Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Well at one stage he went in the middle and did more than what ROB had managed to do all game to that point.
Sadly, that points out how ordinary ROB has been the last 2 weeks. That was also against Burgess, not Witts.

I wonder how Nicks and the coaches will review that first 15 minutes? 10 scoring shots to 2 plus a goal disallowed and one of the misses was from 10 metres. Could have been all over.

Sloane got the next centre clearance and really willed himself on the contest from that point on, dragging our midfield with him.

Our defenders lifted their intensity after being led to the ball and reactive early. We conceded 10 scoring shots from the first 13 I50 entries... and only 13 from the next 45 for the rest of the game.

Rowe telling Tex twice to basically f*ck off when he wanted the backwards kick in the last minute was hilarious.
To be fair to Tex, he's in the kind of form where he legitimately thought the he could score from back there 🤣 I'd probably back him to do it at the moment, actually 😛

I just love how Tex gives it to the opposition😄

That stoush they all had at one of the breaks, some players are trying to break it up and move the groups apart but Tex goes around the other side of the Suns to keep it going and get in their face

He’s just a big passionate kid😄

A win is a win. So can't take that away.

Good: character to fight the game out.

Bad: beaten badly in contested ball at times.

Ugly: it really was a game we were lucky to be still in at quarter time. Could have easily kicked 8 goals and killed the game before quarter time was even out.

Our tackling was worse again. Missed alot of tackles that killed us. Not sure whether a few players have got a bit cute and stopped trying to do the pressure acts as well.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder how Nicks and the coaches will review that first 15 minutes? 10 scoring shots to 2 plus a goal disallowed and one of the misses was from 10 metres. Could have been all over.

Sloane got the next centre clearance and really willed himself on the contest from that point on, dragging our midfield with him.

Our defenders lifted their intensity after being led to the ball and reactive early. We conceded 10 scoring shots from the first 13 I50 entries... and only 13 from the next 45 for the rest of the game.
I think a few players all over the ground will be told their efforts and decision making were poor in that first quarter. And again after half time. I would like to see some players dropped after this week. We need to set the standard that sub par performances even in a win is unacceptable

I don't think they'd be overly happy with the start to 3 quarters TBH.

We should have been out of it after 10 minutes

Yep but he could be a statue and compete better than Billy did out there last night

we basically played 1 short , winning move was getting Billy off and Berry deep for when game was there to be won
Framptons a one trick pony ....can take a mark, but no better than Himmelberg

Once the balls in Framptons hands his reaction times are too slow ......he has no footy IQ

I think a few players all over the ground will be told their efforts and decision making were poor in that first quarter. And again after half time. I would like to see some players dropped after this week. We need to set the standard that sub par performances even in a win is unacceptable

Not many put their hands up yesterday, as in they were very poor against South.

I'd pick RT for Frampton, and maybe Hately as the sub to give Murray a run in the 2s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we need to make changes... none of the reserves players really put their hand up yesterday

Which means... :oops:

Apart from Frampton, it was ROB that frustrated me the most ......his rucking was horrible, no strategy with his tapping .....if you can call what he does tapping

His attack on the ball at throw in's and in the air for marks, was half hearted ......no real puposeful intent

McPherson having a typical 2nd year blues ....just looks off the pace ATM

Thought Hamill was much better ...and Ned starting to have an influence

Lots of things to improve upon ......but the Crows intent and never give-up attitude is praiseworthy

So we need to make changes... none of the reserves players really put their hand up yesterday

I'm not unhappy with our top picks earning their spots ......is Talia back this week or week after ?

Think the North game would be a good opportunity to bring in Thilthorpe for Frampton .....we don't lose out on that change

I look forward to Mackay cementing himself as the key forward to lead this rebuild for the next decade.

Apart from Frampton, it was ROB that frustrated me the most ......his rucking was horrible, no strategy with his tapping .....if you can call what he does tapping

His attack on the ball at throw in's and in the air for marks, was half hearted ......no real puposeful intent

McPherson having a typical 2nd year blues ....just looks off the pace ATM

Thought Hamill was much better ...and Ned starting to have an influence

Lots of things to improve upon ......but the Crows intent and never give-up attitude is praiseworthy
His tap work in the 2nd quarter where we made a come back was more to advantage of our midfielders.

I think he’s saying...prepare for the Return of The DMac!
I maintain any selection of dmac should be a emergency only. It was bad to select him against Sydney. We are either in a rebuild in playing for finals. Thilthorpe was selected at pick 2 because he proved that he should be playing afl. Not sitting in the reserves. May as well just pump games into him and if he falters then put him back to reserves. As for any of the others I guess do we want to pump games into them or just select ok form.

Can Frampton ruck effectively?

Notice in the forward line Tex, not Frampton, did a lot of the rucking.

Yes, he probably can play deep forward. Frankly, if you are playing deep forward you are the to win a contest, not nullify it. I have trouble remembering Frampton winning a contest in the last 2 matches.
Tex takes the ball-ups closer to goal as they are trying to turn him into a Hawkins who uses his body... but not the boundary throw ins & those further away from goal.

I maintain any selection of dmac should be a emergency only. It was bad to select him against Sydney. We are either in a rebuild in playing for finals. Thilthorpe was selected at pick 2 because he proved that he should be playing afl. Not sitting in the reserves. May as well just pump games into him and if he falters then put him back to reserves. As for any of the others I guess do we want to pump games into them or just select ok form.

I wasn’t happy to see DMac picked vs Sydney but I’m heartened that as soon as Kelly and Brown came back he was dropped

He used to get into the team then we’d adjust other players’ roles to keep him in. Right now he’s clearly straddling the line

Last edited:
His tap work in the 2nd quarter where we made a come back was more to advantage of our midfielders.
Frampton's ruckwork was actually better than his forward work...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back