Preview Changes Vs Port Adelaide, round 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely O Allen isn’t being considered for ruck duties? Shoulder looked sore last weekend.

Glad JJ kept his spot. Cripps a bit lucky to stay in. Needs to polish up a bit

Hope the MC is planning on rotating that second ruck role and not just relying on Oscar.

Also XON pretty unlucky, especially to lose out to Petch or Cripps.

No complaints about doing Vardy. Langdon will get another shot at don't point but has been a bit beaten up early in his Eagles career.

Looks like port are going to unleash the tall timber up forward but I think we'll be comfortable with. Hurn can play tall when required, and Rotham is a perfect fit for Georgiadis. I'd rather that than trying to chase around a whole heap of speedy forwards all day, of which there's gonna be enough chasing anyway.

Last edited:

I'm more a fan of this happening in the WAFL. He's versatile enough to be a sub, sort of an emergency anywhere type, but hasn't shown he's an AFL standard player yet.
He's AFL standard, just not consistent, but am ok with him having a trot, as a sub, or rotation..maybe he'll surprise us? :rolleyes:
looks like he gets a gig as does Petrol again...both need to show something in this game, no weak links against Port...yeh right.
but we wait on Williams, Cameron, Oneill, Brander, Trew, Winder, and the Edwards?

Last edited:
Would have loved to hear the conversation and reasoning between Simmo, O’Neill and Petch that saw O’Neill dropped and Petch recalled
I don't mind that we're playing mids in the midfield and forwards forward unlike the Woosha days. Would just be nice if we had better forwards.

I don't mind that we're playing mids in the midfield and forwards forward unlike the Woosha days. Would just be nice if we had better forwards.
Sure but wouldn’t Ah Chee’s WAFL form warrant a spot over Petch?

Petch coming straight back into the side after apparently doing nothing in the WAFL irks me.

Why are we bringing in a young forward with pace to replace a young forward without pace against a side that can struggle against pace?

Also, according to the stat sheet he didn't play his role rd 1. Don't know what his role was but he didn't do it

Petrucelle has to make an impact or Langdon will get another game. Both would know that they lose out to Rioli unless they can really turn it on. Hopefully Cameron can build some form and make an impact of Langdon and Petch don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, the AFL app is deceiving with the ins and outs by not showing an unplayed injury sub coming into the 22 as an In.

My bad.

I’m still outraged though for a good reason, I’m sure.
Yeah each team now has one more out than in, it's ******* stupid. That's why you're outraged, and rightly so

Don't see how and why Petch deserves a game. Unless he tags a HBF he adds no value.
Need a solid game. Would really rather we played Langdon who is a much more complete player.

Don't see how and why Petch deserves a game. Unless he tags a HBF he adds no value.
Need a solid game. Would really rather we played Langdon who is a much more complete player.
I may have agreed until I saw that instance last week when the ball was kicked for Langdon to run on to and he was overtaken easily by two opposition plays. You cannot have small, slow small forwards who rely on work rate alone

Is it fair to say two of our recruits in Witherden and Langdon have been really underwhelming this year?

Witherden can't get a game and Langdon has been awful.

Early days but they've really disappointing so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back