Not open for further replies.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
4 plus goals up.
Against a team who were thrust into a situation that meant they suddenly were not returning to loved ones, who didn’t have more than one change of clothes, who suddenly had to forgo the home ground advantage.
WHO HAD LOST TWO IN A ROW.
Unable to convert a quarter of absolute domination to the scoreboard.
Its clearly the crabbing game plan. It’s clearly the coaching and team selection.
Its a disgrace and every CFC game day employee needs to refuse this weeks pay check.

The consensus here is that we’re a 6-10 side. We should have beaten one of the flag favourites.
So by that measure and expectation it was a very condemnable performance.
It was NOT a disgrace - unless of course you think we are a Top 4 side.

Last edited:

piepark

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2004
Ignored instructions twice to run to a position and strengthen our defence. His attitude cost us a goal that happened to also be the game.
If I was coach he wouldn’t be playing next week. That’s the difference between great clubs that play team orientated football. I’m glad it’s been highlighted in the media as he should be ashamed.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ignored instructions twice to run to a position and strengthen our defence. His attitude cost us a goal that happened to also be the game.
If I was coach he wouldn’t be playing next week. That’s the difference between great clubs that play team orientated football. I’m glad it’s been highlighted in the media as he should be ashamed.

Thanks
I didn’t see ithe article - have you got a link?

kickitolachie

Nogrey
Sep 19, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
As I saw it, we lost the game because of poor execution. It was a contest between fast play on football (us) and controlled chip around tactics leading to incisive deep kicks for the most part. Our play on game reduces time for the passes to be executed, so that more of them are poor. Fatigue adds to this. We had them for much of the game, but poor passing cost us a number of good scoring opportunities. They ground us down. Our football is better than theirs, and if we can tidy up the kicking as we win enough games to play finals, we will be difficult. It is the tidying up that is the problem. Their method will not stand up in finals. Ours will, but we have to get there.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
4 plus goals up.
Against a team who were thrust into a situation that meant they suddenly were not returning to loved ones, who didn’t have more than one change of clothes, who suddenly had to forgo the home ground advantage.
WHO HAD LOST TWO IN A ROW.
Unable to convert a quarter of absolute domination to the scoreboard.
Its clearly the crabbing game plan. It’s clearly the coaching and team selection.
Its a disgrace and every CFC game day employee needs to refuse this weeks pay check.
...and Jesus died today.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well, the loss was pretty hard to take. But what really pisses me off is that the media has managed to totally demonize CFC over the past few months. And to all those week minded fans in this place that have gone along with it, I hope you are happy.
Just one of the gems I had to endure is this. " Cricket reporter Dennis Freedman tweeted: “Collingwood losing by a point after the siren is God’s gift to humanity.” Really? There are many more today, not just from fans, but journos who should know better.
Time to get some balls CFC and show the sheep who really rules the flock!
Maybe all that ‘courage’ from these so-called journos is now that Eddie is gone.

Last edited:

Swooper18

All Australian
Dec 22, 2008
South Yarra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
In a pulsating contest that was decided after the siren, Collingwood squandered their lead and the premiership points to the Brisbane Lions by 1 point, after being the most likely team to prevail, only to falter in their structures ahead and behind the play to gift the Lions a dramatic victory, courtesy of Zac Bailey, the fourth worst moment that I've ever witnessed in my existence as a supporter and club member with Collingwood. To put this into perspective, Dom Sheed takes the cake (2018 Grand Final), David Zaharakis not far behind him (2009 Anzac Day), Jason Akermanis (2002 Grand Final) with his sealing left-foot snap, and Zac Bailey consigning me to my first loss decided by a goal after the siren, an occurrence I wish to never witness ever again in my lifetime. I was motionless, lifeless and suddenly silenced. I have not felt like that in almost 12 years since Zaharakis kicked his first goal in AFL football when I was 18. This is definitely not the Easter present I wanted, nor anybody else in a Collingwood guernsey for that matter, and it will remain unclear how many victories that the Magpies can muster to make this defeat a distant memory, which will not be forgotten easily.

Collingwood's gains came from disposals by +17 (398 - 381), handballs were won by +33 (156 - 123), contested possessions had a differential of +15 (155 - 140), with hit-outs won by +59 (63 - 4), and stoppage clearances had an advantage of +7 (24 - 17), clearances were +5 (35 - 30), while Tackles Inside 50 were won by +4 (13 - 9). Brisbane had their dominance through kicks by +16 (258 - 242), uncontested possessions had a margin of +2 (241 - 239), centre clearances were won by +2 (13 - 11), while tackles had a gap of +14 (70 - 56). Uncontested marks had a differential of +23 (119 - 96), intercept possessions were +2 (80 - 78), +5 for Inside 50s (58 - 53), and Marks Inside 50 were won by +4 (11 - 7). Contested Marks (12 each) was the only category in dispute for the game.

Scott Pendlebury (30 disposals @ 73%, 271 metres gained, 13 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 17 handballs, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances & 2 stoppage clearances) created space and scoring opportunities, while linking up as a marking option with a level of regularity. Solid game from the skipper, without being dominant.

Brodie Grundy (28 disposals @ 61%, 240 metres gained, 18 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 54 hit-outs, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 5 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s) did everything in his power to will his team over the line. Clearly Collingwood's best player without question, yet despite the picnic he had at ruck contests and in general play, his teammates could not exert enough scoreboard pressure to get it done.

Isaac Quaynor (24 disposals @ 96%, 369 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 7 Rebound 50s) played a very fine game where he took intercept marks, provided run and carry and hit targets with a high degree of accuracy.

Jeremy Howe (22 disposals @ 82%, 448 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 marks, 3 Contested Marks, 7 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s, 4 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) displayed his strengths to judge aerial contests expertly, and provided excellent transition out of defence.

Jack Crisp (21 disposals @ 81%, 502 metres gained, 8 contested possessions. 13 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 2 clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) generated significant rebound off half-back once again, and made the most of his midfield stints throughout the night.

John Noble (20 disposals @ 90%, 386 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) complimented Quaynor nicely with his neat kicking game to break the game wide open or finding marking targets to maintain possession.

Jordan Roughead (20 disposals @ 100%, 304 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 3 handballs, 17 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) played his best game for the club, and loomed as the team's hero and saviour in the final term before the final goal was conceded.

Jordan De Goey (18 disposals @ 50%, 266 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 12 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) won enough of the ball to impact the contest, but lacked substance when he was either in the midfield or up forward.

Josh Daicos (15 disposals @ 67%, 271 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had enough shots at goal to be dangerous, and looked likely each time he gathered possession of the footy.

Brody Mihocek (13 disposals @ 69%, 280 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 2 handballs, 6 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 2 goals) provided an avenue to goal and chimed in with a couple of majors.

Mason Cox (12 disposals @ 42%, 209 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 9 hit-outs, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had a largely ineffective game, but stayed busy and got involved in scoring chains when he was a bit off.

Collingwood's next game will be against GWS Giants at the MCG on April 10. Plenty of lessons to learn from that loss, Collingwood. Ensure your structures in attack and defence do not falter like they did in the dying seconds against the Lions. Conversion will also be important, so don't waste crucial scoring shots either if the points are to be secured against the Giants.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So I've watched the replay. It really irks me that we can't see structure of the park on the tele - I'd really like to see that to get a gauge.

In short unforced errors could've cost us the game - again - we're not far off, clean up de, this is the biggy.

From what I can gather, especially in the first half, we are well away from 2020 structure, we're seeing more of Mason, Checkers and TheGoey presenting i50 more often. Grundy needs to be the link man down the line if (wing / hf) we can't avoid it, but pressure game dictated as such, for both teams.

We're not playing the blose here and as expected we looked to create stoppage and take advantage there, not run and carry like we could against the blose.

This is a good sign, from what I could see from kick outs i50 and d50 we weren't all the time the whole 18 in the d half without ball from bears kick in.

We ran into problems with unforced errors from opportunity, multiple times, like the last two games. Sides had a coupla howlers that would've been gimme goals - don't expect that to continue, he wasn't alone in that regard either.

Another good sign, Brodes hitouts to advantage, I suspect the panel are working on this on the training track, Jen2310 and Apples more info would be appreciated. Even though we lost bounce clearances (by 2 only) we are on the improve there, as expected smashed em on the stoppage clearances.

Seemed the whole game was played at tempo looking for the absolute security, for both sides, when in undisputed possession. There were the exceptions when both teams got good link run on that lead to score. Mainly through the corridor.

As expected, we had em in possession, we brought ball - admittedly losing contested by just two. However lost i50 by 5, again I'd put most of that down to unforced.

We've been doing this for years, as long as I can remember - win by weight of numbers, in simple terms comes back to unforced errors. Clean that up and then we're a wc team, structured completely differently, as a result we don't have the silky cattle to transition through pressure like them. Nor do the premiers by the way. Let that sink in.

To surmise, unforced DE let us down and to be fair our pressure cost the opp turnover, only for us to cost ourselves with unforced error. I think the key (or largely) is to get back to fundamental football skills. Do that and we're in the equation.

To gauge without looking at the whole park, I'd say we're only disposal efficiency away from being top 4 - barring injury.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So I've watched the replay. It really irks me that we can't see structure of the park on the tele - I'd really like to see that to get a gauge.

In short unforced errors could've cost us the game - again - we're not far off, clean up de, this is the biggy.

From what I can gather, especially in the first half, we are well away from 2020 structure, we're seeing more of Mason, Checkers and TheGoey presenting i50 more often. Grundy needs to be the link man down the line if (wing / hf) we can't avoid it, but pressure game dictated as such, for both teams.

We're not playing the blose here and as expected we looked to create stoppage and take advantage there, not run and carry like we could against the blose.

This is a good sign, from what I could see from kick outs i50 and d50 we weren't all the time the whole 18 in the d half without ball from bears kick in.

We ran into problems with unforced errors from opportunity, multiple times, like the last two games. Sides had a coupla howlers that would've been gimme goals - don't expect that to continue, he wasn't alone in that regard either.

Another good sign, Brodes hitouts to advantage, I suspect the panel are working on this on the training track, Jen2310 and Apples more info would be appreciated. Even though we lost bounce clearances (by 2 only) we are on the improve there, as expected smashed em on the stoppage clearances.

Seemed the whole game was played at tempo looking for the absolute security, for both sides, when in undisputed possession. There were the exceptions when both teams got good link run on that lead to score. Mainly through the corridor.

As expected, we had em in possession, we brought ball - admittedly losing contested by just two. However lost i50 by 5, again I'd put most of that down to unforced.

We've been doing this for years, as long as I can remember - win by weight of numbers, in simple terms comes back to unforced errors. Clean that up and then we're a wc team, structured completely differently, as a result we don't have the silky cattle to transition through pressure like them. Nor do the premiers by the way. Let that sink in.

To surmise, unforced DE let us down and to be fair our pressure cost the opp turnover, only for us to cost ourselves with unforced error. I think the key (or largely) is to get back to fundamental football skills. Do that and we're in the equation.

To gauge without looking at the whole park, I'd say we're only disposal efficiency away from being top 4 - barring injury.

Forgot to mention, especially in the first half, we outnumbered at the ball, visually so and by extension at least attempted to outnumber on the ball win.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
sadly CB - many want change for change sake.
Even if Buckley earns an extension there will be howls of protest led by the “2018 was an outlier” brigade.

And change is bad by what end? I'd argue no change is worse.

Change can be good, whether or not it is for the good remains to be proven. I surely hope not you're advocating for staying the course to nothing.

And make no mistake, no matter how much you want it to not be, 2018 WAS an outlier.

Yeah. The hits to advantage is something they have been working on during training. As usually you'd find him and some mids in the middle working on the clearance work.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
And change is bad by what end? I'd argue no change is worse.

Change can be good, whether or not it is for the good remains to be proven. I surely hope not you're advocating for staying the course to nothing.

And make no mistake, no matter how much you want it to not be, 2018 WAS an outlier.

This is a direct quote from your post that I replied to:

“if you're suggesting Nathan's exit will magically make everything right and the next coach takes us to flag then you're sadly mistaken.”

I was actually agreeing with you.

the definition of “outlier” is Melb 2018 not Coll.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
This is a direct quote from your post that I replied to:

“if you're suggesting Nathan's exit will magically make everything right and the next coach takes us to flag then you're sadly mistaken.”

I was actually agreeing with you.

the definition of “outlier” is Melb 2018 not Coll.

Yes I know you were agreeing with me spinny, maybe I incorrectly assumed you're not advocating for change.

Hence my response, no change is worse, much worse.

Not sure how you correlate melb in 2018 as the outlier, they're irrelevant to our conversation. For two seasons after 2018 and for many seasons before it Collingwood have played and structured completely differently - outlier. Not in dispute.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Yeah. The hits to advantage is something they have been working on during training. As usually you'd find him and some mids in the middle working on the clearance work.

Now if we could work on basic fundamentals like unforced errors, we might become a football team just yet. I'll expect Apples and yourself to get in the ears of the panel ;)

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
In a pulsating contest that was decided after the siren, Collingwood squandered their lead and the premiership points to the Brisbane Lions by 1 point, after being the most likely team to prevail, only to falter in their structures ahead and behind the play to gift the Lions a dramatic victory, courtesy of Zac Bailey, the fourth worst moment that I've ever witnessed in my existence as a supporter and club member with Collingwood. To put this into perspective, Dom Sheed takes the cake (2018 Grand Final), Zaharakis not far behind him (2009 Anzac Day), Jason Akermanis (2002 Grand Final) with his sealing left-foot snap, and Zac Bailey consigning me to my first loss decided by a goal after the siren, an occurrence I wish to never witness ever again in my lifetime. I was motionless, lifeless and suddenly silenced. I have not felt like that in almost 12 years since Zaharakis kicked his first goal in AFL football when I was 18. This is definitely not the Easter present I wanted, nor anybody else in a Collingwood guernsey for that matter, and it will remain unclear how many victories that the Magpies can muster to make this defeat a distant memory, which will not be forgotten easily.

Collingwood's gains came from disposals by +17 (398 - 381), handballs were won by +33 (156 - 123), contested possessions had a differential of +15 (155 - 140), with hit-outs won by +59 (63 - 4), and stoppage clearances had an advantage of +7 (24 - 17), clearances were +5 (35 - 30), while Tackles Inside 50 were won by +4 (13 - 9). Brisbane had their dominance through kicks by +16 (258 - 242), uncontested possessions had a margin of +2 (241 - 239), centre clearances were won by +2 (13 - 11), while tackles had a gap of +14 (70 - 56). Uncontested marks had a differential of +23 (119 - 96), intercept possessions were +2 (80 - 78), +5 for Inside 50s (58 - 53), and Marks Inside 50 were won by +4 (11 - 7). Contested Marks (12 each) was the only category in dispute for the game.

Scott Pendlebury (30 disposals @ 73%, 271 metres gained, 13 contested possessions, 17 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 13 kicks, 17 handballs, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goal assists, 5 score involvements, 4 clearances, 2 centre clearances & 2 stoppage clearances) created space and scoring opportunities, while linking up as a marking option with a level of regularity. Solid game from the skipper, without being dominant.

Brodie Grundy (28 disposals @ 61%, 240 metres gained, 18 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 54 hit-outs, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 5 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s)did everything in his power to will his team over the line. Clearly Collingwood's best player without question, yet despite the picnic he had at ruck contests and in general play, his teammates could not exert enough scoreboard pressure to get it done.

Isaac Quaynor (24 disposals @ 96%, 369 metres gained, 8 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 9 marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 7 Rebound 50s) played a very fine game where he took intercept marks, provided run and carry and hit targets with a high degree of accuracy.

Jeremy Howe (22 disposals @ 82%, 448 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 5 handballs, 8 marks, 3 Contested Marks, 7 tackles, 2 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s, 4 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) displayed his strengths to judge aerial contests expertly, and provided excellent transition out of defence.

Jack Crisp (21 disposals @ 81%, 502 metres gained, 8 contested possessions. 13 uncontested possessions, 9 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 3 score involvements, 2 clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 3 Rebound 50s) generated significant rebound off half-back once again, and made the most of his midfield stints throughout the night.

John Noble (20 disposals @ 90%, 386 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 5 intercept possessions, 15 kicks, 5 handballs, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 6 Rebound 50s) complimented Quaynor nicely with his neat kicking game to break the game wide open or finding marking targets to maintain possession.

Jordan Roughead (20 disposals @ 100%, 304 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 3 handballs, 17 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) played his best game for the club, and loomed as the team's hero and saviour in the final term before the final goal was conceded.

Jordan De Goey (18 disposals @ 50%, 266 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 12 uncontested possessions, 12 kicks, 6 handballs, 4 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) won enough of the ball to impact the contest, but lacked substance when he was either in the midfield or up forward.

Josh Daicos (15 disposals @ 67%, 271 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 9 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had enough shots at goal to be dangerous, and looked likely each time he gathered possession of the footy.

Brody Mihocek (13 disposals @ 69%, 280 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 8 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 2 handballs, 6 marks, 2 Contested Marks, 2 tackles, 2 Tackles Inside 50, 2 score involvements, 5 Inside 50s & 2 goals) provided an avenue to goal and chimed in with a couple of majors.

Mason Cox (12 disposals @ 42%, 209 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 7 uncontested possessions, 9 hit-outs, 9 kicks, 3 handballs, 4 marks, 1 goal assist, 6 score involvements, 4 Inside 50s & 2 goals) had a largely ineffective game, but stayed busy and got involved in scoring chains when he was a bit off.

Collingwood's next game will be against GWS Giants at the MCG on April 10. Plenty of lessons to learn from that loss, Collingwood. Ensure your structures in attack and defence do not falter like they did in the dying seconds against the Lions. Conversion will also be important, so don't waste crucial scoring shots either if the points are to be secured against the Giants.

Great review but no honourable mention for Sier?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
The consensus here is that we’re a 6-10 side, and we should have beaten one of the flag favourites.
So by that measure and expectation it was a very condemnable performance.
It was NOT a disgrace - unless of course you think we are a Top 4 side.

What are you.. a junior data entry clerk re.. the way you analyse fings and that re.. it's *en great re.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

Jen, Has Jamar started as the talls Coach?
If so have you seen any drills that are different, or any other comments on what he’s been working on.

Wagee

Debutant
Apr 26, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
People saying Thomas had a good game because he actually hit the scoreboard for once, give me a break his as useless as WHE and brown the combined 3 aren't averaging a goal between em, give the kids a game.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
People saying Thomas had a good game because he actually hit the scoreboard for once, give me a break his as useless as WHE and brown the combined 3 aren't averaging a goal between em, give the kids a game.
We continue to play 3 forwards who don’t kick goals. It boggles the mind

Roverjg

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2014
Surf Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
In a pulsating contest that was decided after the siren, Collingwood squandered their lead and the premiership points to the Brisbane Lions by 1 point, after being the most likely team to prevail, only to falter in their structures ahead and behind the play to gift the Lions a dramatic victory, courtesy of Zac Bailey, the fourth worst moment that I've ever witnessed in my existence as a supporter and club member with Collingwood. To put this into perspective, Dom Sheed takes the cake (2018 Grand Final), Zaharakis not far behind him (2009 Anzac Day), Jason Akermanis (2002 Grand Final) with his sealing left-foot snap, and Zac Bailey consigning me to my first loss decided by a goal after the siren, an occurrence I wish to never witness ever again in my lifetime. I was motionless, lifeless and suddenly silenced. I have not felt like that in almost 12 years since Zaharakis kicked his first goal in AFL football when I was 18. This is definitely not the Easter present I wanted, nor anybody else in a Collingwood guernsey for that matter, and it will remain unclear how many victories that the Magpies can muster to make this defeat a distant memory, which will not be forgotten easily.

Brodie Grundy (28 disposals @ 61%, 240 metres gained, 18 contested possessions, 10 uncontested possessions, 2 intercept possessions, 54 hit-outs, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal assist, 5 score involvements, 5 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 3 Inside 50s & 2 Rebound 50s)did everything in his power to will his team over the line. Clearly Collingwood's best player without question, yet despite the picnic he had at ruck contests and in general play, his teammates could not exert enough scoreboard pressure to get it done.

Thanks for the summary.

However what the stats reveal to me is that we over possess the ball with a negative mindset, continually kick backwards or sideways or chip kicks with an inability to maintain possession when going forward due to poor disposal skills and decision making

For example. Pendles had 30 possessions with 17 kicks but averaged 9m with each possession. Ditto for Grundy (28) at 8m per possession, Sidey (28) at 11m, Madgen (12) at 8m and Mayne (15) just under 9m.

Grundy won hitouts 63-4. But only won hitouts to advantage by 5.

Pies midfielders had 10 tackles (Crisp 1, De Goey 0). BL midfielders had 26.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

mwhop

All Australian
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We squibbed that badly, and for oh so many familiar reasons.
But, if bear has turned the corner then things are really looking up
🐻

...and Jesus died today.
Bloody hell, how tall was he? If he’s over 193cm we might need to add him under the Father-Son-Holy Spirit rule and see if we can get him right in three days or so with our medical team. I hear he has a December birthday so Hine will be all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back