Review Dogs 167 slaughter Roos 39 - Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It's his ability to absorb the main defender, the second efforts to bring the ball to ground/harrass and tackle, provide the link up target in between the arcs and from what I've seen he's hitting targets across the park (especially inside 50).

He may not have got the chocolates but Naughton is the reason why our 2nd/3rd talls are now finding the ability to damage the scoreboard. Bruce is taking the 2nd defender (often who wants to play a more intercepting rather than accountable role) and then English who is getting mismatches every time he goes forward.

His work rate is outstanding and I had him as one of our better players tonight. He really is the key plank inside 50 for us.
Some wag criticised Naughton for his lack of second efforts and lackof game awareness last week.
LOL

That Naughton effort today was Biggsian.

Oh, and the 167 points we scored tonight was the same score we achieved when we belted Richmond by 115 points in 2006.

One of my favourite games ever. Glad I was there for it. Gosh, 15 years ago...

Some wag criticised Naughton for his lack of second efforts and lackof game awareness last week.
LOL

His second efforts are brilliant. I don't understand anyone who would criticise what he does off the ball. VDM and Smith should have kicked goals after his efforts to bring ball to ground and tackle.

I'd say for a KPF he is elite in terms of pressure and what he does when the ball goes to ground. So quick to regain his feet and get involved.

Plus his work rate up the ground allows Bruce to take the weaker defender (And English to take a much shorter opponent) closer to goal.

It's why I continually bang on about why he shouldn't be moved back. To me he gets involved in so many of our scoring chains plus takes the best defender.

Will Gardner's injury now mean Naughton moves back?
If it was my call I'd be tempted, especially against Brisbane but I don't think MC will do that.

But why though?

Neale is playing injured and Big O probably misses again.

Shouldn't we look to smash them in the middle and have Naughton cause problems up forward? Allowing Bruce the freedom he is seeming to enjoy.

Will Gardner's injury now mean Naughton moves back?
If it was my call I'd be tempted, especially against Brisbane but I don't think MC will do that.
I don't think they will they given the chemistry that appears to be developing amongst Naughts, Bruce and Timmy. Whoda thunk we'd have a fwd line that has chemistry:openmouth:...and 3 marking talls:openmouth::openmouth:. Having said that, it's an option if a couple of opposition talls with regular supply are getting hold of us during the course of a game. Conditions (wind and rain..or both) at Ballarat might yet determine if we replace Gardner with a tall option. If it's good conditions, I'd say we'll go with a tall that isn't Naughts. Hard to pick which one though. Bad weather conditions that don't suit Brisbane's talls and we may opt not to go tall at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play of the match about half way through the first. Camera zooms into a mum in the stands who screams excitedly in baby/toddler's face. Kid gets a fright and slaps her fair across the face! Camera cuts off and noone says anything!
giphy.gif

LOL

He was? Im loving him with a heap of space across the half forward line, he is a bull around the ground ball if hes not marking it. He can take a pack mark sure, but he is wasted closer to goal

Happy Bruce Friday to you all. Very enjoyable day, proud of the whole club and rapt for Brooooooo-see, the chanting equalled Bay 13's chants for Merv. My calls all last year for Bailey Dale have been totally vindicated too! Was almost nostalgic seeing Easton & JJ out there, hopefully they each get a second medal. My old man also screamed out "BIGGSIE!!!!" with Naut's fourth and fifth efforts. Just a great day!

I’d be concerned if I was Hall, Polec, Atley, Walker and Turner at years end. Gonna be another big culling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back