Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I don’t think they will have any advantage at Bellerive oval the way they are playing won’t matter where it’s played
The disadvantage is the wind compared to no wind at Marvel

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Super jealous of Sydney. Playing some awesome footy, young guns are actually delivering. Their old horses are consistent as ever. Hope they finish the job off here

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I mean losing to Adelaide feels bad but "Finals contenders" Saints got destroyed by a young team which are tipped to be bottom 4

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Maybe the loss to eagles wasn’t so bad.. looking at what they are currently doing to a genuine contender.
Yeah positives haha, we didn't get beat like port tonight. Geez what a round everyone getting pumped meanwhile we lose away and that was the end of the world

leph

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m a GC native so Suns are my second team, and I’m a member!

I think the boys played brilliantly against the Crows. It’s a tough gig playing in Adelaide and you took it to them, and that feral crowd. Even with Tex kicking a bag.

As much as everyone hates the phrase, it was an ‘honourable loss’. Certainly leagues ahead of what the Sa*nts dished up today. Hope to see you playing finals this year.

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Love seeing RICHmond get what they deserve but at the same time it’s embarrassing to see Adelaide and Sydney rebuild on one off season while we continue to flounder.
10/18 starters for the 2016 Sydney Grand final are still playing and they've had the same coach the whole time. I know they had a lean last two years but the foundation of a premiership favourite team is still there, It's not really a surprise that they are able to bounce back.

Adelaide as well have 9/18 still playing from their 2017 GF year.

We haven't had that foundation group yet. As a club we don't really have any benchmark of where we need to be to succeed. It'll take time, but it'll happen. Still quietly confident we'll give finals a shake this year

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah positives haha, we didn't get beat like port tonight. Geez what a round everyone getting pumped meanwhile we lose away and that was the end of the world

Agree....travel to Perth....6 day break....come home have a win......travel to Adelaide off a 6 day break.....lose by 10.......and it's the end of the world

Next week we have Carlton who are off a 6 day break but haven't left Melbourne yet after 3 rounds, and we're off an 8 day break, so if we fall in a heap here, then you all can let fly with both barrels....although I'd have been happier if it was Carlton who travelled to Perth and Adelaide in the 1st 3 rds....although we all know that will never happen.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
So Crows beat one of last years grand finalists, They ran Sydney close enough whom just beat the tar out of last year's Premiers - West Coast just beat the tar out of last year's Minor Premiers.

We've just run both West Coast and Adelaide close away from home.

I'm not making excuses or putting all my faith in transitive wins and losses BUT I think we can all agree that 2 and a half rounds into the season, No one has the foggyist of who is a "good team" or a "bad team" right now*

*Except maybe North... Sorry Roos

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
So Crows beat one of last years grand finalists, They ran Sydney close enough whom just beat the tar out of last year's Premiers - West Coast just beat the tar out of last year's Minor Premiers.

We've just run both West Coast and Adelaide close away from home.

I'm not making excuses or putting all my faith in transitive wins and losses BUT I think we can all agree that 2 and a half rounds into the season, No one has the foggyist of who is a "good team" or a "bad team" right now*

*Except maybe North... Sorry Roos
Nothing will settle till around round 6 or 7. Last years form is very hard to put a finger on so teams like Adelaide and Sydney more then likely just had a bad season and now will be back to normal. Last year doesn't exist imo

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Geez , no wonder GCS at the bottom all this year ,BF one day melt like hell , another day look at Saint and Port not too bad . No progress , every year same same still the same.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
The problem IMO isn't the losses. It's the injuries we're getting out of every game. Each one takes a chunk out of our ability to compete - Witts especially so.

Our B rank midfield is going to have to be working out of their skins to get the ball out of the middle without a ruck to help give them the ball.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watching Carlton vs Fremantle. 1st qtr - so far lower quality, slower game than SUNS vs Crows. If we had Witts I would be very confident we beat Carlton especially 8 vs 6 day break. It will be in Burgess hands next Sat.

Back