Trades Round 3 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up going yesterday:
Cripps > Brayshaw
Phillips > Impey

The SC rookie in me didn't realise those trades would lock now :tearsofjoy: No more umming & ahhing at least!

We've all done it at least once! Welcome to the club lol.

I made my trades weds night for some reason so fingers crossed none of my rooks are dropped.

Ended up going yesterday:
Cripps > Brayshaw
Phillips > Impey

The SC rookie in me didn't realise those trades would lock now :tearsofjoy: No more umming & ahhing at least!
Those are solid trades - I've ready traded in Brayshaw and almost certainly getting Impey tomorrow too

Is a trade from Phillips to Impey worth the 200k in the bank for upgrades? Have a feeling they might average the same.
I was happy to keep Phillips at F6 and just save this trade. I have all the required rookies and Downie as my Captains loophole who should get games later.
Yes

What’s everyone’s thoughts on trading a playing rookie such as Scott or McNeil down to a donut just to get Grundys 162? Got every player playing and seems like I’ve missed a few good VC scores over the last few weeks because of it.

Seems a waste. Barring a catastrophe you'd maybe make max 50 points if a Macrae/Gawn goes around 100 (fairly pessimistic).

I'd say that 1 trade and cash generation will later in the season easily make up 50 points.

You're also likely to be on the verge of having a donut anyway through rookies being dropped. I have Sharp for one, Scott and McNeil may become one, Jones could be another.

Downie will play down the track.

And potentially be the sub...or not even a solid scorer anyway.

Is trading Hunter to Flynn a must trade?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

All your upgrades from henceforth need to be the big hitters. Macrae's a good start.

I'd agree with this usually ... But my argument is Braysh should play the most MID mins of ay Freo player, scores his points in a load of ways. 125 and 132 so far, won't cop a tag and his fixture reads - Carlton, Hawks, Crows, Norf .. No challenge for points, Fyfe playing forward. Macrae will still be incredible but so many Dogs mids and his BE is 126, Brayshaw's 62 .. Thing with Macrae is the 120 history but still never been this many Dogs fantasy relevant mids before, Treloar and Hunter been the two to suffer so far but each of the mids will have their down games imo, will Macrae have one which makes him gettable? Or is he simply worth the extra 110k

I'd agree with this usually ... But my argument is Braysh should play the most MID mins of ay Freo player, scores his points in a load of ways. 125 and 132 so far, won't cop a tag and his fixture reads - Carlton, Hawks, Crows, Norf .. No challenge for points, Fyfe playing forward. Macrae will still be incredible but so many Dogs mids and his BE is 126, Brayshaw's 62 .. Thing with Macrae is the 120 history but still never been this many Dogs fantasy relevant mids before, Treloar and Hunter been the two to suffer so far but each of the mids will have their down games imo, will Macrae have one which makes him gettable? Or is he simply worth the extra 110k

Macrae is set and forget.
One of the most reliable high-scorers SC has ever seen, and has continued this year unabated.

Locked in my side easily.

That $110k will just sit in your bank until the rookies moo anyway. Use it now, get some cash later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes that could happen. By all means take multiple calculated risks if that's your strategy, because there is a chance of every speculative SP breakout pick working out for you and you win 50k. But you have already taken a bunch of similar risks with your starting team. In my experience when you do that you need to make your upgrades 'sure thing' SPs with a proven track record. Macrae being the #1 mid for average over the past 3 seasons is as sure thing as you can get. I did not see any evidence of an improved Doggies midfield hampering Macrae's role or scoring ability in the first 2 rounds. Personally, I'd fork out for the best proven SP available regardless of price like I did with Oliver last week.

Last edited:
This talk of Clark being dropped has got me thinking how I can work this. I'm not really concerned if he does get dropped he was going to be one of my first upgrades anyway. I will see how my Emergency goes today Berry but maybe I could trade Clarke to McDonald and that would give me enough to upgrade Docherty to Ridley.

Not sure why people think Highmore might be dropped. Played well last week. Doubt Carlisle takes his spot.
Should be adequate cover for those running Clark at D6.
Kosi should also be fine.

Clark may survive yet, with Rohan going out and Menegola looking unlikely this week.
IN: Duncan, Holmes?
OUT: Rohan, Constable or Clark?

Not sure why people think Highmore might be dropped. Played well last week. Doubt Carlisle takes his spot.
Should be adequate cover for those running Clark at D6.
Kosi should also be fine.

Clark may survive yet, with Rohan going out and Menegola looking unlikely this week.
IN: Duncan, Holmes?
OUT: Rohan, Constable or Clark?

We don't. It's the St Kilda Board people that think he will be dropped for Carlisle.

Will I have time to trade between games/is it possible for me to trade while a game is ongoing now? Want to wait for teams to be named to make my rookie correction, just in case one happens to be dead.

Will I have time to trade between games/is it possible for me to trade while a game is ongoing now? Want to wait for teams to be named to make my rookie correction, just in case one happens to be dead.

As long as the players involved in your trade haven't started playing yet.
eg. Trading J.Clark (GEEL) to Koschitzke (HAW) could be done on Monday before the bounce.

What trades do you have in mind?

As long as the players involved in your trade haven't started playing yet.
eg. Trading J.Clark (GEEL) to Koschitzke (HAW) could be done on Monday before the bounce.

What trades do you have in mind?
I was just going to try and get in Campbell before the second game today so I don’t have to field Rowe, but I’ve just realised I’m so strapped for cash that the only option I have to trade out for him is Bruhn so I might as well do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back