Opposition Supporters say the darndest things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, an early bump and he could barely run for the game. Spent a quarter up forward before being benched. He hasn't played a game of AFL since then. His match fitness will surely be down and with the speed of the game so much faster and quarters longer, he will absolutely be a liability later in the game. His inside grunt is needed though for the Roos, so I can understand why they have picked him for the game.

Reckon they simply want some leadership in the middle.

Another doozy from the Crows board. This time about Daniel.
“What ? We'll finally get rid of McKay only to bring in another one .. no thanks. If I want to see someone four foot ten tall kick the ball 15 metres I'll go watch a bunch of ten year olds having a kick in the park”.

And while everyone else is incredulous he keeps doubling down

campaigners scared of his own shadow. He’s very good but he’s not hard or tough

fu** him the big nosed flog. Tarryn Thomas made him look like a goose twice in one passage of play.

Norf supporter on Bont.

forgetting Bont laughing arden street legend big nose mediocre firrito into retirement after some attempted intimidation.

Wow. This is next level. Not only did 20yo Bont get the 3 votes in a North loss that night, North lost the following game against Hawthorn as well, despite Spud's 'ideal warm-up' of faux-toughness. Onya Spud :laughing:
Us North supporters are going to have to have the hide's of a rhinoceros this year cause it's gunna be a tough one and we're gunna be in the firing line of all kinds of shite from the likes of Carro Wilson and her "North hating posse" as well as from other clubs and supporters. Yup, she's gunna be a tough one :coolv1:

Two floggings so far and err ... shall I say that I am anticipating us getting our "A's" handed to us tomorrow by the Dogs :D

to be fair though most north supporters I know personally are ok. From a sample size of maybe 2.

their bigfooty element are largely insufferable, save for being low hanging fruit to be ridiculed

Us North supporters are going to have to have the hide's of a rhinoceros this year cause it's gunna be a tough one and we're gunna be in the firing line of all kinds of sh*te from the likes of Carro Wilson and her "North hating posse" as well as from other clubs and supporters. Yup, she's gunna be a tough one :coolv1:

Two floggings so far and err ... shall I say that I am anticipating us getting our "A's" handed to us tomorrow by the Dogs :D

I've got no issue with North. Quite the opposite. Our mobs have played some beauties against each other over the past 25 years.

Glorifying Spud's 'toughness' against a 20yo player who then took him to the cleaners, however. I can't let that slide. That's too funny.

As far as potential floggings go, this dogs team doesn't flog anyone that isn't Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair though most north supporters I know personally are ok. From a sample size of maybe 2.

their bigfooty element are largely insufferable, save for being low hanging fruit to be ridiculed
I know exactly what you mean, I avoid the BF North thread because yes many in there are just plain aggressive (in mobs) and arrogant. The North thread is very 'Cliquey'. There's some really good sensible folks there too, but they generally get mobbed up on and it can get very personal and nasty. I don't post there these days and only follow a couple threads within it and avoid posting any comment to those threads. It's shite I know, but what else can you do?

Last edited:

Roogal goes ok here.

That’s one.

And Boristown is ok (mostly). So maybe that’s two ...

TBH I never had a problem with North supporters until I joined BF. I guess it’s a rite of passage, overseen by Leon. LOL.

I don't know any.....that's probably the norm

I've got no issue with North. Quite the opposite. Our mobs have played some beauties against each other over the past 25 years.

Glorifying Spud's 'toughness' against a 20yo player who then took him to the cleaners, however. I can't let that slide. That's too funny.

As far as potential floggings go, this dogs team doesn't flog anyone that isn't Essendon.
As bad as things are at Arden Street ATM, I at least draw some comfort and pride that our supporters haven't sunk to spitting on the players and coach leaving the field like Richmond and Crows supporters have done in the not-so-distant past when they were losing. Yes it's all smiles at Punt Road ATM, winners are grinners. But the real test of character in a club and with its supporters is how they carry themselves in defeat.

As bad as things are at Arden Street ATM, I at least draw some comfort and pride that our supporters haven't sunk to spitting on the players and coach leaving the field like Richmond and Crows supporters have done in the not-so-distant past when they were losing. Yes it's all smiles at Punt Road ATM, winners are grinners. But the real test of character in a club and with its supporters is how they carry themselves in defeat.
I dont get the angst with North at the moment. The are doing now what they should have done 2 or 3 years ago and start a proper rebuild.
2 or 3 years of pain for long term gain and reward later.
Sooner or later all clubs have got to do it, just need to make sure its done right.

I dont get the angst with North at the moment. The are doing now what they should have done 2 or 3 years ago and start a proper rebuild.
2 or 3 years of pain for long term gain and reward later.
Sooner or later all clubs have got to do it, just need to make sure its done right.
I agree, I'm certainly not crying in my Wheeties at where they are at. I think that they should have done the big clean out seven years ago when they were clearly hanging on to the oldest player list in the league. It's a time for rebuilding and they need to give themselves around 3 years to build a competative final 8 team.

I just get annoyed at the sniping and kick em when their down mentality of Melbourne's footy commentators.

... just get annoyed at the sniping and kick em when their down mentality of Melbourne's footy commentators.
..and on this Board. North have twice won 2 premierships taking advantage of strong teams, '75 & 77 and again 96 & 99. We've let 2 premiership teams disintegrate, 54 and 16. North is in dire straits, we've been there. I don't get the angst.

..and on this Board. North have twice won 2 premierships taking advantage of strong teams, '75 & 77 and again 96 & 99. We've let 2 premiership teams disintegrate, 54 and 16. North is in dire straits, we've been there. I don't get the angst.
It'd be a damn sight easier to stomach without the dead-shites of Melbourne's football media constantly carping on about North's salvation and deliverance being in Hobart, whereas those same talking heads (many of whom have never pulled on a footy boot in their lives) have never forgiven North for giving their commentary and "expert opinion" the finger back in 2008 when those same clowns reckoned that the Gold Coast was the only thing that would save them. Yet since 2008, despite good and bad seasons North have retired their $9 million of debt, grew membership and redeveloped Arden Street. Besides winning a flag, what else could they possibly want? I have never heard Caro Wilson, Craig Hutchison or the rest of those tools ever talk of relocating Saint Kilda or Melbourne. No it's always North and that shites me! Even yesterday, the game was a Roo culling, there's no other description ... okay, it was game played with our team at its lowest point of development of a new coaching staff and 12 new players. I didn't expect a miracle and neither did the rest of the Roos supporters who turned up to support their team. I went on the record a few days before and acknowledged that we were in for a football lesson from the Dogs. But the game hadn't even finished and I had to listen to commentators questioning North's right to host the GF game. I've never heard those same commentators ever question Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond or Melbourne's right to host big event games during the times when each of those clubs were struggling over the last two decades.

No, it pisses me and many other North supporters off. It's as though the Roos are in a constant battle against Melbourne's media for the legitimacy and validity of their club as one of the oldest teams in Melbourne to be recognised. Irrespective of the club's current on field performance, that doesn't bother me in the least because all clubs have had their highs and lows. I've seen it from both sides and this is North's lowest point in 48 years, but personally I remain confident that they will rise through it.

Last edited:
It'd be a damn sight easier to stomach without the dead-shites of Melbourne's football media constantly carping on about North's salvation and deliverance being in Hobart, whereas those same talking heads (many of whom have never pulled on a footy boot in their lives) have never forgiven North for giving their commentary and "expert opinion" the finger back in 2008 when those same clowns reckoned that the Gold Coast was the only thing that would save them. Yet since 2008, despite good and bad seasons North have retired their $9 million of debt, grew membership and redeveloped Arden Street. Besides winning a flag, what else could they possibly want? I have never heard Caro Wilson, Craig Hutchison or the rest of those tools ever talk of relocating Saint Kilda or Melbourne. No it's always North and that shites me! Even yesterday, the game was a Roo culling, there's no other description ... okay, it was game played with our team at its lowest point of development of a new coaching staff and 12 new players. I didn't expect a miracle and neither did the rest of the Roos supporters who turned up to support their team. I went on the record a few days before and acknowledged that we were in for a football lesson from the Dogs. But the game hadn't even finished and I had to listen to commentators questioning North's right to host the GF game. I've never heard those same commentators ever question Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond or Melbourne's right to host big event games during the times when each of those clubs were struggling over the last two decades.

No, it pisses me and many other North supporters off. It's as though the Roos are in a constant battle against Melbourne's media for the legitimacy and validity of their club as one of the oldest teams in Melbourne to be recognised. Irrespective of the club's current on field performance, that doesn't bother me in the least because all clubs have had their highs and lows. I've seen it from both sides and this is North's lowest point in 48 years, but personally I remain confident that they will rise through it.
We hit our nadir in 1989 and looking back it was actually good for us. There has never been any genuine talk of merging or relocating us since. It took almost a complete crisis that we very nearly didn't survive for that to happen, but the AFL knows what we can do if it ever came to that again. I wouldn't recommend doing it our way tho. We had next to no money from the mid 1960's until 1990, but the AFL era has enabled us to thrive since then.

If you read the current Saints board, you'll find they actually want to fold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back