Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Daniel Motlop's kid draft age already? fu** I'm getting old.
Your age by comparison to Football players:

Young - I want to be drafted!
Young adult - Ok, I'm draft age and not drafted
Youngish adult - There are players my age
Not a young adult - There aren't any players younger than me
Early middle aged - Players I watched when younger now have kids on list
Mid/Late middle aged - My kids could be drafted
Old - My kids are older than any players

We need to win a flag real soon or we'll be drafting players who weren't born when we won our last one...

I was well into my 40s before I finally accepted I would never be a Port Adelaide premiership player

When I was younger we were close family friends with the Meads. In '95 Darren didn't have kids yet and after the winning GF he grabbed me from the crowd on the lap of honour and I got to go into the rooms and get involved in the very non-PG song singing and celebrations. I was 13 at the time. It was still nearly 5 years before he had a kid, now not only has he got a kid, but 2, and both have played for us. That's something that reminds me of how old I am now everytime I see pics of Jackson.

Recruiting teams across the nation will have their work cut out when underage action returns in 2021.

With just hours until the first bounce of the AFL season, it means there isn’t long until the elite young talent is also running around in front of scouts.

Early discussions among recruiting circles is that this year’s draft pool is set to be full of midfielders at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT Adelaide will get a close look at father-son prospect Jase Burgoyne when the talented midfielder joins the club for a week of training this month as part of his NAB AFL Academy program.

The Power will also have potential No.1 pick Jason Horne training with the club, which his step-father Fabian Francis played 86 games for as an original member of the AFL line-up.

Burgoyne, the son of 2004 premiership player Peter and brother of currently-listed Port player Trent, impressed last season at under-18 level for Woodville West Torrens. Horne, meanwhile, shapes as a very early selection after starring in 2020 and graduating to South Adelaide's senior side.

The 21 members of the NAB AFL Academy squad have been assigned clubs at which they will train and take part in the full AFL program to better prepare them for the top level.

Mark played with his cousin Michael (Jnr) back in the days, if I remember correctly. Was he the son of Wally? Bit of an age difference if he is.
Short, blonde haired, mid/half forward type?

Michael was like his Dad - tall and rangy KPP. Never made the most of his talents. Michael (Snr) kicked 9 goals in one SANFL game around 1970'ish.

Not overly relevant, but old mate Chris Dittmar's old man was Alan Dittmar who played in the early 1950's.
Wallace (Wally), Alan and Michael (snr) were apparently brothers, albeit their playing careers spanned across more than 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back