Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Thursday April 8 @ SCG - Rd 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably our biggest test of the year so far. And the challenge won't be Essington, who are shite. It will be our mental application. Any team that gets ahead of itself can lose to anyone.

IN: Buddy, Rowbottom
OUT: Reid(?), Blakey

Only saying Reid as I think he was probably the least impressive of the three talls, but even he was quite good. Someone's gotta go for Buddy, but there's not a whole lot of difference between Reid, McLean and McDonald tbh based on today's game.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I know it’s early, but I’ve started the last couple of these and it seems to be working pretty well so far.

Turn up to play and we’re a good shot at going 4-0.

Wicksy, Logan, Paps, Heeney and Bud to share the spoils.

Swans by 30.
You with the previews. Me with the Game Day threads. What a pair Disco!!

wills2g

Premiership Player
Jun 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Probably our biggest test of the year so far. And the challenge won't be Essington, who are sh*te. It will be our mental application. Any team that gets ahead of itself can lose to anyone.

Only saying Reid as I think he was probably the least impressive of the three talls, but even he was quite good. Someone's gotta go for Buddy, but there's not a whole lot of difference between Reid, McLean and McDonald tbh based on today's game.

Agreed, biggest challenge is to stay level headed and not get ahead of ourselves with a ripper start

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Definitely not Reid.
More disposals & marks than McLean, double the metres gained and firmly established as our 2nd ruck (8 HOs, incl 3 to adv).
If Logan needs a rest off the short break so be it, otherwise Buddy for McLean

Buddy to come in for McLean is pretty straightforward, but whoever misses for Rowbottom will be stiff. McInerney possibly.

McInerney wasn't great today but was excellent last week. Blakey has had multiple ordinary performances now so shouldn't get the luxury of patience that McInerney should.

Probably our biggest test of the year so far. And the challenge won't be Essington, who are sh*te. It will be our mental application. Any team that gets ahead of itself can lose to anyone.

It depends which Essington turns up. We'll be very inconsistent this year, as I though you guys would be but your start has been fantastic. We lose Redman after he pinged his hammy (hopefully just a 3 weeker but knowing us it'll be 2 months) but we get Heppell back to replace him.

And the thing is we always seem to have thrillers at the SCG. Which you always win but still, I don't know how it happens so often.

Definitely not Reid.
More disposals & marks than McLean, double the metres gained and firmly established as our 2nd ruck (8 HOs, incl 3 to adv).
If Logan needs a rest off the short break so be it, otherwise Buddy for McLean

Stats

I love McLean's second and third efforts. Just makes things happen. Nothing against Reid's game. Have nothing but praise for what Reid has done this year so far.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Reid looked a little proppy at the end and might be carrying an injury but he looked miles better than McLean did today.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
This will be tough with a 5-day break. The decision to rest Buddy for the Tigers game leaving him free to take on his old bunnies could end up being a masterstroke

Reid looked a little proppy at the end and might be carrying an injury but he looked miles better than McLean did today.

I dunno, McLean continually impresses me with his smarts. I think we're a better team with him. I ultimately won't complain either way as we'd be splitting hairs between the three forwards.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It depends which Essington turns up. We'll be very inconsistent this year, as I though you guys would be but your start has been fantastic. We lose Redman after he pinged his hammy (hopefully just a 3 weeker but knowing us it'll be 2 months) but we get Heppell back to replace him.

And the thing is we always seem to have thrillers at the SCG. Which you always win but still, I don't know how it happens so often.

And always some controversy in our games lol.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
The fat pads in I want to say 2008?
Goalpost gate
Rohan manhandling Gleeson
We prefer to remember that one as MARK! MARK! MARK! ROHAN!!
:laughv1:
Always a decent crowd too and with both winning this weekend will be interesting to see how many we can get there this Thursday.

We prefer to remember that one as MARK! MARK! MARK! ROHAN!!
:laughv1:
Always a decent crowd too and with both winning this weekend will be interesting to see how many we can get there this Thursday.
Understandable. As long as you can understand why my favourite was Goodes missing after the siren...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back