Preview Round 3, 2021: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 3rd April, 4:35PM AEDT *STEELE 100TH* *CLARK 50TH* *CROUCH DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 51 85.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt mind him until he spent an entire year bad mouthing us in every interview he did.
I hate him and his entire ******* team and their supporters.

before you accuse me of jealousy I’ve hated them since 2009 when they all had a sook about Riewoldt cheating in the prelim. Seven years of crying after that and I thought when they win the flag they’d settle down.

nope, still got that complex. So * em

Great to see the D-Train work his way back after seemingly being nowhere near it and high time Bombit Long and his stupid brain fades was sent back to the twos to work on his game for two years same as the D-Train so famously did.

I like the changes. A change was needed in the ruck. Mason Wood could be handy in my opinion if stays injury free.

The way the teams listed is - as usual - a bit of a shambles... so you’d have to think this might be closer to reality...

FB: McKenzie - Howard - Coffield
HB: Sinclair - Wilkie - Clark
C: Billings - Ross - Hill
HF: Butler - Battle - Gresham
FF: Membrey - King - Carlisle
Foll: McKernan - Steele - Crouch
Int: Higgins Lonie Jones Wood

Forward line looks a bit top-heavy for mine - especially as Gresham will push up around the stoppages as soon as the centre bounce is done - so maybe a tall out for a small, but that’s what I’d assume we’ll see.

Well Hunter out will please a lot of the keyboard heroes here so let’s hope it doesn’t come back to * us in the arse.

Thank god we omitted Hunter he embarrassed the jumper.

Think that's a bit harsh. When we signed him a few weeks out from the season, nobody could have anticipated he'd be our #1 Ruckman going into Round 1. He was recruited as a VFL ruckmen and occasional back-up if one of Ryder or Marshall was injured. I don't think anyone at the club expected him to be playing one out against Max Gawn in Round 2.

The way the teams listed is - as usual - a bit of a shambles... so you’d have to think this might be closer to reality...

Forward line looks a bit top-heavy for mine - especially as Gresham will push up around the stoppages as soon as the centre bounce is done - so maybe a tall out for a small, but that’s what I’d assume we’ll see.
Hmm.. agree with dropping long, hunter and highmore.. If Bytel can swap with Wood, then would be perfect! can never have enough midfielders...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird that Saints website has Wilkie as the second tall but AFL website has Battle at CHB.
Battle back might make sense as you mentioned being a bit slow.

Ratts wielding the axe this week.

Some good ins though with Crouch and Carlisle, good to see Wood get a go too.

A bit surprised to see Long dropped, he hasn't been playing bad footy but his lack of discipline has probably cost him his spot.

Not that surprised to see Hunter dropped, I guess that means Carlisle will be playing a fair bit in the ruck along with McKernan.

Hopefully we get Marshall or Ryder back next week.

Ratts wielding the axe this week.

Some good ins though with Crouch and Carlisle, good to see Wood get a go too.

A bit surprised to see Long dropped, he hasn't been playing bad footy but his lack of discipline has probably cost him his spot.

Not that surprised to see Hunter dropped, I guess that means Carlisle will be playing a fair bit in the ruck along with McKernan.

Hopefully we get Marshall or Ryder back next week.
Yeah happy with the ins, but I'm not a Dmack fan although I didn't think he was terrible against gws. Also a bit surprised Long got dropped and a little worried about our small defender stocks without him and also JWeb out. Personally rate Longs defensive game, but he does give away some undisciplined free kicks, the one against Dees in the last was pretty silly and possibly the last straw for retaining his spot

Too many changes. And the wrong ones too. Wrong scapegoats. I’m not happy with this. Gone from pretty confident to worried we might drop our heads.

boys better lift.

Crouch, Carlisle, DMac.

Interesting that Highmore and Long got the chop... didn’t think they were our worst.
Our backline as a whole were pretty poor.

Highmore was the obvious first to go for me.

Long probably not the worst but tbh I don't mind seeing him get a rocket.

Interested to see if Battle actually plays back.

I've never been as confused about selections as this.
Zac Jones plays and Bytel doesn't is extraordinary.
Highmore after 2 very good games dropped.
Long who has had a few undisciplined moments but has been very good dropped.

Incredible stuff IMO
Whats extraordinary about someone who finished to 6 in our bnf getting a chance to redeem themselves after 1 bad game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back