news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Have you got an actual source/link? BTW I don't not believe you, I see that Paul has a bit of talent, not sure how good he is though.
Was on reddit boxing mate wish I saved it

Jon-Lovitz-Smile-Draw-Curtain-Wedding-Singer.gif

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm looking forward to Paul vs Askren. And I feel kinda sorry for people who can't enjoy it for what it is.

Shame about the Vettori fight being called off. Vettori seems like the real deal and is entertaining in and out of the ring.

Hope the Jones Ngannou fight gets made but I am already resigned to the UFC ballsing this one up*

*Not even necessarily their fault, if Jones is high-balling them.

In the ideal world, it would be x base dollars + a fair cut of PPV for both fighters.

Then they are both incentivised to sell the card in the leadup, and all parties get their fair share of the treasure.

Smarter men than me run the UFC so I figure they know what they are doing, and they are happy to let big fights die, to protect their own bottom line.

The UFC didn't get to where it is by paying fighters a cent more than they have to.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hope so.

Some of the seasons didn’t have the coaches fight at the end.
Not an expert on TUF but weren't they always scheduled to fight essentially?

Pretty nuts turnaround to be ruled out of a title fight and then a couple weeks later be TUF coaches. UFC have done pretty well here.

Back