Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sh*t terrifies me. I drive for my job (usually several sites a day and country work). Rack up the kilometres and would be in strife without my licence. (Ie no job)

Pushing 120 on a country road to overtake sometimes. Be a bad time for a cop to see me.

Good luck without it. You can't do the 12 month 1 point thing? Is that still a thing?

Apparently not.....
Unless you have a Superclean record ( i took points for my 18yo for going 56 in a 50 zone a few months a go and i wasn't perfect before then ).

It kind of irks me that even since i found i lost it, i'm seeing people doing way more dangerous stuff.
Actually the act of speeding up while someone is passing you is a real dangerous arsehole act, but a moron sleeping with a camera wouldn't see that.
Oh and in the news the police are still powerless to stop the illegal street drags.

Lucky for them they have the easy targets who have a license and a registered car and insurance no intention of driving without any of the above.

Luck shouldn't play a part of it. If it does they will always be penalising people who drive more.
Oh and if you are a Packer or a Murdoch, you just fail to nominate a driver for your "Company Ferrari " and let your company pay the $18000 fine. Wonder if that's tax deductable.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Sad fact - covid lockdown in USA substantially reduced the incidence of mass shootings.

Now they're all getting back on the streets.

My best mates daughter received her Hawks membership card.
They sent her the generic membership letter clearly designed for an adult to read. It talks about apps, surveys and member packs.

She's 7.
She can read the words but she sure as hell can't make sense of it!

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sunny is head up north in the first week of May.
By train to Sydney and Brisbane, then by road to Cairns.
Say, a week to Brisbane, two weeks to Cairns.
I‘m familiar with: the Hume to Sydney, Sydney, Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Byron, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and up to Gympie, Cairns/Port Douglas.
Anywhere in between, or up to Cairns from Gympie I’m not very familiar.
Does anyone have any recommendations re stops along the way?
Time is not the enemy here.

Sunny is head up north in the first week of May.
By train to Sydney and Brisbane, then by road to Cairns.
Say, a week to Brisbane, two weeks to Cairns.
I‘m familiar with: the Hume to Sydney, Sydney, Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Byron, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and up to Gympie, Cairns/Port Douglas.
Anywhere in between, or up to Cairns from Gympie I’m not very familiar.
Does anyone have any recommendations re stops along the way?
Time is not the enemy here.

Anywhere but Brisbane right now.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Ever Given explanation as written for dummies (like Sunny).

If you’re really interested, class, I will now explain why the ship ran aground in the Suez Canal. The weather conditions were poor with bad visibility - negligible importance as ships of this sort have incredibly hi accuracy/definition radar and GPS BUT strong winds, westerly gusting 40knots - a significant factor. The Bridge team, pilots and Captain, made a fateful decision to increase speed entering the canal from the regulation 8.6knots to over 13knots. Theoretically giving them greater power and steerage to counter the wind, BUT crucially introducing disastrous “Bank and Squat effect” . These are aspects of Hydrodynamics explained in Latin many moons ago by a fellow called Daniels Bernoulli. In simple terms it means that the faster you drive your ship in a restricted waterway, the shallower the water gets, as all sorts of crazy displacement and pressure wave things happen and your stern gets sucked towards the bank. I’m very interested in this professionally and have to be as I sail a big boxy unwieldy sailing barge, often in shallow, narrow channels at low tide in strong winds, sometimes with the added spice of big heavily laden ships coming in the opposite direction. The Ever Given was travelling close to the starboard bank but adjusted to counter the wind more towards the port bank. Contrary to what was initially reported there was then a big lull in the wind so this adjustment turned out to be an over compensation. However it was too late to counter this, the ship was too close to the port bank, in effectively much less water than it thought due to squat caused by speed, the bank effect sucked its stern into the bank and skewed the bow across to starboard where it breached the protective rock armour with its bulb and this is where we are. As you can see from one of the graphics the ship was doing 12.3 knots just before it hit so a lot of momentum to lift that big bow into the shore and this is the bigger problem — they seem to have freed the stern, getting the front floating again is the trickier bit. Thank you for sticking with this to the end class, you can have tomorrow off.

The Ever Given explanation as written for dummies (like Sunny).

I used to have lectures in Fluid Mechanics for 2 hours on a Friday afternoon, after a 3 hour break.
Of course like every good student , i spent most of that break in the pub.

Then of course, the exam was scheduled on the last afternoon of the exam period. Of course someone had scheduled a BBQ ( with refreshments ) on that day.
I think its the only exam i had to leave for a " pee break " . I managed a B , which was pretty good, it was a tricky subject with some tricky mathematics.

I can still only think about Bernoulli and his equations with a lubricated brain.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN EXCELLENT SCIFI SERIES.....
tt11640020_1.jpg

Debris

Date: 2021

Stars: Thomas Cadrot, Alex Bogomolov, Jennifer Copping, Riann Steele

Plot: A pair of agents work together to investigate an alien spacecraft that is causing mysterious effects on people.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
ANYONE LOOKING FOR AN EXCELLENT SCIFI SERIES.....
tt11640020_1.jpg

Debris

Date: 2021

Stars: Thomas Cadrot, Alex Bogomolov, Jennifer Copping, Riann Steele

Plot: A pair of agents work together to investigate an alien spacecraft that is causing mysterious effects on people.
What’s it steaming on?

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
What’s it steaming on?
NBC HULU...But i watch all my series on tv full.com it has almpst everything 1000's of tv series always right up to date $13.00 australian $10.00 US Dollars gets about 150 points if you do it with amazon gift card. Then each episode of anything you watch is three points so i get 50 episodes of absolutely anything for that. if you pay with credit card you only get 100 points.

Last edited:

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Newcastle is as flat as a tack and bells is going to be pumping all weekend.

I hope people post pictures of bells all weekend so the tools who decided to grab the cash and cut a deal with NSW can see what they missed.

Just ordered my new limousine. Lets see if i can do 40km a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back