP

Claude from AFTV has passed away. RIP one of if not the best of the lot on there in terms of actual football opinions

Briefly chatted over a pint with him & Robbie at the Toll a number of years back. Rough around the edges, but was a genuine bloke - lived for the football. Hated the off-season and international breaks. Loved a good lager and the mighty Arsenal.

His last few years were extremely rough, by all reports. I really hope he has found peace; his own spot in the North Bank among the clouds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you got a pressure cooker? Those babies are awesome. Cooks a risotto that takes an hour in about 15mins.
Yeah, but i wouldnt use it for risotto personally but i know peeps who do. I use it for speeding up braising meats.

Last edited:
England U21 with a heap of premier League players and the rest in the championship bundled out of the Euro u21s - lost to the Swiss who have a lot of home players and only 2-1 against Croatia who have a lot of home players (or lower tier elsewhere). Appears their egos got in the way.

Yeah, poor reflection on England, should be doing much better.
Boothroyd was complaining because England seniors get the first pick... But they're still more credentialed than the other two teams in the group even without Bellingham, Mount or Foden

Boothroyd was complaining because England seniors get the first pick... But they're still more credentialed than the other two teams in the group even without Bellingham, Mount or Foden
He'll get replaced soon, contract is running out.

It’s nothing revealing but think there’s going to be a rash of injuries at the euros. So many players looking tired.

I personally can't understand the desire to go ahead with the euros after an entire season played under the cloud of covid. Not like there's going to be many fans going and there's a disrupted season 2022/23 coming up due to Qatar 2022 being played in Nov/Dec.

Rice and James from the main squad also qualify. Then you have Alexander Arnold, Saka, Sancho, Greenwood, Lamptey, James Justin. That would make a decent U21 team!

But you're right the team they fielded should have done better. The coach Aidy Boothroyd is a dud like Southgate. Neither has a good record as a club coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back