Review Round 3 vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (02.04.21 - 6:50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bah
Deflated

but honestly if we can as a team play full 4 qtr games and have a never say die attitude and we still lose, then thats ok for me for this season given our injuries.

Get that attitude right, really test all our squad over next 5 months and see what’s what by season end.

Get ready for an angry rant, feel free to ignore or disagree

We are lazy, outworked. The Crows always had a supporting player for the outlet or a block, that isn’t talent it’s workrate

this team would be roasted in any of the football states, and rightly so but up here they will cushioned from it yet again and think they are on the right track. Sydney and the Crows have been better teams than us over our existence yet have bottomed out and already surpassed us our group screams of unrealised potential

Rant over

In my opinion we were simply outclassed last night and weren’t good enough when it counted unfortunately. Our work rate wasn’t there. The crows were relentless in the contest and used the ball cleaner. It seemed at times like we would just bomb the ball in hope to a pack. We could not win it out of the middle and also struggled in one on ones. Very disappointing as it felt it was a very winnable game and if we had have played at our best we would have won. All in all though it was worth the 8 hour drive. I met some fantastic SA based SUNS fans and enjoyed making some noise with the drum much to the distaste of the crows faithful surrounding us. The low light was nearly getting bashed on the way to my Uber once outside the stadium by a pack of drunk crows ferals luckily though it was near the cathedral and security stepped in as they were guiding traffic due to road closures.

Also fingers crossed for Wittsy, did not look good but hoping for the best. Was a massive shame to see him go down like that!

Get ready for an angry rant, feel free to ignore or disagree

We are lazy, outworked. The Crows always had a supporting player for the outlet or a block, that isn’t talent it’s workrate

this team would be roasted in any of the football states, and rightly so but up here they will cushioned from it yet again and think they are on the right track. Sydney and the Crows have been better teams than us over our existence yet have bottomed out and already surpassed us our group screams of unrealised potential

Rant over
I’m probably not quite as far on the pessimistic scale as you.. I don’t truely believe Adelaide have overtaken us.. not on skill anyway.
But I do agree, too many players looked lazy, uninterested. Still think our ceilings high. We need to stop gifting games to players that don’t play their role. Ainsworth for one stunk up the joint, Brodie too..
Heck unpopular opinion: I don’t rate Izak... he does the freaky stuff well, but you just rarely see him. Drifts out of games.

Every year we win the first 2-3 games of the season then nothing for the rest of it, hopefully this year we lose a few earlier on and finish strong like the good teams. Would be a welcome change.

Need a settle team , cannot keep changing , whipping boy like Burgess only play a handful of games , already on delist list in many so called expert here. Two goal first time playing together with king is not that bad .

whipping boy like Burgess only play a handful of games , already on delist list in many hater here .

People are frustrated so many players come and go for the same results.. but I think we need more mature players like burgess than kids from the draft with potential and a feel good story..
10 years of continuous top 10 draft picks for no improvement

Yeah classic medial and looked like a decent one too. Probably 4-6 weeks. Loved the way he refused to accept it though, kept trying to get up and keep going for the team but in the end not much he could do. Gee we haven't had much go our way this year. Hopefully we can scrape enough wins over the first half of the season to give the injured guys something to work towards for the back half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are frustrated so many players come and go for the same results.. but I think we need more mature players like burgess than kids from the draft with potential and a feel good story..
10 years of continuous top 10 draft picks for no improvement
Paul Roos ask GCs to draft Gibbon but GCS instead go for murdoch type .

Have cooled down a little after last night. Still disappointed, but after watching the Roos and Saints over this round as well, our effort levels are there, but just wasn't clean when it counted off two 6 day breaks back to back.

Witts going down hurt, but Burgess gutsed it out. However, that ruined our forward structure and made it hard to score. A few players have been found out and you hope that now, we can start seeing some squad rotation outside of just injury replacement.

Rowell, Flanders and Hollands are all match winners, I hope (not mature)

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely in a few years. We need one now though if we want to break the top 8.

I can see why we chased Eagles Josh Kennedy hard last year.

Or imagine having Ablett in his prime in this team. Or Bont or Dusty.

The frustrating thing is we have so much cash tied up in players that are offering very little... Fiorini, Murdoch, Hombsch, Brodie... that buys an A grade match winner.

I’ll be shocked beyond shocked if Witts isn’t a medial. It was a collision.
Yeah certain it is,
Definitely in a few years. We need one now though if we want to break the top 8.

I can see why we chased Eagles Josh Kennedy hard last year.

Or imagine having Ablett in his prime in this team. Or Bont or Dusty.

The frustrating thing is we have so much cash tied up in players that are offering very little... Fiorini, Murdoch, Hombsch, Brodie... that buys an A grade match winner.
Reckon Brodie and Fiorini get moved on. Should free some money up

Paul Roos ask GCs to draft Gibbon but GCS instead go for murdoch type .

I can understand at the time for bringing in GHS Murdoch Miles Hombsch because there was a lot of young players no leadership poor culture so bringing on senior players from geelong and Richmond for leadership and depth but now a gibbons type would be more suited than going to the draft and taking a schoenfeld type hoping you’re going to get a good player in 3/4 years or keeping academy players like dawson or heron for a feel good story

We need to get nic nat. Offer him a hodge like deal. Play and then coach. He would be the face of the club along with rowell. Twins those two
He wants a flag more than anything, has taken pay cuts. He'll stay at the eagles

I’m probably not quite as far on the pessimistic scale as you.. I don’t truely believe Adelaide have overtaken us.. not on skill anyway.
But I do agree, too many players looked lazy, uninterested. Still think our ceilings high. We need to stop gifting games to players that don’t play their role. Ainsworth for one stunk up the joint, Brodie too..
Heck unpopular opinion: I don’t rate Izak... he does the freaky stuff well, but you just rarely see him. Drifts out of games.
I agree that our ceiling is high and while my post can be seen as pessimistic I think it is more of a rant from an angry fan that sees us once again wasting what we have. The whole “it’s ok they are young” narrative we see trotted out time after time is covering over the cracks that clearly show that many high draft players are well behind where they should be

as an example let’s look at our “ Super draft” from 2016, we had 4 top 10 picks in Ainsworth, Scrimshaw, Brodie and Bowes. In my mind it is only Bowes that is living up to those potential, the other 3 have been very disappointing. Let’s look at some other players from that draft that have flourished in superior programs, McGrath ( gun), Taranto ( better than any of our picks) McCluggage ( looking good but jury is out) Florent ( better than 3 of our 4) logue, Perryman, witherden, Bolton all the way out to Daicos at pick 54 that have become arguably better than our super draft. I am aware you can prove anything with statistics but apart from Anderson ( who l see as a self motivated future superstar and maybe Wil Powell) our high end talent has either been poorly picked or developed and in both cases it’s time to tell the club some home truths

I’m sure some of you feel that if I am so disappointed I should just stop supporting the Suns and pointing out the failings, but it is the very fact that I love the club so much and want to see us reach the level we should already be playing at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back