Recommitted Josh Dunkley [contracted and staying at the Western Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

The devil is in the detail here.

Sounds like old mate Sammy Power wanted to one up Dodoro by wanting seperate deals (Treloar/Dunkley) after a deal was close and realised what he was getting.

Don’t let lies get in the way of a good story though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or just maybe Sam Power realised Dunkey who has 2 years left on his contract is an integral piece for the Bulldogs chances in 2021. And any deal that would be getting done would have to benefit the Bulldogs massively considering the club feels they are in their premiership window.

Or just maybe Sam Power realised Dunkey who has 2 years left on his contract is an integral piece for the Bulldogs chances in 2021. And any deal that would be getting done would have to benefit the Bulldogs massively considering the club feels they are in their premiership window.

Of course it would need to benefit the Dogs.

Benefitting is not asking the greatest draft hand for a single player, that is simply being greedy when a deal you wanted (via a three way trade which Power turned down) was almost reached.

Of course it would need to benefit the Dogs.

Benefitting is not asking the greatest draft hand for a single player, that is simply being greedy when a deal you wanted (via a three way trade which Power turned down) was almost reached.

Power said we was never interested in a three way trade and Guy and Dodoro just want ahead with it anyway thinking Sam power was going to panic and do it

Why focus on the selling party when you should be focusing on the buying party

Two top 10 picks for Dunkley is laughable even someone who loathes Essendon like you do.

Imagine BigFooty if the shoe was on the other foot

Picks are over rated. Proven over potential every time. What do you think the asking price for Merrett will be? If you match it will be 2 top 10 picks.

First of all, not many Essendon supporters are actually criticising Power. Both sides win out of not doing the trade. Even Dunkley wins. If the trade was done for Power's asking price, Dogs would have been the only winners. It's not a criticism of what he is asking for. Rather, it is being realistic about our position and why we couldn't give what he asked for.

Most Essendon supporters are sick of Dodoro's time-wasting and posturing when all of us know (including Dodoro) that we were never getting the first rounder for Fantasia so he does get criticised for it.

If Bulldogs wanted a future first, then they could have accepted Collingwood's future first. There was a deal on the table that would have landed Dogs a future first, Treloar and enough points to match JUH. if Dogs considered that, then Collingwood + Essendon could have added to the offer to get the deal over the line. But Dogs wanted to do both trades separately and cut any negotiations for a 3-way trade, which is when we removed ourselves from the situation. Again, this is not criticising Dogs.

There's no way we can afford to offer a future first when Daniher, Fantasia, Saad and McKenna all leave. Plus we have probably the most injury-prone squad in the league. Even Dunkley for our future first on its own would have been too much.
Why do bombers supporters keep bringing this deal up? It’s embarrassing for you. It was literally never going to happen. Why would we have given Josh away for half of our asking price just to make a fanciful three way deal work to help the Pies save face when we could get Adam for literally nothing?

Why do bombers supporters keep bringing this deal up? It’s embarrassing for you. It was literally never going to happen. Why would we have given Josh away for half of our asking price just to make a fanciful three way deal work to help the Pies save face when we could get Adam for literally nothing?
I literally said I'm not criticising Bulldogs. I'm just saying a future first was offered.

I literally said I'm not criticising Bulldogs. I'm just saying a future first was offered.
I understand that, wasn’t specifically calling you out. Sorry.

I’ve just seen it so often in this thread as a way for Bombers fans to assume they appeased the bulldogs but we knocked them back because of some sort of Dodoro vendetta.

The 3 way deal was never going to happen considering we paid the equivalent of approx pick 62 for Treloar in totality.

Looking at where the doggies are and how they are playing compared to Essendon

Why the hell would Dunkley want to leave

And at this stage, Essendon themselves are probably glad they didn’t do the deal more

I would disappointed if we werent seriously asking the question.

Not sure what a trade looks like from our end though?

Clearly our first rounder wont be enough on its own and not sure what players we would be willing to part with that the Dogs would want.

Edit: we do have 3 2nd rounders that we could use to trade up but thats a long shot.
Wow Dunkley in your side would be huge, could add to a seeminly good rivalry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I've said. Dunkley is a very good player who has had half an elite year.

You mean apart from the fact that Merrett has been elite every year Dunkley's been on an AFL list? Using career stats as a gauge is kinda stupid, as shown by your example.

I may be biased, but c'mon. So are all the Bulldog supporters in this thread
Thats the thing, im finding it hard to see that you obviously dont, its not just Bulldogs people saying the gap is very small.

Last edited:
******* LOL

To put it simply, offering up Jason Horne/Josh Sinn/Arlo Draper + one of our three first founders from last year is overs.

That sort of price is put on the top echelon of players in the league. Contracted or not it was a kings ransom.

To put it simply, offering up Jason Horne/Josh Sinn/Arlo Draper + one of our three first founders from last year is overs.

That sort of price is put on the top echelon of players in the league. Contracted or not it was a kings ransom

Imagine giving up Cox and Horne. Would have been a horrible mistake.

That sort of price is put on the top echelon of players in the league. Contracted or not it was a kings ransom.

The way North Melbourne are going Jason Horne will be selected by them with their number 1 pick

The way North Melbourne are going Jason Horne will be selected by them with their number 1 pick

Potentially, still think they could beat us. They’ve outplayed us the last two times but we’ve pulled some goals from nowhere to snatch the wins.

Dunkley was spotted at Marvel today in the Essendon rooms. He was so in awe of how the mighty Bombers dismantled the Saints in front of the 30k crowd, that he walked up to Rutten in tears and said "just get me here".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back