Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Rd 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Framptons a one trick pony ....can take a mark, but no better than Himmelberg

Once the balls in Framptons hands his reaction times are too slow ......he has no footy IQ
Even last night he couldn't take marks.

Pushed off the ball too easily for a supposed string guy.

Contrast that with Tex who back into two guys and used with lateral muscle strength to creat space to mark the ball.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thilthorpe and Hately? We can't reward sub par afl performances just because players in reserves played poor. I know what you are saying though you want players to earn their spot.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So you want to replace a subpar AFL player with a subpar SANFL one?

Just finished watching the match.

The Suns brought the heat and would have probably got the win if Witts hadn't gotten injured.

Good
Managing to not see spoilers despite not watching the game last night
Tex - Collossus-like performance.
Sloane - best game since 2017
Keays was very good again
Smith was excellent once again (just needs to get games like last week out of his system)
Berry got his goal
Goalkicking was better this week - apart from McHenry's set shot (LOL)
McHenry's tackle in the goalsqare in the fourth quarter. I yelled BALLLL from in front of my screen lol.
Berry's tackle on Luko that led to McHenry's goal.
Rankine. Bring him home.

Okay
Seedsman - some very good, some very bad. Frustrating player.

Bad
Frampton is done. Himmelberg in next week.
Didn't like Laird's game despite his numbers looking okay. Too many fumbles and panicked disposals
Clearance work, particularly in the first and third quarters
Brown shouldn't have played. Was struggling to cover the ground like he normally does. Poor selection.
The umpiring square up was always going to happen after our first two games

Ugly
Selection nearly cost us the match. We're totally outsized down back and it is hurting Doedee's game in particular. Dropping Murray was an abhorrent decision - Kelly actually played pretty well and should have replaced Mackay instead of Brown.
Our lack of top end talent. Our kids are good but where's our Rankine/King/Anderson/Luko? We need to start having something to show for our early picks.
ROB - Bloated Contract Syndrome. I don't care how well he played once Witts went off injured, he was disgracefully bad. Another performance like that next week and a spell in the twos beckons.

The Suns brought the heat and would have probably got the win if Witts hadn't gotten injured.

Good
Smith was excellent once again (just needs to get games like last week out of his system)
Berry got his goal
McHenry's tackle in the goalsqare in the fourth quarter. I yelled BALLLL from in front of my screen lol.
Rankine. Bring him home.

Okay

Bad
Didn't like Laird's game despite his numbers looking okay. Too many fumbles and panicked disposals
Brown shouldn't have played. Was struggling to cover the ground like he normally does. Poor selection.

Ugly
Selection nearly cost us the match. We're totally outsized down back and it is hurting Doedee's game in particular. Dropping Murray was an abhorrent decision - Kelly actually played pretty well and should have replaced Mackay instead of Brown.
Our lack of top end talent. Our kids are good but where's our Rankine/King/Anderson/Luko? We need to start having something to show for our early picks.
ROB - Bloated Contract Syndrome. I don't care how well he played once Witts went off injured, he was disgracefully bad. Another performance like that next week and a spell in the twos beckons.
If Frampton goes out there should only be one option Thilthorpe who was just fair in the SANFL but Himmelberg stunk it up big time.

Tex takes the ball-ups closer to goal as they are trying to turn him into a Hawkins who uses his body... but not the boundary throw ins & those further away from goal.
Thank you, that is what I was saying. You probably just make it sound clearer.

It's not like we played a Top 8 side remember
GCS usually start the season very well, they were well entrench in the top 8 a few years ago. Not counting the season* last year and the loss were we kicked inaccurately away against Sydney indicate our form is very good given their current game against Richmond.

Tex takes the ball-ups closer to goal as they are trying to turn him into a Hawkins who uses his body... but not the boundary throw ins & those further away from goal.
Only if it's a boundary ball in close to goal where he can outbody the opposing ruck, not for ball ups please.

If Frampton goes out there should only be one option Thilthorpe who was just fair in the SANFL but Himmelberg stunk it up big time.

Fine by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if it's a boundary ball in close to goal where he can outbody the opposing ruck, not for ball ups please.
Tex took ball-ups... which I'm not against us at least trying.... but should also depend on the opposition ruckman.

not so sure about that, their sub scored 2 goals when he came on.
I reckon Laird is one you can count on to get the ball out to a team mate in tight no matter the situation

Good
Berry got his goal
Rankine. Bring him home.

Okay

Bad

Ugly
Regarding ROB. He has been terrible the last 2 weeks. He should have a very strict handballing licence. His kicking is not AFL standard, and has been well beaten in the hitouts. Made Tom Hickey look very good last week. The biggest problem is that too much is asked of him though at the moment. He really has no help. Hopefully in the future Thilthorpe will come good and not as much will be asked him. Makes me cry every time I see Tim English playing for the Dogs, knowing we picked Gallucci ahead of him.

Have said all along that 5 years was too long for Laird, and this seasons form I haven't seen much to prove me wrong.

A couple of other things, would have added Harry Schoenberg and Jake Kelly into the good category. Kelly's best ever game that I can remember him playing. Also, would add Tom Lynch into the bad category.

Very good summation otherwise.

Regarding ROB. He has been terrible the last 2 weeks. He should have a very strict handballing licence. His kicking is not AFL standard, and has been well beaten in the hitouts. Made Tom Hickey look very good last week. The biggest problem is that too much is asked of him though at the moment. He really has no help. Hopefully in the future Thilthorpe will come good and not as much will be asked him. Makes me cry every time I see Tim English playing for the Dogs, knowing we picked Gallucci ahead of him.

Have said all along that 5 years was too long for Laird, and this seasons form I haven't seen much to prove me wrong.

A couple of other things, would have added Harry Schoenberg and Jake Kelly into the good category. Kelly's best ever game that I can remember him playing. Also, would add Tom Lynch into the bad category.

Very good summation otherwise.

Rob was named in the best on the AFL site. Thought he was well and truly beaten until their ruckman went off. This was Kelly's best ever game imo.

Rob was named in the best on the AFL site. Thought he was well and truly beaten until their ruckman went off. This was Kelly's best ever game imo.
They must watched a different game to us to think that.

Can't remember where I read it, but I believe Frampton is only competing in 7% of ruck contests. I reckon you could cover that adequately with a makeshift option and get more contribution from a better forward.

Games don’t get any worse than the one he played last night. I’m trying not to be too hard on the bloke (obviously not trying hard enough though)

One thing that struck me at the end of the game last night... was how loud the crowd was, and how that would have resonated in Lukos and Rankines ears. They could play in front of that crowd Every other week... instead of the handful of folk at the Gold Coast.

One thing that struck me at the end of the game last night... was how loud the crowd was, and how that would have resonated in Lukos and Rankines ears. They could play in front of that crowd Every other week... instead of the handful of folk at the Gold Coast.

A few umpiring decisions were what got the crowd fired up.

I liked how they were still booing the non-HTB call in the 4th even after Keays kicked the goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back