List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I’d say he has gone another level, plus accumulators are exactly who win brownlows. He’s much better than Angus for example, who was top 2-3 one year.

I rate him, I get why people might not though

I think the biggest thing for gold coast was that Weller wanted to play for them and they had been in a constant cycle of recruiting top tier talent only for it to walk out the door a couple of years later.

While pick 2 is high, I don't think gold coast would regret the decision for a second. Brayshaw's brother was already at Melbourne, LDU, Dow and Cerra all had question marks about whether they wanted to go interstate. Now it would have been a great trade if Gold Coast could have downgraded that first to say pick 6 and an early second rounder and got freo to accept pick 6. Freo were absolute in wanting pick 2 however.

In a lot of ways it's a win/win trade.

I think the biggest thing for gold coast was that Weller wanted to play for them and they had been in a constant cycle of recruiting top tier talent only for it to walk out the door a couple of years later.

While pick 2 is high, I don't think gold coast would regret the decision for a second. Brayshaw's brother was already at Melbourne, LDU, Dow and Cerra all had question marks about whether they wanted to go interstate. Now it would have been a great trade if Gold Coast could have downgraded that first to say pick 6 and an early second rounder and got freo to accept pick 6. Freo were absolute in wanting pick 2 however.

In a lot of ways it's a win/win trade.
Yeah I get their reasoning

I’d say he has gone another level, plus accumulators are exactly who win brownlows. He’s much better than Angus for example, who was top 2-3 one year.

I rate him, I get why people might not though
I liked freo taking brayshaw and cerra.both solid citizens and can play.i guess naughton wouldve been the one they missed out on from that draft but i still think if they both stay then their midfield is looking good for 10 more years

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

We're talking about the Brayshaw at Freo? I view him as a high accumulation, low hurt factor. Cerra looked better to me.

I haven't seen either of their games this year, so if he's gone to another level then fair enough.

Pretty sure I saw him kick two goals last game weaving through traffic under pressure.

That looked pretty damaging.

Not a fan of getting Cripps, pass on that for me.

HOWEVER

I would be fully in on, going hell for leather, to get Chad Warner to come home from Sydney to join our mighty Club :westcoast:.

View attachment 1088054

View attachment 1088057

Bring him home.

View attachment 1088059

Now that would be music to my ears.

View attachment 1088060
Mr Monocle I couldn't agree with you more. He is just the kind of aggressive and tough little bastard that we need.
Also while we are at it, let's screw Gold Coast over for Sharp for outside polish

Mr Monocle I couldn't agree with you more. He is just the kind of aggressive and tough little bastard that we need.
Also while we are at it, let's screw Gold Coast over for Sharp for outside polish

I've noticed that Warner isn't getting the focus or as many plaudits as the other young Swans. Because he wasn't a 1st rounder or academy kid.

Feel he would be gettable if we went hard and at this stage he wouldn't cost a 1st either. Nice Cripps replacement as he's hitting 30 soon.

Andy Brayshaw is now coming on as the player most rated so highly when he was drafted.

Both him and Cerra suffered under spuddy Ross, but now lead Freos midfield with support from Serrong and no reliance on Natalie.

Brayshaw absolutely put on a clinic last week putting the comp on notice.

32 touches, 2 special goals (should've been 3 but shanked one from 15m) 9 score involvements and 6 tackles from a 21yr old up against Ward, Taranto, Hopper and Kelly.

Better than Weller by the length of the Flemington. Freo vs Bulldogs mids will be actually be a tantalising matchup.

Last edited:
Had a thought about DV.

I had almost written him off but I thought about it and had also written off Pat Cummins to ever do anything for the Aussie test side either...

Heres hoping DV has a beast 2nd half of his career like Patty Cummins is.

Had a thought about DV.

I had almost written him off but I thought about it and had also written off Pat Cummins to ever do anything for the Aussie test side either...

Heres hoping DV has a beast 2nd half of his career like Patty Cummins is.
You must have gone the very early crow on Paddy then. He was still very young at 24 when he made his come back

You must have gone the very early crow on Paddy then. He was still very young at 24 when he made his come back
Id pretty much forgotten about him to be honest and the first few matches back I (amd many others) were just hoping for no more breakdowns. Never thought he'd turn out to be our no 1 bowler.

Would love DV to just get 1 or 2 games let alone win his 2nd premiership medal and a B&F

Crucially, hadn’t played in six years. Was hardly unreasonable to think the injuries may have killed his career after that much time and I still consider it something of a miracle he’s become so durable. It’s a pretty rare occurrence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crucially, hadn’t played in six years. Was hardly unreasonable to think the injuries may have killed his career after that much time and I still consider it something of a miracle he’s become so durable. It’s a pretty rare occurrence.
He was in and out of the ODI set up during the years. It's not as he was cooked for 6 years. It's not uncommon for fast bowlers to struggle with injuries. Heck Cam Green is an example but then he did the unthinkable and became a batsmen.

DV's injury is much more serious

Jack Williams 19D, 6M & 4 goals. :whitecheck:
Luke Polson 18, 5 and 5. :whitecheck::whitecheck:
Ethan Regan (WC NGA) 19, 5 and 2.
Erasmus 28 and 1 goal.
Josh Browne 27 and 2 goals. :whitecheck:

Add to that list: Corey WARNER EF 22 ( Chad Warners brother ) this kid can play.

Anyone know why Matthew Johnson didn't play for Subi ?

Jack Williams 19D, 6M & 4 goals.
Luke Polson 18, 5 and 5.
Ethan Regan (WC NGA) 19, 5 and 2.
Erasmus 28 and 1 goal.
Josh Browne 27 and 2 goals.

Are these Colts players that you have highlighted here? Regan as our NGA player, are any of our other NGA's featuring among the listed best.

Two more players worth following.

Jye Amiss, a 196cm forward kicked 6 and Kade Dittmar kicked 3.4 from 19.

Keep an eye out for two very promising young Claremont Colts players who's father have good football pedigree at both Claremont and AFL level.

Edward ALLEN ( 191cm and 77kg ) an on baller son of Hawks / Dockers Ben ALLEN.
William WOLF ( 200cm and 81kg ) a ruckman son of Docker Clinton WOLF.

Both only 17 - turning 18 this year and both playing in the Claremont Colts side today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back