2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great signs again from the 2’s, but it makes you wonder whether some of these guys should be in the 1’s tmrw. Willy always beat us too

How Levi holds his spot is beyond belief

Looking through that footage, Stocker's running technique has completely fallen apart... what the * is the club doing?? We've tried to turn him into a ball of muscle, and have completely cooked his mobility. We really are still operating as a clown car, aren't we?

Who is our running coach, and when can we fire them? Who is advocating to stack kilos on O'Brien and Stocker, and when will we slap them around the head?

Stocker in 2018, for reference:

According to reports on Twitter, Kennedy seems to be our BOG so far this half. Playing as an inside mid, but pinch hitting up forward. I would think that he possibly comes in for Setters/Ed depending on their performance tomorrow.

Gov is being used as a 'swingman', rotating forward and down back. Obviously already kicked 2 goals, but I've seen some vision of him playing as a spare man in defence. Looks to be in good shape too.

Exciting 2nd half coming up. How good is it to have footy back, and crowds too. :hearteyes:
Watched him today. Much better half forward. Not quick, agile or strong enough to break tackles or release the ball when tackled. Beautiful set shot and strong overhead

Anyone there. Did Stocker do enough to warrant a call up?
I am biased. I would never play Stocker in the reserves. Thought he played well without dominating. Cunners had a bigger impact. Would love to see Williamson taking our kick ins. This could address our poor defensive turnover record which is the worst in the league.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the breaks I saw Philps running along the boundary line with a trainer. I can only presume it was for match conditioning after a long absence due to injury.
Assuming there were 2 required to come in to seniors next week who would be most likely? Say one on baller and one small forward or a mixture of both?

Assuming there were 2 required to come in to seniors next week who would be most likely? Say one on baller and one small forward or a mixture of both?
For impact. Cuningham and McGovern who started slow with two dropped marks. Both exceptional kicks for goal something our senior side lacks. LOB and stocker did a few good things and Honey looks dangerous as a small forward. Williamson’s decision making and execution was on show.

Our backline was very shaky in the first half with our supp list players being the culprits

For impact. Cuningham and McGovern who started slow with two dropped marks. Both exceptional kicks for goal something our senior side lacks. LOB and stocker did a few good things and Honey looks dangerous as a small forward. Williamson’s decision making and execution was on show.

Our backline was very shaky in the first half with our supp list players being the culprits

Willo, and likewise Parks before him as the only CFC listed player back there.
We haven’t drafted many defenders of late, which is needed.

How did Macreadie & Polson go?

Last edited:
#1 pick contender, a bad season the likely outcome if we have a pick that low. Jason Horne from SA the other.
Edit: & Nick Daicos

He needs to back the form off a little bit otherwise he will end up at North.

I didn’t think much of Williamson’s game. Most impact came from O’Brien, Cuningham and Kennedy, with Stocker showing glimpses. Gov got on the end of some good passes, but it was evident his conditioning needs plenty of work (on his haunches a few times end of first quarter). A much better second half performance but I didn’t think anyone dominated to bang on the selection door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back