Review Round 3 vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (02.04.21 - 6:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actual fuming; but you gotta take your chance in front of goal! When Adelaide are 8.2.50 and we are 5.9.39 it hurts so much.

Now to the major problems; No talls. Surely Hombsch and Graham can earn their money, We may Need Luko or Charlie in the forward line now to be a presence

Can't get to angry on bombing it in or anything like that since we just don't have the players available to do anything different. Didn't get to see Macpherson, Ainsworth, Markov, Sexton "Speed" at all.

Bad luck guys, Witts injury hurts but not sure it was the difference. 2 tough road games in 3 weeks. Eagles always tough to beat at home and the Crows aren't the same team as last year. An honourable loss means SFA to a supporter, but, you didn't get blown away in either loss.

Confident that you will still be able to make finals this year and improve on that going forward, as long as you keep these young developing players together.

Look on the bright side, at least your not Essendon, or worse, Norf!

Actual fuming; but you gotta take your chance in front of goal! When Adelaide are 8.2.50 and we are 5.9.39 it hurts so much.

Now to the major problems; No talls. Surely Hombsch and Graham can earn their money, We may Need Luko or Charlie in the forward line now to be a presence

Can't get to angry on bombing it in or anything like that since we just don't have the players available to do anything different. Didn't get to see Macpherson, Ainsworth, Markov, Sexton "Speed" at all.
Graham should come in. He is great 1v1 and we need that cause Collins was destroyed tonight

Could be another tough long season.
Lost to the wooden spooners.
Mentally we are weak when it matters.
Injury toll is huge.
Many players have not improved.
We are probably not a quality side this year.

We have a crack but we aren’t good enough.
Last season is honestly irrelevant.

This same Adelaide team beat Geelong by 12 and they made the GF last year.

Losing Witts was the difference between winning and losing. Our lack of ruck back up with Smith and Conroy down is going to really hurt us this season.

Best to just put this one behind us and look forward I think. :$ Too many negatives to bother with.

Although, I do sincerely hope this style of looking sideways and backwards at every opportunity in lieu of moving it forward was some temporary thing to counter the Crows rebound or something.

Those misses in the first half, it always comes back to bite you. And it did. Gotta convert your chances.

Witts going down seemed to be the turning point, even if Holman snapped 2 goals from his injury.

Have to have someone to shut down Tex. Collins really should have done better.

Those misses in the first half, it always comes back to bite you. And it did. Gotta convert your chances.

Witts going down seemed to be the turning point, even if Holman snapped 2 goals from his injury.

Have to have someone to shut down Tex. Collins really should have done better.
Glen Jakovich wasn't stop Tex tonight, Collins was poor but Tex is in an incredible vein of form

One step back on our painful journey. Crows deserved the win. We are wounded.

Negatives
I am most disappointed with the second quarter. We looked cooked. Our early domination in clearances turned into exactly the opposite. Yes, we had a tough schedule, Perth trip, two six days breaks but that was a terrible performance. Dew probably gave them spray in halftime and the rest of the game was on again.

Collins was disappointing. Tex played great but jeez some terrible mistakes from Collins.

Yes, Brodie looks done. He just does not have a tank especially after taxing schedule and he shows lack of urgency.

Witts injury.

Some players struggled to perform.

Positives
The start was great.

Burgess :)

Holman gives it all.

Next game
We got 8 days break to recharge and regroup. Carlton will travel on 6 day break. For some reason, I believe we have a good chance to win it at home.

One step back on our painful journey. Crows deserved the win. We are wounded.

Negatives
I am most disappointed with the second quarter. We looked cooked. Our early domination in clearances turned into exactly the opposite. Yes, we had a tough schedule, Perth trip, two six days breaks but that was a terrible performance. Dew probably gave them spray in halftime and the rest of the game was on again.

Collins was disappointing. Tex played great but jeez some terrible mistakes from Collins.

Yes, Brodie looks done. He just does not have a tank especially after taxing schedule and he shows lack of urgency.

Witts injury.

Some players struggled to perform.

Positives
The start was great.

Burgess :)

Holman gives it all.

Next game
We got 8 days break to recharge and regroup. Carlton will travel on 6 day break. For some reason, I believe we have a good chance to win it at home.
We bring the same effort as tonight we beat Carlton. They don't have the same level of pressure we saw from the Crows IMO.

Crows have improved a bit so I wouldn't let the fact they won the spoon last year concern you too much. Your guys fought the game out really well given you were down a ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird and Sloane showed Swallow and Miller what was required. And thats hard on Miller, you can say that brodie was worse, but they are our C and VC and they just got showed up by last years wooden spooners. Sexton and Ainsworth were non existent tonight. Flanders has to play next week, as does Corbett.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

We bring the same effort as tonight we beat Carlton. They don't have the same level of pressure we saw from the Crows IMO.
Yeah, credit to Crows. They brought the contest for the most of the game. AO is also a vicious environment to play in. I wish one day Metricon would be the same but I am pretty sure it will never happen.

Yeah, credit to Crows. They brought the contest for the most of the game. AO is also a vicious environment to play in. I wish one day Metricon would be the same but I am pretty sure it will never happen.
Doesn’t help having every team play at Metricon often last year. Now they all know how to play Metricon

I have been a brodie fan from when he played his first game but I can't keep hoping for something that ain't coming. Probably writing on the wall when we tried to ship him off last year and no one would touch him. Anyway bring on Alex davies for a debut and give us some new hope

Said before he cherry picked a goal. MacPherson has done very well carving a career through courage and the ability to find the ball. However he has a poor goal kicking record and makes clangers that would make a qafl player blush. To move ahead the club has to look for replacement
I thought he was also costly in his team play; the way he didn't lay shepherds or bring his player away to create space, he seemed like he wasn't thinking of how he could help teammates.

No excuses for that one..
Yes Adelaide are a better team than last year. But there is absolutely no way their rebuild should be ahead of ours.
Too many passengers. Those that were good were very good. But others were just carried.
Big shame about Witts injury.
Nobody could match with Walker who’s turned it back 5 years.
Great work from the fans behind the goals.
Made plenty of noise.
Would have been nice to get the win. All in all a great night at the footy, but I struggle to forgive the loss.

Doesn’t help having every team play at Metricon often last year. Now they all know how to play Metricon

That’s why we need the home crowd behind us and cheer squad but don’t like our chances with that

I have been a brodie fan from when he played his first game but I can't keep hoping for something that ain't coming. Probably writing on the wall when we tried to ship him off last year and no one would touch him. Anyway bring on Alex davies for a debut and give us some new hope

I’ve been a longtime supporter of Brodie he’s had his chances now it’s time to cut him he’ll be one of those guys who kills it in lower level but can’t make it at top level

I think people need to calm down , look at Harbrow and Burgess, BF said they're crap before Adelaide game . I will keep Brodie . As for Collins , he is the best intercepted defender not a 1:1 best , ask Ballard play 1:1 on Tex.

Alex Davies would be an automatic improvement over Brodie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back