The on topic thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff. See A League, expand platform to give teenagers/youngsters a chance and we can see more of this

But they are doing that which is precisely why that transfer is happening?

Should definitely push to 14 teams soon and bring in transfer fees between a league clubs to encourage more youth development though.

But they are doing that which is precisely why that transfer is happening?

Should definitely push to 14 teams soon and bring in transfer fees between a league clubs to encourage more youth development though.
I was trying to say that was a result of 12 team expansion and teens like Koul getting more of a chance and keep going, probably didn’t word it the best

Having managed a side to a Top 4 finish in the PL with no signings? Somehow think that's a bit harsh mate.
They were third the previous season, still had a lot of talent and one of the highest wage bills.

They were third the previous season, still had a lot of talent and one of the highest wage bills.

Hadn't they just sold Hazard when he took over?

He integrated guys like James, Abraham, Mount and others into the side, so not as if he just took the XI that came 3rd the previous season and got the same result.

He integrated guys like James, Abraham, Mount and others into the side, so not as if he just took the XI that came 3rd the previous season and got the same result.
He still had one of the most expensive squads. Spent a shitload off season and didn’t work. Other Premier league teams won’t come knocking.

He still had one of the most expensive squads. Spent a shitload off season and didn’t work. Other Premier league teams won’t come knocking.

So basically "Yeah I'll ignore the points you made" :p

He benched a lot of those expensive players and was essentially sacked for doing so.

He finished Top 4 ahead of sides like Spurs, Leicester and Arsenal, I'd say he did ok.

One of those is not like the others. 🦀

So basically "Yeah I'll ignore the points you made" :p

He benched a lot of those expensive players and was essentially sacked for doing so.

He finished Top 4 ahead of sides like Spurs, Leicester and Arsenal, I'd say he did ok.
James and Mount would have came good regardless, certainly Mount at least

So just on my point again ...do you think a Premier League team will come knocking?

James and Mount would have came good regardless, certainly Mount at least

So just on my point again ...do you think a Premier League team will come knocking?

Ok, so he doesn't get credit just cos they would have come good? Bit of a weak argument mate.

Maybe put aside the blinkers.

Ok, so he doesn't get credit just cos they would have come good? Bit of a weak argument mate.

Maybe put aside the blinkers.
So for a third time do you think a Premier League team would take him? I mean why not for a guy who just 8-9 months ago got his his team in top 4?

So for a third time do you think a Premier League team would take him? I mean why not for a guy who just 8-9 months ago got his his team in top 4?

Uh I just answered that.

Newcastle have an owner with no ambition. Staying up to skim the cream off the top is all he cares about

Might be controversial, but even someone like Soton or Leicester would look at him if they lost their current managers.

I think ultimately he was sacked for losing the dressing room and not bedding new signings quickly enough (not that Werner is looking much better since he's gone), not because he lacked the ability to get a team organised which he demonstrated in his first Chelsea season.

But they most likely won’t. It’s back to the Champ, unusual for a guy with a recent top 4 finish.

They most likely won't? Based on what?

You asked a question, I answered it, now you're handwaving the answer.

Come on, this is a bit embarrassing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back