Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Frampton’s problem (he’s got more than one, but let me go easy on the bloke) is that he has no feel for the game. He just doesn’t have it, and he’ll never have it.

It is possible to have some level of success without this attribute (look at Josh Jenkins) but the likelihood of these guys letting you down on the big stage is high.
He's surely just the Thilthorpe seat warmer

Hopefully for a minuscule amount of time

Some of our handballing through the middle was excellent last night. I noticed a few times our players not taking the first (bad) option and waiting for something better. I also noticed our guys handballing to advantage out in front of the man instead of always directly at him like we have done in previous years. We also didn't over possess the ball and moved it on quickly.

He's surely just the Thilthorpe seat warmer

Hopefully for a minuscule amount of time
Gotta pull the trigger with RT now IMO. When Tex is in this kind of rare form its the perfect opportunity for a kid to come in and have an easier time of it.

Had a dirty day down south yesterday but showed glimpses of why we drafted him

I agree that Tex put in a match-winning performance, which ABC News described as "stellar". Good word, that, apt :).

But I think you're being a bit harsh on the mids, especially Sloane (34 possessions, 20 contested --- nothing misleading about that) who was tough as nails after a slow start and dragged the Crows back into the game.
That slow start was mysterious to me after the first two games, but RoB was well off his best until later.
In fact, I thought the game turned when Witt was injured, RoB lifted and clunked a few good grabs in defence as well. The Crows' biggest short-term problem is what to do with Frampton (5 disposals, almost no impact) and how to get Fogarty and Himmelberg up to speed.
I thought as a group their midfielders beat us easily. They had clean clearances and dominated the centre.In the first 3 games this year, it’s the spread that we were beaten at. That’s an area we need to improve as well.
Frampton gets to great positions and runs hard but continuously drops the mark. He rarely gets out marked as well but I don’t know if he’ll make it

Interesting that they didn't put him in the middle of the circle, for the gatorade shower. This was Murray's first win, albeit as a non-activated sub.

Hawthorn put their debutant in the circle in R1, despite him not being activated. Adelaide didn't do the same for Murray.

I wonder if this was an oversight, or a deliberate decision by the club?

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was he apart of the circle when they were singing the song? He probably declined going in the middle, I know i would want to wait for a game where I actually got on the field.

This is a really good point. Frampton is very good at helping to hold our forward structure and that's really helping Tex.
Framptons role sounds like a lot of my games when I played up forward, my role was to keep my defender away from our good forwards and try to not get in the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn looked like absolute fools doing it.
Agreed.

I wasn't criticising the club for not putting him in the circle, considering he played no part in the game. I was just curious about the reasoning - whether it was an accidental oversight, or an intentional decision.

I like him. I get a bit tired of his buzz words, but I enjoy his call. But I'm a big fan of BT, so I'm not really someone you want in your corner on this. I also enjoy the bias that comes through when ex-players call their club's games. Adds something positive in my view, seems to sh*t nearly everyone else to tears.
I love the BT and Richo combination. Neither take themselves too seriously and you’re a numptie if you do.

Some of our handballing through the middle was excellent last night. I noticed a few times our players not taking the first (bad) option and waiting for something better. I also noticed our guys handballing to advantage out in front of the man instead of always directly at him like we have done in previous years. We also didn't over possess the ball and moved it on quickly.
I also noticed us handballing to the back of a players head at one point (I think it was Sloane, to the back of Seeds' head). It was good for a quick giggle.

Was he apart of the circle when they were singing the song? He probably declined going in the middle, I know i would want to wait for a game where I actually got on the field.
I didn't see him, but I wasn't looking for him in the ring of players - I was only looking for him in the middle. I thought as they formed up that this was the same team which played in R1, then I remembered that Hinge played in R1 and this was Murray's first (nominal) win. That's why I paid attention when he wasn't getting the gatorade treatment.

The win was good, but how awesome is it to watch a good game of footy? Gee the Suns have some talent on their list, but we are more balanced with a blend of experience and kids coming through. Tex owned that forward line. Sloane led from the front. My biggest concern was our kick out from defence. We nailed it a couple of times in that last quarter, but more often we looked like our game plan was not working.
We are trying different strategies for kick outs at the moment. Some worked some didn't. Better than just a 50m kick to the ruckman on the right regardless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back