Current Ex Rebels President Assassinated by Sniper Shot at the Motorplex Perth - WA

Of interest:

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon

Proclaimed as Australia's first rollover witness to "break the bikie code of silence", Reid confessed in 2002 to his part in planting the car bomb that killed former CIB chief Don Hancock in Lathlain a year earlier. He was given witness protection, special jail conditions and a reduced sentence for the bombing murders in exchange for testifying against his former bikie mates about the bombings and against White, a bikie associate.

The Gypsy Jokers were acquitted after Reid's court testimony was discredited but White, who has consistently protested his innocence, was found guilty of murdering Tapley in an unrelated crime.
Understand that, one is an ex CIB chief, one was a bikie boss, just my opinon i suppose but who are they trying to implicate for the gunman testimony?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Understand that, one is an ex CIB chief, one was a bikie boss, just my opinon i suppose but who are they trying to implicate for the gunman testimony?
Agree on the importance placed by the WA government at the time but
1. everybody matters or nobody matters
2. Your post had no nuance - I showed the police and WA gov have been willing to offer WP for a public crime

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree on the importance placed by the WA government at the time but
1. everybody matters or nobody matters
2. Your post had no nuance - I showed the police and WA gov have been willing to offer WP for a public crime
Yeah good point, i suppose i just find it hard to believe that they would offer WP for a killer like that, but had noted its been done before, my earlier question though, who are they after for his testimony? assuming other bikie bosses? and would a jury believe testimony from a guy with his background, have to wait and see how this one plays out i suppose.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Yeah good point, i suppose i just find it hard to believe that they would offer WP for a killer like that, but had noted its been done before, my earlier question though, who are they after for his testimony? assuming other bikie bosses? and would a jury believe testimony from a guy with his background, have to wait and see how this one plays out i suppose.
I get the feeling - unless hidden for now - that the shooter only had very loose ties and the police want to send a message and get the ''bikie bosses '' who ordered the hit (if any)

As to testimony - nobody believed Sid either

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Before this guy was caught/found I like most of you assumed this was a proper ex military (SASR) sniper hit, so obviously thought it would be highly professionally executed. I even toyed with the theory the job was performed by a lone wolf vigilante who was either current or recent special forces. I pored over Google Earth trying to figure his method of undetected entry and retreat and have to admit I couldn’t really figure out how he would have done it with 100% security. So I assumed this is one very smart cookie to pull this off. And cold. I also assumed he’d obviously never be caught. Fast forward to now, and it’s clearly the handy work of a weapons grade numpty who was obviously dobbed in. Again this has left me scratching my head. Why dob him in? The million bucks? Any crim with half a brain cell left knows the terms and conditions attached to that reward could best be described as oppressive, at worst their own death warrant.I don’t know what to think anymore, could anyone actually be as stupid as the alleged sniper? Or was the alleged sniper lulled into feeling sobsecure by his handlers so he didn’t even worry about covering his tracks? This is fascinating, there will most likely be some twists and turns that will take years to come out. Maybe some deathbed confessions. There’s a lot more to this story, or maybe old mate is just a total numpty?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Before this guy was caught/found I like most of you assumed this was a proper ex military (SASR) sniper hit, so obviously thought it would be highly professionally executed. I even toyed with the theory the job was performed by a lone wolf vigilante who was either current or recent special forces. I pored over Google Earth trying to figure his method of undetected entry and retreat and have to admit I couldn’t really figure out how he would have done it with 100% security. So I assumed this is one very smart cookie to pull this off. And cold. I also assumed he’d obviously never be caught. Fast forward to now, and it’s clearly the handy work of a weapons grade numpty who was obviously dobbed in. Again this has left me scratching my head. Why dob him in? The million bucks? Any crim with half a brain cell left knows the terms and conditions attached to that reward could best be described as oppressive, at worst their own death warrant.I don’t know what to think anymore, could anyone actually be as stupid as the alleged sniper? Or was the alleged sniper lulled into feeling sobsecure by his handlers so he didn’t even worry about covering his tracks? This is fascinating, there will most likely be some twists and turns that will take years to come out. Maybe some deathbed confessions. There’s a lot more to this story, or maybe old mate is just a total numpty?

Have you ever met a SAS member, the stereotype you describe ?

The links on facebook?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Would have said that Special Forces may be trained to be very effective snipers but won't have any training on how to commit crimes without detection! This guy might have been well trained to commit the crime and also have no idea on escaping detection...
Maybe if he's never undertaken an assassination in Australia, he forgot about the Gold Standard of the WA/Australian Policing (WAPOL+AFP) compared to the likely lesser standard of the Iraqi or Myanmar Coppers.

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe if he's never undertaken an assassination in Australia, he forgot about the Gold Standard of the WA/Australian Policing (WAPOL+AFP) compared to the likely lesser standard of the Iraqi or Myanmar Coppers.

Good points. But surely even so he’d cover his tracks a little bit wouldn’t he? Maybe stash the bikie boat, vacuum the empty shells in the Prado or perhaps even get out of town for a few weeks? Sounds like he did the job, drove/rode 15 mins straight back home, Poured himself a glass of his own bathwater and plotted his next wake boarding adventure. Total gumby.

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Word on the street is that it was an interstate 'sniper'. Bloody good shot, that place would've been heaving. Bullet went straight thru him, they thought he'd fainted, til he said he'd been shot. Bled out in under a minute. His mate wore the bullet after it passed thru him and schrapnel hit the poor bloody kid.
One less gangster on the streets I guess, but keep the public out of your sh*t... it's grossly unfair for the innocent bystanders leftto deal with it.

I guess you know now that your word from the street isn’t accurate at all. You might wonder why you were told this or why you told us...

Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it just me am i seeing things or.. because it looks like its also just been deleted/taken down now too..

*Edit disregard its was me seeing things its still posted.

Last edited:

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Some of the prisoners at Acacia had internet access. Even when some phones were found there were clearly others that they retained. BJ must be at a different prison but it seems they can also access the net.

Mar 19, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some of the prisoners at Acacia had internet access. Even when some phones were found there were clearly others that they retained. BJ must be at a different prison but it seems they can also access the net.
i would imagine he just gave his lawyer or close friend his login details. cant imagine him having internet access where he is.

Back