Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this slamming of FiveAA is hard to understand. Over the years some of my happiest moments have come from listening to the aftermath of a crows loss. Pure joy at times.
Hopefully another one to come on Friday night - it'd make it Good Friday in more ways than one. Go Suns!!!

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
The headline for this week's Camry Crows' Newsletter by Ambassador Wrinkles. We blew winning the wooden spoon.l

"But when you attack the SANFL, as Port has done this week, it is attacking the very hand that fed and nurtured it over the decades"

He is truly delusional if he thinks the SNAFL ever nurtured the PAFC.

Screenshot_2021-04-03-10-00-32-036.jpeg

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
The headline for this week's Camry Crows' Newsletter by Ambassador Wrinkles. We blew winning the wooden spoon.l

"But when you attack the SANFL, as Port has done this week, it is attacking the very hand that fed and nurtured it over the decades"

View attachment 1092764

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wrinkles simply plays a character that appeals to a boomer audience on boomer mediums where Port are the villans and the lovely boys, born of your Souths and Westies and Double Blues are of pure free settler stock. Him, his mediums and his audience will die out soon enough.

People like Eddie McGuire are far more damaging to our football club.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

View attachment 1092764

nixo.jpg

"I'm with Ports 100% on this"

Did he say this? I don't read much news.

Yes, just smartly hidden in an article on their website that doesn't draw attention to it. Like good little boys.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda

View attachment 1092764
Conveniently ignores his own club's coach backing Port's stance.
"It's all Port's fault".
I actually agree with a couple of the points he made tbh, but the vitriolic rhetoric tends to camaflouge any sensible discourse, as per usual.
Back to your aged care home, old fella.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1092764

2 days late for that mirth, granpa

View attachment 1092764

lol his reader base is literally dying, keep holding on old boy. Your time is nigh.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Conveniently ignores his own club's coach backing Port's stance.
"It's all Port's fault".
I actually agree with a couple of the points he made tbh, but the vitriolic rhetoric tends to camaflouge any sensible discourse, as per usual.
Back to your aged care home, old fella.

I can't find the article on AFCnow - maybe Wrinkles has a 'print edition first' arrangement with News Corpse to look after his demographic. What has he said that you actually agree with?

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Channel 7 in their end of match wrap up are using a live ladder from half time with the Eagles in 3rd and Port down in 5th with a percentage of 122.

Reality is the Eagles have ended up in 5th with a percentage of 124 and Port are 4th with a percentage of 129.

Can’t do 360 anymore.

Slobbo shouting and blabbering s**t. The bloke offers nothing. You could drag a barfly out of any front bar in Australia and they’d be more coherent than this campaigner.

Even Couch has turned to tripe with Lyon and Brown shouting at each other.

Lift your ******* game fox footy.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
I turn AA on from time to time.

If it's anything thst interests me, then I listen.
If not, then I tune to SEN (or ABC on weekends) straight away.

The pain of sitting thru something on AA until anything good comes on, is too much for mere mortals to bear. So I have complete empathy with robbo!!!!!!
I turned on 5AA for the first time in months on the drive home tonight at 6pm to catch the news. The voice on that bogan newsreader chick - f*ck me. I lasted two minutes.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Far out..

The SANFL nurtured Port about as well as Josef Fritzl nurtured Elisabeth

Can’t do 360 anymore.

Slobbo shouting and blabbering sh*t. The bloke offers nothing. You could drag a barfly out of any front bar in Australia and they’d be more coherent than this campaigner.

Even Couch has turned to tripe with Lyon and Brown shouting at each other.

Lift your ******* game fox footy.

I watched couch last night for the first time in probably forever. Riewoldt was offering genuine insight while Lyon and Healy just yelled at him. He kept getting cut off while talking.

He is clearly the only one in that room with a brain and actual professionalism with a relatively fresh out of the game level of knowledge. Weird saying that after the whole Schoolgirl thing. He grew up fast, particularly after the Madeline thing.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched couch last night for the first time in probably forever. Riewoldt was offering genuine insight while Lyon and Healy just yelled at him. He kept getting cut off while talking.

He is clearly the only one in that room with a brain and actual professionalism with a relatively fresh out of the game level of knowledge. Weird saying that after the whole Schoolgirl thing. He grew up fast, particularly after the Madeline thing.
I rate him as the best of the lot

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Oh boy, Mark Robinson puts Richmond's loss to Sydney down to the brilliance of Sydney's young players. He puts Port's 37 point loss in the west down to Port's big heads.

Robinson is on the money when he says our loss was down to a non existent mid field and maybe too many tall forwards but big heads? The taint of Victorian bias is always there with Robinson.

Last edited:

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh boy, Mark Robinson puts Richmond's loss to Sydney down to the brilliance of Sydney's young players. He puts Port's 37 point loss in the west down to Port's big heads.

Robinson is on the money when he says our loss was down to a non existent mid field and maybe too many tall forwards but big heads? The taint of Victorian bias is always there with Robinson.
It really comes down to same s**t, different year. Can't believe he missed that.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Yeah ridiculous. Probably a bigger slag on Wet Toast than us.

I mean yes the pathetic diving and staging of Schuey and Ryan tainted it, but that aside Wet Toast was brilliant in that first half last week.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I mean, 3 out of 4 flags buys you the ability to have down days. We have achieved three fifths of stuff all so yeh, it was our big heads.

You are only as good as your last game and the last three season should not come into it. I do not think we have big heads I think we were outplayed where it counted. Are you saying if we win this week it will be despite our big heads?

The fickleness of some supporters is amazing lose one game and we are a bunch of big heads. Don't we have enough problems with media slagging us off without having our own supporters joining the chorus?

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
You are only as good as your last game. I do not think we have big heads I think we were outplayed where it counted. Are you saying if we win this week it will be despite our big heads?

We clearly read our own press and rocked up thinking it would just happen. From the coaches selecting a 4 tall squad for the very first time in a clutch game down to the players visible efforts, it was all ego. You don't get jumped like that if you're hungry for the contest.

Am I saying its going to dictate our season? No, its one game. But that game in isolation was purely down to big heads.

Mr Experience

Southern Power fan
Apr 8, 2021
wat
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

As much as I dislike the Chief Football Wino of the Herald Sun and the whole Vic bias, the fact is that Richmond have plenty of runs on the board and come good in September.

We haven't earned any right to be big-headed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back