Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' - out vs GEEL (calf)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s gone from tough to weak

He's not fit and he's certainly not up to these tactics.

He also had a solitary 1 contested possession vs Port in 86% game time.

Wish.com Jake Stringer at the moment. I liked the move to spare man in defence to get him more involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be an interesting one to watch. Does he keep starting forward? And then drop into midfield or defence when he can't get into the game as a forward? How many times will he be made to watch that bit of play where he marked the ball tight in the pocket and turned his back on a free Charlie Lazarro? If we bring in a second tall like Xerri it will, hopefully anyway, straighten up our forward line and take a bit of pressure off Larkey and Zurhaar (in theory at least).

Ol' sweaty pig Ling had a good little sound bite regarding Zurhaar on the radio during the game.

Paraphrasing but essentially he said that Z has all the tools except for the football brain, is a little too obsessed with the idea of "I crash packs and hurt blokes" and not the game of football as a whole.

He looked good behind the ball against the Dogs.

I don't mind the idea of using him down there in patches as his ball use is really good and he attacks the contest with intent. It's also a really good way to get him into the game, good for his confidence to feel the leather in his hands.

As much as he looked good behind the ball...so do almost all of our other forwards. At some point we need forwards who can find the pill and kick goals.
Shame about 666 otherwise we could have followed Buddha Hocking's lead when he was coaching Peel:

Absolutely has been drinking his own bathwater.

Spends all game:
1. mouthing off
2. cheap shot little hits
3. Flying from the stands for a mark;

rather than focus on just getting the *en ball and helping his teammates.

His total inability to impact a contest stands out horribly for a so-called "bull" like player.

I don't want to see another interview from him until he starts delivering.

First 2 points I thought you were describing your recent posting.
Absolutely has been drinking his own bathwater.

Spends all game:
1. mouthing off
2. cheap shot little hits
3. Flying from the stands for a mark;

rather than focus on just getting the *en ball and helping his teammates.

His total inability to impact a contest stands out horribly for a so-called "bull" like player.

I don't want to see another interview from him until he starts delivering.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back