Preview 2021 Rd 3, Richmond Tigers V Sydney Swans. Saturday April 3, 1.45 Post Meridiem. And you can have Pitura back prix….

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get how he can't get into the side
He will walk If he can't get a regular spot.

I worry about a few guys if we don't start rotating them into the side. Watching Markov last night he should have been a walk up start for Houli. Surely Ross could have come in for Rioli and have other mids with better forward craft just rest and rotate through the forward line.

Feel nervous and worried about this game.. swans playing top 8 football at the moment and destroyed two decent teams (crows playing well and the cats).. hot conditions at the G and swans run and spread on the wide open game.. huge danger game.. feel very uneasy about this one

The way I look at the Jack Ross situation is,,,its Jack Graham that's keeping him out..
If the fridge blows a gasket
Ross is the obvious replacement
We tried to play Ross Down back to give him more flexibility (didn't work ),, the fridge can kick goals as a half forward and can play defensive mid, and as we saw round 1 offensive mid,,,,,maybe in the selectors minds Ross isn't flexible enough ( just a thought)
Could he play wing like caddy-- not sure
Could he play wing /hb like picket -- not sure ...
I think second half of the year Jack Ross
Will get games when we rest, cotch, Graham, Prestia
Dusty, lambo in rotation 1 of those 5,, each week rested ,,Ross then comes in for a good run ( if fit and in form ),,,, that's my take anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worry about a few guys if we don't start rotating them into the side. Watching Markov last night he should have been a walk up start for Houli. Surely Ross could have come in for Rioli and have other mids with better forward craft just rest and rotate through the forward line.
We’re so conservative with our team selections this season. It’s not like our fringe players have been setting the world the on fire. Playing Ross, Collier-Dawkins, Dow, Ralphsmith, etc. ahead of someone like Caddy, Rioli or Aarts was not going to be the difference between us winning and losing the first two rounds.

We’re so conservative with our team selections this season. It’s not like our fringe players have been setting the world the on fire. Playing Ross, Collier-Dawkins, Dow, Ralphsmith, etc. ahead of someone like Caddy, Rioli or Aarts was not going to be the difference between us winning and losing the first two rounds.

It's hard because I don't believe in gifting games either, but some of the guys on the edge just outside of the team have done enough to get a go IMO. They still need to push someone out but surely we can look at resting and rotating some of the older guys during the season to keep them fresh for the finals. This was the perfect week to reward somebody. Egg isn't a like for like replacement for Rioli and I thought it would have been a great opportunity to have the mids with better forward craft like Lambert to spend more time there while getting Ross on the ball. Missed opportunity as we can't upset and lose Ross. As it stands he, Graham and RCD are our next generation midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back