Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see he has finally been held accountable.

At the same time I don't want to see him being the medical sub as that achieves nothing. I take it we have a game in the twos this week, let him play there and work on his game, demand selection over a number of weeks as the current output is easily match by Aarts. Maybe he comes back a better player, maybe his speed advantage over Aarts is the only thing that ends up keeping him in the team or maybe even neither of those two are options and we are better off playing another midfielder with Edwards and Bolton spending more time forward. Now is the time to find out.

Glad to see he has finally been held accountable.

At the same time I don't want to see him being the medical sub as that achieves nothing. I take it we have a game in the twos this week, let him play there and work on his game, demand selection over a number of weeks as the current output is easily match by Aarts. Maybe he comes back a better player, maybe his speed advantage over Aarts is the only thing that ends up keeping him in the team or maybe even neither of those two are options and we are better off playing another midfielder with Edwards and Bolton spending more time forward. Now is the time to find out.
Happy to eat humble pie on this one
Hopefully a stint in the 2’s is just what he needs to play his way back into form
I still believe he is in our best side and brings to the table things that none of our other smalls can

Oh wow, a few were talking about the MC and how Rioli floats on air.......well, does that mean I’m a year ahead?
finally they made a call on Rioli. Edit, finally we got validated with our criticism.

we do have a brain.

Last edited:
Rioli doesn’t want body contact and won’t fly in marking contests anymore because he’s scared. That kind of soft.
And egg likes body contact?....putting a lot of faith in young arts , and a lot of faith in the scrambled egg

I don’t mind supporters criticising our players but the disrespectful way people rant about Rioli on here really p****s me off.

Rioli was a very promising young player who broke his foot giving his absolute all helping us win a long hoped for premiership. Since then he hasn’t really come in the way we hoped he would.

Maybe the foot has held him back or maybe he hasn’t gone on with it for other reasons, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t get respect.

It is “Mr Daniel-three-times-Richmond-premiership-player-Rioli” to you, you pack of bozos.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And egg likes body contact?....putting a lot of faith in young arts , and a lot of faith in the scrambled egg

Sorry, where did I say anything about Egg? I’m talking about Rioli being dropped.

Now that you’ve asked for my opinion on Egg, you should know I think we completely wasted a list spot Egg. Pretty damning on Rioli that match committee thought he’d have a better impact. Really embarrassing for Rioli.

Egg is an easy out for Tigga next week.

Some pressure on Caddy this week, will need a good game.

I don’t mind supporters criticising our players but the disrespectful way people rant about Rioli on here really p****s me off.

Rioli was a very promising young player who broke his foot giving his absolute all helping us win a long hoped for premiership. Since then he hasn’t really come in the way we hoped he would.

Maybe the foot has held him back or maybe he hasn’t gone on with it for other reasons, but that doesn’t mean he does get respect.

It is “Mr Daniel-three-times-Richmond-premiership-player-Rioli” to you, you pack of bozos.

It’s the way the Rioli cult members with their holier-than-thou attitude that makes this such a cesspool. Those who criticised Rioli were called idiots or “bozos” with no idea, then wonder why we rant when we’re proven right.

In the face of some poor performances the disciples pretend he’s perfect and his flaws are all part of his role as a small forward in this squad.

Would like to see Rioli add another string to his bow. Surely he could get a few cheap and easy possessions around half back while defending. Hope they experiment with him for a couple of weeks in the vfl

It’s the way the Rioli cult members with their holier-than-thou attitude that makes this such a cesspool. Those who criticised Rioli were called idiots or “bozos” with no idea, then wonder why we rant when we’re proven right.

In the face of some poor performances the disciples pretend he’s perfect and his flaws are all part of his role as a small forward in this squad.
It didn't sit comfortably with me either. Forget that it was Rioli, people should be able to post there opinions without others trying to silence and s**t can them.

It’s the way the Rioli cult members with their holier-than-thou attitude that makes this such a cesspool. Those who criticised Rioli were called idiots or “bozos” with no idea then wonder why we rant when we’re proven right.

Honestly - both the Rioli-is-hopeless and Rioli-can-do-no-wrong posters are making the thread hard to read.

Pointing out that other people have been posting crap is not a great excuse for posting crap yourself.

- You perform when your in the ones or you drop back to the seconds to get your confidence up.
- You perform when your in the twos or you expect that your contract won’t be renewed.
- They are realities of professional football.
- None of that requires disrespect for a three time premiership winning player.

There are plenty of genuine squibs out there playing AFL (for other teams). Go troll them instead.

Fair enough if hes dropped but we literally brought no fast small forward in

how is our depth so low in this department. Ffs saints have more depth here than us

It didn't sit comfortably with me either. Forget that it was Rioli, people should be able to post there opinions without others trying to silence and sh*t can them.
Wait ... have you been posting controversial political opinions? Or just dumping on Dan Rioli? Didn’t realise we had a serious freedom of speech issue here.

Plus it’s funny when people spend their time sh*t canning Rioli complain about getting sh*t canned themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back